Am I Pregnant or just crazy???

AmeliaMae

Hi Everyone,

So currently I am in a little bit of a situation which I am finding extremely emotional and confusing.

I have been trying to conceive naturally (just letting it happen when it happens) over the last 2 years. I have poly cystic ovaries, but not the syndrome.

So here's my story. I am 14 days late for my AF. It has been 6 weeks since the start of my LMP.
I have had numerous pregnancy symptoms.

So I had my first pregnancy test whilst getting a sexual health check up, 1 day late for AF. Negative.

Since then I have had alot of bloating, nausea, insomnia, really bad headaches (tension/migraines), dizziness, I had brown discharge almost like end of AF, then pink spotting when wiping for about 6 days, this has now completely stopped, constipation, back pain and sciatic pain, only began to have breast/nipple tenderness over last 2-3 days, I have noticed breast changes, nipples darkening, bumpy appearance, visible blue veins. I have also notices a slight linea nigra (Line from belly button towards pelvic region) appearing. And still no AF.

I have done 6 tests, 1 clinic (1 day late), and 5 HPTS (On late days 4, 5, 7, 9 and 10) all BFN's.. I am really hoping that I am with child, but need some advice and support I have no children, have never been pregnant and I just feel so confused and every test I take that comes up negative seems to hurt that little bit more, am I going crazy and imagining this?? Does anyone else have any similar stories? How did yours end?

Would love to hear from you..

Lots of love,

Amelia. Xoxo.

Do you have regular periods? I have pcos and my cycles are very out of whack, it's happened to me before, iv had loads of symptoms and complete missed a cycle, that lasted about 80days between AFs!
I suspect they won't take you seriously as lots of things can affect your cycle and give you symptoms. Your best bet is insisting on a blood test to see what's going on but pregnancy tests are pretty reliable so it would be rare that you'd be pregnant and it not come up. Let us know how you get on x

Hey thank you for your response. Although my ovaries have a poly cystic appearance and now and again cysts do form I do not have the syndrome, all of my hormone tests are completely normal, I ovulate regularly and cycles are always on time, I have missed a period twice before but it felt nothing like this, I have a GP appointment on Friday I'm going to push for a blood test and possible scan thank you for your advice and I will keep you updated xx

Hiya Amelia

I was like you, all the same symptoms and every test I took was negative. I took one on the 16th December and it was negative so thought right I better just go to the docs. I woke on the 21st with terrible sickness and thought oh I'll do one last test. That's when I got my positive. The other 10 tests I took that day were positive too lol
I was told 8 years ago after infertility drugs that I'd never have kids but here I am now, with my very own wee miracle baby. I done one of them clear blue tests too which said I'd be 7 weeks now. I've got my first midwife appointment next Tuesday. I'm so excited.
I know it's hard but just try wait another week before doing one. Fingers crossed its a positive for you too xxxxxxx

Thank you so much for your response Littlemissperfect, it has given me a lot of hope, hope late were you for your AF when you got your positive? I am now 16days late I am going to test first thing in morning and then go drs..

I had some brown discharge today not too dark had one or two stringy red lines in it sorry if tmi it was only when wiping also, I though AF was arriving but it's now completely stopped, so confused hopefully ill get my bloodworm tomorrow if morning test is a BFN again, good luck with your first appointment I am so happy for your this will also be my first baby if preg, and first pregnancy, I have never conceived before so it's a little scary, hoping after 2 years it's happened xx

Thank you so much for your response Littlemissperfect, it has given me a lot of hope, hope late were you for your AF when you got your positive? I am now 16days late I am going to test first thing in morning and then go drs..

I had some brown discharge today not too dark had one or two stringy red lines in it sorry if tmi it was only when wiping also, I though AF was arriving but it's now completely stopped, so confused hopefully ill get my bloodworm tomorrow if morning test is a BFN again, good luck with your first appointment I am so happy for your this will also be my first baby if preg, and first pregnancy, I have never conceived before so it's a little scary, hoping after 2 years it's happened xx

My last period was 19th of October so mines was well late and the test that said I was 4-5 weeks at the time doesn't add up with my periods so I'm guessing they're gonna send me for a scan straight away?! So I'm not really sure how late I was lol
I never had the brown discharge mines was clear? Omg what lovely talk over breakfast haha.
I'll keep my fingers and everything crossed for you chick. Good luck xxx

Lol I guess there's never an appropriate time to talk about this with all the information overload lol, so still no AF, BFN this morning with FRER, been to my dr who was amazing bloods done, results Friday if still negative and no period or BFP by next Friday I am being sent for an ultrasound but at least I will get answers xx

Lol I guess there's never an appropriate time to talk about this with all the information overload lol, so still no AF, BFN this morning with FRER, been to my dr who was amazing bloods done, results Friday if still negative and no period or BFP by next Friday I am being sent for an ultrasound but at least I will get answers xx

That's good then, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Make sure you keep me updated ;-) xx

Hey Ladies, Bloods came back negative, still no AF, absolutely no spotting at all now and no sign of AF have to wait it out until next Friday, and then I will get an ultrasound, hate waiting just want to know what's going on with my body :( So I am now 18 days late CD48, hate waiting its do confusing and hate BFNs even more, I'm now highly doubting I'm pregnant, guess I will have to wait for scan , symptoms are getting worse no better.. My clothes are way to tight my bras do not fit I've put on 6lbs in 2 weeks my appetites been off mild cramps, spotting, tender/sore boobs that come and go, headaches that are real Bad, nausea is ridiculous, the smell if everything makes me gag, insomnia like crazy and then every orher day cant stop sleeping, my body is being very mean to me.. And I just feel lost :(.. Next AF was suppose to be due 1/20/13.. I'm so confused I'm never late let alone skipping a whole cycle, my intuition is still telling me not to give up hope this could be it it feels so different, I think I'm just setting my self up for disappointment!

Have you done anything different? Been stressed out or really busy etc? Sometimes that can make you skip a cycle,
I hope the scan gives you the result you want x

Aw I'm sorry to hear that hun. Hopefully the scan will show what's going on.
Never lose hope xxxxxx

So AF shown up Friday full heavy thick flow.. (Sorry if TMI) now it's completely stopped back to light spotting dark brown old blood, I'm so confused.. I've bled for 2-3 days my AF has never been that short, and only bled full heavy flow until yesterday afternoon.. Bk to drs for me I think.. :(

So AF shown up Friday full heavy thick flow.. (Sorry if TMI) now it's completely stopped back to light spotting dark brown old blood, I'm so confused.. I've bled for 2-3 days my AF has never been that short, and only bled full heavy flow until yesterday afternoon.. Bk to drs for me I think.. :(

Oh no! That doesn't sound too normal Hun. Yeh keep badgering them till they find out what's going on xx

Back