Total Solution I am really doing this

Hello from the big Apple everyone!
Wow, aside from a nightmarish trip (we had to turn back as someone had a medical emergency during takeoff!!) - I'm finally here!
Had proteins during flight
Went to Red Farm last night with friends - they all noticed the weightloss which was nice (but uncomfortable - kind of like, "here she goes again" - but that's JUST my head talking) - I've know all of them since uni, so they all know me inside and out - numerous diets (succeeded/failed) - so I know they meant well.
I had no alcohol, and stayed within the high end protein parameters of what was available - naked dim sums, chicken lollipops - no rice, no noodles. I had a nice time.
We just had breakfast
2 egg whites scrambled and 2 slices of bacon, and coffee - no OJ, no toast etc so I'm good. I've been drinking my water so that's nice as well

I really want to enjoy this trip, but not go overboard - which is hard to do in the US if you've ever been (portion sizes are just gargantuesque!)
Going up to Maine later today, so road trip WITHOUT munchies. Will stick to steamed lobster as much as I can :rolleyes: We're meeting up with friends Saturday so I know they will be drinking!!!

That's great if they are noticing the difference. Sounds very yummy food choices but I'm really hungry today.

Hi guys... checking in - honesty time as well.

Yesterday's lunch was a chipotle bowl with black beans and guacamole. Ate half so that's about 450 cals
Dinner - 1 lobster, no butter ... nibbled on the corn, ate the little side of coleslaw (apple cider, no mayo)

I'm realizing exactly how hard it is to navigate in carbland... they're just EVERYWHERE!! Also something worth noting, I never have salt in my food, every time I go out I find everything salty! Which leads to major water retention

You are doing really well, after my carb fest I have been really thirsty, my belly has grown at least an inch. Have a lovely weekend.

IMG_5740.JPG Yesterday's dinner - delicious but also very pretty... it helps me keep things in check!!

Saw my daughter today, first time in a month!! So very very happy and emotional. The first thing she wanted was to get the heck off of camp!! And have lunch at a steakhouse. So we indulged her. I had steak tips with asparagus because frankly the salads are so calorific here!! Ate half gave the other half to my husband. Trying to get my son and husband to go have dinner without me tonight! Still digesting lunch here

well, dinner didn't happen without me - so i had thai coconut soup (2 shrimps in it). Fingers crossed for today. It's the end of visiting weekend and ly daughter always cries her heart out when I leave (granted I know 5 minutes later she's moved on :rolleyes:) - so I have to be wary of the emotional eating tonight!

That plate, I am not sure I would know where to begin. It must have been lovely to see your daughter. Your choices sound great and it is difficult to balance real life especially family and close friends with this diet but you seem to be doing great and probably unrealistic that you will not indulge a little. Maybe a little retail therapy when you have to say goodbye.

I googled 'Exante diary' and yours came up, I was hooked and read it all and have now signed up! I restarted 2 weeks ago with 3 stone to lose. I bought myself a Motivacelet to keep track as the pounds go down and have ordered a dress I want to wear to a party at the end of October, I also just ordered Slendersip as it seems to have helped you. I have done Exante successfully a couple of times over the years (not to mention a few failed restarts!), but this time I am determined. I am 13lbs down, but will stop weighing now as I dont want the scales to determine how I feel each day. My clothes will tell me that I'm headed in the right direction.

I hope today is going well for you.

I googled 'Exante diary' and yours came up, I was hooked and read it all and have now signed up! I restarted 2 weeks ago with 3 stone to lose. I bought myself a Motivacelet to keep track as the pounds go down and have ordered a dress I want to wear to a party at the end of October, I also just ordered Slendersip as it seems to have helped you. I have done Exante successfully a couple of times over the years (not to mention a few failed restarts!), but this time I am determined. I am 13lbs down, but will stop weighing now as I dont want the scales to determine how I feel each day. My clothes will tell me that I'm headed in the right direction.

I hope today is going well for you.
Hi Supersmiley and welcome!!

Hoping you are having a wonderful time.
Thanks Freefall!

Well I'm back on this side of the ocean.. bloated from the heat, salt and altitude (planes don't agree with me)!

So let's recap - I stopped writing when I was in Boston.. met up with friends, kept up the seafood buuuut it was clam chowder (cream) so that was quite a few calories (and a few lactaids later!) then scallops. The next day was rushed because the rain hampered our departure, but we had to be on time to drop off my son at JFK. Let's just say that if I'd had a cow, I'd have eaten it whole... the nerves were frayed.
Major accidents and 4 hours of back to back traffic later, my son was safely put on a plane ( 45 minutes before departure)
Back in the car for another frazzled drive to the city. By the time we'd checked into the hotel, I was like f* it! I had Mexican - my downfall - mind you it was 2 little fish tacos as I couldn't eat the 4 served, but I had guacamole and *drumroll* a margarita... THERE I said it!
Feel better because this is my honest space and I was contemplating "unremembering" it à la Trump!

The next day, well yesterday in fact started early - had egg white omelette, nothing to talk about really and a cobb salad for lunch... Sushi in the lounge while waiting for flight. But in between I shopped, shopped aaaannnd shopped (another addiction of mine :oops:) - My husband was with me so I restrained (a little), but it just felt like ALL the food and drinks I didn't have (or need) on this trip just morphed into a need to shop.
Bottom-line 4 suitcases and 2 carry-ons later, I sat on the plane placated - no it wasn't all my shopping, I brought back some of my daughter's stuff and books she bought but it still represented 130kgs. When I was at the counter and I put the suitcase on the counter platform to be weighed, it said 32kgs and I was thought, wow... that's basically what I need to lose!!!!!! SO shocking - a real wake up call, that case was heavy as crap! It really hit home, wow wow wow... I haven't unpacked it and I keep going to pick it up, it's intense

Anyway, made me rush on the scales even though I know it's never a good idea given the water retention etc... and I put on 5lbs. I am relieved as I know this will just erase itself this week. The trick being just getting back to 3 packs without falling off the wagon.

So I'm counting on you guys for support while i get back into ketosis, and I think I'm going to keep that case right where it is until this weekend, just as a little extra reminder.

PHEWWW well sorry it was so long but lots of catching up to do. Also, of course my online orders that I had purchased before leaving were waiting right in the hallway... I think my husband is going to have a fit one of these days!

Last edited:
This morning!!! Rough rough!!! It's just psychological I know... not hungry but apprehending the deprivation.

I can do this.. I'm going to hairdresser, get a facial - then pop in to the office see what problems I'll have to deal with this week... this should keep me busy for a bit
Then deal with this week's menu for my husband etc so everyone can do their bit.
Tonight I'll try some clothes to see what fits and what doesn't
That's the plan Stan - I aim to stick to it too! 1.5l of water down

Well, facial didn't happen.
In&out of office before anyone could see me :D
Dealt with house stuff
Ate an apple crumble custard - hot it's yuck, but I have to eat it lukewarm and before that skin sets on it otherwise it makes me gag.

Had more water and now just sitting catching up on diaries though I should deal with the unopened boxes before someone comes home and finds them still sitting there.

FullSizeRender-4.jpg

Well, I had my third and last meal! The red bean chili, I added chile powder to the mix because it is a bit too sweet for me. Hit the spot, but the headache is still very much present

Good morning!
well it's a good one after last night! Along with the headache came cravings... so crazy considering the fact that i was off only for a week! Anyway had some ham and goat cheese, but the cravings came back in the middle of the night :( Actual, -you have to get up and eat- cravings.. I had some water and remained firmly in bed. I guess I must have fallen asleep at some point!
I should have used Exante sip yesterday, I don't know why I forgot. Anyway, i had some first thing this am (5 am) along with my coffee.
And I just got my second coffee with a lemon bar. I always find it a bit sweet, however I'm not ordering any more Exante until they get their act together!
I got on the scales and had a nice reward - 2lbs gone already... it's convincing me to stay the course

So yeah, it's the start of a great morning, and i wish the same for everyone :)

Yaaaay for the loss! I cannot wait for weigh day on Sunday. I hope I lose something

You will, trust me!
As long as you drink your water and are careful about your "doctoring" - don't add things you shouldn't, but you know what i mean!

Had another red bean chili for lunch - I'm liking it better this time around, I just add pepper flakes and it seems to "unsweetened" it a little... I think it's the tomato stuff they use, a bit like the bolognese (which just grosses me out!) I want to do this in for the ling run, so I can't feel cheated if i miss out on "real food".

Back