Total Solution I am really doing this

Well last weekend was my husband's bday - so another bash! but I'm doing good with exercise, so its offsetting the calories a little (still registered a 5lb gain over the weekend!). I'll see what the scale says tomorrow... and I'll start from there

It's so hard to be sociable and on Exante!

I'm in this with you, although i'm looking forward to Christmas... I'm also dreading it!!

Well, we're enjoying the sun and the holidays. I actually prefer being away for Christmas - the holidays always leave me a little depressed, so sun therapy is exactly what was needed.

I don't have wifi or a good connection, but I took advantage of market shopping to stop at a café, bask in the sun and catch up on how everyone is doing!

Food-wise i'm being very good, enjoying grilled seafood, I just need to lay off of the plantains and all the delicious sweet fruits!

I'll try to check in around new year's eve bye for now

Happy New Year everyone!
Finally back from the holidays and boy does it feel cold right now.

Anyway, the kids are back in school and I haven't been back to the office yet. I'm trying to organize myself and decide exactly just what I want to do and how to do it to get to goal. I have another 40lbs to go - I haven't gained much over the month off and I'm happy to start the new year without having to start all over again :woohoo:

So I'm going to lurk around the various forums and see what everyone is doing and see what's feasible for me

Hi all! Still haven't found a solution to my eating plan, so until then, I'm just lo-carbing it. I can tell you that the days I have bread/rice/pasta are the days where my body doesn't feel well... whether it is white or brown doesn't seem to make one bit of a difference. I start to bloat up almost immediately and have to undo my pants - which, by the way are not tight at all. It also triggers crazy stomach ache, not unlike the one I get if I have a milk product without my meds...
It's crazy to be like this! I always have to be wary when I'm out with clients etc.
One positive note for 2017 - I completely ditched alcohol! Did me no good and I don't fancy it at all so bring on 2018 with a new way of eating.
I can't seem to get back in the swing of things with exercise though - I KNOW that this will be needed to shed the last 40lbs if I don't want to be flabby but I can't seem to organize myself lately :confused:

You need to find what works for you 😊

My plan is to move to a low carb lifestyle once I reach target weight.......which absolutely will be the end of this year!!! 😀

Have a good day 😊

You need to find what works for you 😊

My plan is to move to a low carb lifestyle once I reach target weight.......which absolutely will be the end of this year!!! 😀

Have a good day 😊

Yes, a sustainable plan is what I'm looking for. I'll take the time I need to find it, I just refuse to gain whilst looking so lo-carbing it my way and calorie counting 1700/day until I do so.

Hi EM - here to subscribe. I'm back on exante (plus a small low carb meal daily) so I need plenty of distraction. I think we 'met' om the Atkins board here a few years back. I love the low carb way of eating but I have such a mountain of weight to lose that I'm going to VLCD it and then maintain with low carb. Worked for me last time (until the carbs kidnapped me). Lovely to read that last year was a good one for you and that you're starting from such a great place this year. :classic_smile:

Hi EM - here to subscribe. I'm back on exante (plus a small low carb meal daily) so I need plenty of distraction. I think we 'met' om the Atkins board here a few years back. I love the low carb way of eating but I have such a mountain of weight to lose that I'm going to VLCD it and then maintain with low carb. Worked for me last time (until the carbs kidnapped me). Lovely to read that last year was a good one for you and that you're starting from such a great place this year. :classic_smile:

Hi Spinoza, I'm not sure we've met before, but welcome! :classic_smile:
Congrats on your first week's loss - 8lbs is great. When's your weigh day?
How much do you need to lose? I still have 40 to go give or take but I'll probably adjust as I get closer to goal. I'm finally in the overweight BMI (that sounds weird), but I can't wait to be in the healthy range
Anyway, good luck, I know that the days seem so long without food in the equation, but I'l sure you can do it!

Weigh in tomorrow too. Fingers crossed for you. In total I have 6 stones to lose, but I'm breaking it into chunks. I want to lose 30lbs in my first 60 days. And I've done 13 days already - hurrah!

Hi all! Still haven't found a solution to my eating plan, so until then, I'm just lo-carbing it. I can tell you that the days I have bread/rice/pasta are the days where my body doesn't feel well... whether it is white or brown doesn't seem to make one bit of a difference. I start to bloat up almost immediately and have to undo my pants - which, by the way are not tight at all. It also triggers crazy stomach ache, not unlike the one I get if I have a milk product without my meds...
It's crazy to be like this! I always have to be wary when I'm out with clients etc.
One positive note for 2017 - I completely ditched alcohol! Did me no good and I don't fancy it at all so bring on 2018 with a new way of eating.
I can't seem to get back in the swing of things with exercise though - I KNOW that this will be needed to shed the last 40lbs if I don't want to be flabby but I can't seem to organize myself lately :confused:

Helllooooo - long time no write!

How are you? Are you on or off plan?

I have been on a different kind of health kick for the last 6 weeks - purely healthy eating and a lot of exercise, but i am just waiting for new Exante products to arrive and then i am going to blast it for the next month!!! Hopefully they won't take forever to arrive!

Anyway tell me your news, how are you?

Laura :)

Hi everyone! Well I've kind of lost the plot these past months... I was doing keto and it was going pretty good, but then i had to go do some research in Florence 4 days a week and let's just say eating out is not kind, but especially in Italy (gave in too many times) so before the weight started creeping up too much (8lbs) I've decided to use the rest of my gazillion packs until I get a better handle on things. I'm still based there 2-3 days a week, but now I forego the restaurant - and a friend has kindly lent me her place... so no more hotel excuses! I'm still not at goal, but I've managed to maintain albeit the 8 lbs which will hopefully quickly disappear

I'm going to go browse everyone's diary now and see who's new in town

Hey Elm2,

Thanks for popping on my thread and I've responded :) When I popped back on the forum yesterday I headed straight to your diary and was going to do a 'shout out' but noticed your last post was back in Jan, so I thought maybes you'd left, or was taking a break from the forum (much like me). So it's great to get back in touch with you and can appreciate all that travelling makes any sort of plan difficult to follow. You've done so well losing 20.8kg - awesome :)

Welcome back - and thank you for stopping back at my diary. Research in Florence sounds *amazing* though - despite the slight weight gain. Looking forward to joining you on your weight loss adventures :)

Today is officially day 2 -
I had a sneak peak on the scales - though I shouldn't... a week ago Monday I was 107.6kg (237lbs) :eek: which I KNOW was false... water retention, salt, TOM etc. Today I'm at 99.4 (219lbs) which is closer to my February weight of 96.5 (213), but dang that is crazy and can really play on my mind if I'm not careful.

My short term goal is to do the Man plan during the week when I'm away (or else my husband will flip!) and to do keto on weekends until I reach 80-84kgs (175-185lbs). That is between 2.5-3stones - so feasible in 3 months right? I'll reassess after that

Yesterday I had:
Dahl pot - Castingnasturtium, you are NOT the only one who got them in packs of 16 - however mine is by choice. I used to have 3 indian curry packs a day until they changed the formula! I'm one of those very simplistic spirits, if it ain't broke, don't fix it kind.

Double Chocolate bar - just because it was there, it was OK except for the gritty feeling like you're eating a bar that's fallen in the sand at the beach o_O

Rotisserie chicken breast
Forgot a pack I think - I need to document things or else I will forget, crazy I know but true, I had about 5-6l of water/tea... My usual, but today I will keep track

I started off strong this morning with the maple syrup pancakes... WTH was that? It had blobs of licorice in it (wait is that what they think maple syrup tastes like?) - ugh

On a personal note, I'm so glad I'm no longer doing the Cannes Film Festival bit. Just had a call from my partner all "frazzled", eaten and bloated by the stress! High on caffeine and nerves! while I'm sat here chillin' (there is justice in the world!)

Back