Am i silly

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by tara40, 19 May 2010 Social URL.

1. tara40

tara40 Loves Norman Reedus

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(12.95%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am going to my brother in laws wedding in September. I bought a lovely dress, a size 14 (i am 16) to wear. My hubby is best man so will be going from his brother's house to the wedding leaving me with our boys. I dont want him to see me in my new dress until i get to the wedding so it will be a bit of a wow factor for him. Am i silly.

this is the dress

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lovely_Laura

Lovely_Laura Moooooo

Start Weight:
    33st0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    11st0.5lb(33.44%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Nope not being silly, it's good to surprise them sometimes. Get dressed in something normal or wait for him to leave and then change. Just don't out-do the bride.:D

4. tara40

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(12.95%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    :wave_cry:
    Dont even get me started with the bride. She is the one that said to me "how many times have you joined SW" and she tries to sabotage me when i go round there. If you have watched the last series of Biggest Loser Australia, she is built like Sammy before.
    Plus she is the one that encouraged me to get this dress rather than a prettier one that i showed her which was all beaded (it was lovely) but this dress will suit me as i have a large hour glass figure, just covered in loads of fat. :wave_cry::wave_cry:

Last edited: 19 May 2010
  5. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The only silly thing you have done is buy the dress, supposing it's too big:eek::eek::eek:

The dress is lovely & it's so nice to give the men in our life some excitement.

You'll definately give him the wow factor it's a lovely shape.

6. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

sounds fantastic - not at all silly!!! i think you will look ace, make sure you get some slimming pants to show off your curves to the MAX!!! I think they really compliment a dress (the smoothing pant thingies from M&S!!!) and make you feel fantastico!!!

show the 'one who comments' that you dont give a fluff!!! and hold your head high and shimmy past her!!! work it girl!!!! *cheers*

x

7. tara40

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(12.95%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    am definitely going to get the slimming pants. and as for the girl with the comments. she is my sister in law and its her wedding !!!

8. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

oh ok - still......look fab and feel fab! x

9. Eternalflame

Eternalflame Excited about the new me!

Start Weight:
    16st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(4.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Certainly not, no .. in any shape or form. I do the same :).. I think its lovely to do that, its a surprise that you have a new dress and you'll be smaller to be in it too, so defo be a WOW factor. xx

10. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    you keep the sparkle going and keep him interested. You sexy beastie.:cupid::bananalove:

11. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    No you're not being silly! If he sees you before he goes he might rip it off you :p Gorgeous frock! You'll look wonderful.

12. Becca Wecca

Becca Wecca skinny minny here I come!

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You never know, come september the dress may be to big for you!! Make sure you try it on a week or so before the wedding just in case!! You may well have to take it in or buy a new one!! :p

And it is far from silly I bet your husband will be blown away when he sees you!! xx

13. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    Tara- I do this every Saturday night!
    I make my OH get dressed in the spare room and keep the bedroom door shut and he HAS to be downstairs first before I come down and show myself off- this is just part of enjoying being a woman and keeping the spark alive. Much better than the alternative of not caring what your OH sees.

The dress is beautiful- it may not be the sparkly dress you originally chose but I think it looks elegant and classy- you will make him VERY proud

xxxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.