Am I the only one ..... ?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by paul1978, 18 October 2009 Social URL.

1. paul1978

paul1978 DO NOT QUIT !

Last year on Cambridge, I lost close to 7 stones. However now I have put most of it back on again :cry::cry:
    Because I now know that it is possible to get that much weight off and I now know what it feels like and the happiness I felt when It was coming off ..... I kinda feel obsessed about getting it off again in the quickest possible time (even though my tummy says differently when it feels hungry) Am I the only one who constantly feels like this ?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. boardwitless

boardwitless Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    I guess it's a natural thing to want to get it over and done with in the shortest possible time, (especially as you know what's ahead now)which is why Sole Source is so tempting to use as a safety net when/if gains occur which is not what its purpose is during maintenance. You seem to be motivated enough currently which can be a problem for anyone restarting so good luck to you.
    Just being nosy but I am within sight of goal and beginning to start the upwards steps - did you complete the programme as prescribed (810, 100, 1200 etc)? Obviously I realise that the losing is the easier part compared to maintaining but would be interested in finding out what the reasons were for your gains, if only to try to avoid them myself. Hope you don't mind me asking.

4. mrsessex

mrsessex Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    good luck with your restart x

5. Big H

Big H Silver Member

Start Weight:
    23st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(19.82%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I am completely the same. Once you have experinced slimdom (or close to it) and then put the weight back on it's almost impossible to take a long term view and accept doing a diet that is going to lose an average of 2 pounds a week. If you are capable of doing a more conventional diet that only loses that amount I would advise that you do, becuase long term it really is the best way. Personally I am just not capable of doing conventional long terms diets, I am an 'all or nothing' person

Good luck

6. paul1978

paul1978 DO NOT QUIT !

No, Unfortunately I didnt do the steps/maintenance - that was probably part of my un-doing.

7. Witchy

Witchy ButtERfly

Start Weight:
    22st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st13lb(22.26%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Good luck with it x

8. boardwitless

boardwitless Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Thanks for your reply, best of luck with the plan.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.