Am i the only woman on the planet who doesn't like wine??

pixie-gem

Gold Member
I've tried to like it, and tried red, rose, white and even champagne and all i can say is yuck!

I am a bourbon kinda chick, cocktails on holiday maybe, and possibly vodka if i'm in a stupid bar that doesn't have any bourbon (believe it or not, they do exist!)

Feel like as an "adult" (when the feck did that happen and how do i make it stop?) i should like stuff like that.

Please tell me there are others who aren't into the whole wine thing...please :D xx

If you want to like it then it's worth trying different types of wine. I used to think all wine tasted like vinegar but then someone gave me 3 different bottles of red wine as a gift so I decided that each weekend for the following 3 weeks I would try a different bottle to see if it grew on me. First one was horrible and it went down the sink, don't think I managed to finish a glass. The next one - first sip was horrible but another then another and it started to taste different. Leaving wine to breathe definitely makes a difference to the taste. Depending on your tastes you might want to opt for sweeter, easier to drink, versions of wine rather than the dryer stuff- they've got a lot of sugar added but it can develop the taste for it. A rose wine is a good middle ground to try. I've got a slight allergy to white wine so I'm not much use there. Also, watering down your wine with soda water and making a spritzer is an option - it takes the edge off. In saying all that, wine is definitely not a friend to weight loss as it's packed with syns but every now and again is fine. :)

Thank you for the reply hun!
I'm the same in that it all tastes like vinegar to me too, but then so does cider and lager hehe....not a great palate i don't think :D

I'm not a wine drinker either. Can drink a glass of rose if it's given to me but yeah..my face still goes funny lol! xx

Eurgh I really hate wine, it's awful. I drink Malibu, cocktails and love a can of fosters in the sunshine x

Sooo glad it's not just me! :D xx

I'm much more of a spirits girl in general! When I'm out its normally vodka, malibu, archers, midori, jäger or cocktails :D do like koppaberg, Rekorderlig and cider & black too x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Haha I love that its not just me :) I can do cocktails and stuff as long as they are fruity otherwise just gimme a bottle of Jack and send me to sit in the corner :p x

No, you're not the only woman on the planet who doesn't like wine! I'm teetotal and in this alcohol-saturated society, am made to feel a bit of a freak.

To be fair, I only drink a few times a year, generally holidays and special occasions. I can't stand hangovers! Although my dad always said at least 2 pints of water and 2 paracetamol before bed and no hangover. I just forget after I've had a few!

Don't think you should be made to feel like an outsider because you choose not to though, that seems rather unfair :(

I can't stand wine, so you're definitely not alone. One glass is enough to give me a really bad headache, so I don't bother with it! It all tastes like vinegar to me anyhow, lol! I'm a vodka drinker these days, but still like the odd pint of cider or lager and lime :) xx

just been to a christening this afternoon and I had Malibu and diet coke and 2 bottle of desperados. That was my first drink since 2nd Feb so I don't drink often either. I am out for a friends 30th on 11th May but I probably wont be drinking again for a few months after that. I don't drink at home and very rarely go out with friends for a night out as I hate waking up the next day and realising how much money I have spent! I would much rather use the money for a family meal or day trip xx

just been to a christening this afternoon and I had Malibu and diet coke and 2 bottle of desperados. That was my first drink since 2nd Feb so I don't drink often either. I am out for a friends 30th on 11th May but I probably wont be drinking again for a few months after that. I don't drink at home and very rarely go out with friends for a night out as I hate waking up the next day and realising how much money I have spent! I would much rather use the money for a family meal or day trip xx

Ditto to that and I'm only 22 lol! Generally I drink at Christmas and then birthdays or the odd time when I'm meeting up with friends for a night out. I could easily go without, doesn't bother me at all x

Oh god yeah, hubby and I have easily gone through £200 on a night out before, sod that nowadays, there is so much more I could do with that now lol ;)

I never drink at home, and only in social situations. I never just go for one as if I stop drinking then I get a hangover after about 30 mins so general rule of thumb is either keep going or don't start :p

I'm not a big fan of wine and I can only drink 1 small glass of it with a meal. I could never go out drinking with the girls on that all night lol.
Its not often I drink now though only when hubby and I go out for a meal I will have one or two xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I dislike wine too, I can drink cider if it has something in it such as black or fruity tastes I can't drink a can of Strongbow on it's own. I'm a disaronno type of girl..

I wish I had that problem. A nice glass of red wine is one of my pleasures. I just hate what it does to my teeth! White wine is ok, and I like the taste of rosé, but it gives me awful heartburn :(

Other than that I don't like any other alcohol with the exception of Cider and Red WKD, which I love when sitting outside on a sunny day. Can't make any of those my main drink of choice however, as they both put weight on me like there's no tomorrow!

Back