AM I TOO OLD AT 55

diggerby

Hi Everyone,

I havn't started slimming world yet but am hoping to do so very soon. I am a 55 yr old female with two and a half stone to loose. My question is. Is there anyone on this forum that is a similar age or older. I find loosing weight so hard now I have become middle aged. When I was in my 20's and 30's it just fell off.

I have just started a new job which uses a bit more energy so hoping that will help, but I am worried this diet won't work and I will be back to "failing" again.

Can anyone give me encouragement with their stories of weight loss if they are a similar age to me.

Thanks very much

I have met a lot of women in my group your age, or older, who have all had success with Slimming World. Just give it all you've got and you'll see the results.
Well done on the decision to join, by the way! You're never too old to make a new ending to your story!

Hi Everyone,

I havn't started slimming world yet but am hoping to do so very soon. I am a 55 yr old female with two and a half stone to loose. My question is. Is there anyone on this forum that is a similar age or older. I find loosing weight so hard now I have become middle aged. When I was in my 20's and 30's it just fell off.

I have just started a new job which uses a bit more energy so hoping that will help, but I am worried this diet won't work and I will be back to "failing" again.

Can anyone give me encouragement with their stories of weight loss if they are a similar age to me.

Thanks very much
Hi there, I am 57 not far off 58, I find it is a lot harder to lose the weight now than when I was younger, but it will come off as long as you stick to it. About 6 months ago I decided to up my exercise and worked my way through the C25K running programme, I can now run 5k without stopping, I have never done any running in my life! So don't give up on it, you can do it.

its never too late :) give it a go, you will be pleasantly surprised :)

Hi diggerby and welcome to minis and good luck with your journey.

I am 50 and yes it is harder as you get older, but having said that I have tried WW and SW and I find SW easier to follow and im managing a slow but steady loss. I want 3 stones off in total - lost 1 1/2 up to now so only another 1 1/2 to go.

The plan does work as you can see if you have a good look around the site. There are lots of ideas, recipes and inspiration on minis and, if it helps keep a food diary on here then people can guide/help/encourage you along your journey. Were all here for the same reason. If you put the hard work in it will pay off :D

I am 51 and certainly find it harder to lose weight. However I have so far lost 19lb with Slimming World and have lost something every week. I am adding exercise to my day and trying to be more active. As you get older you lose muscle mass and I am trying to avoid becoming immobile as I get older.
It may be a little trickier but the incentives and rewards are greater. In the three months I have been at SW I have seen improvements in my blood pressure, my joints ache less and the horrendous hot flushes/palpitations relating to the menopause have just about disappeared.
Go for it. What have you got to lose (apart from a jelly belly)?

Back