Am seriously wondering

Dietingdon

Silver Member
How am I going to manage on this diet for another 8 months? as it'll take me roughly that long to get to my goal. I know I'll have the odd AAMW, but I really don't want to go onto 790 because I want optimum weight loss. I'm only at the beginning of week 4, and have found it easy up until now, but the last few days have been far mor difficult.

Aw Donna. It is hard, especially as you see it as a long stretch ahead of you, but you've done amazingly well since starting, look at those losses, they're fab. Are you considering stopping CD altogether? Surely it would be better for you to go onto 810 rather than ceased CD altogether. Just think how fab you will feel at the end of 8 months when you've lost all of that weight! And just think how long it would take if you were doing SW or WW? A lot lot longer! 8 months will go really fast, It'll be christmas again before you know it, and you'll be there as a skinny mini, like me!

You CAN do this!

Aw Donna. It is hard, especially as you see it as a long stretch ahead of you, but you've done amazingly well since starting, look at those losses, they're fab. Are you considering stopping CD altogether? Surely it would be better for you to go onto 810 rather than ceased CD altogether. Just think how fab you will feel at the end of 8 months when you've lost all of that weight! And just think how long it would take if you were doing SW or WW? A lot lot longer! 8 months will go really fast, It'll be christmas again before you know it, and you'll be there as a skinny mini, like me!

You CAN do this!

Im not at the stage where Im thinking of stopping, nowhere near that point yet, but 8 months seems a long time. I know in the scheme of things its not, but Im worried I will feel this way at some point, and what if I can't get over it. I'm probably worrying for no reason. I'm good at that!

I find it easier to just take one day at a time, it seems so much less to face than the mountain of saying "x months". The time passes on anyway, but it doesn't seem as daunting.

Try breaking it down into mini goals, and you'll be there before you know it!

Good luck, you CAN so this!

Theresa x

I'm a worrier too! Just cross that bridge if and when you come to it, there isn't any point decidng now, for something that might not happen for a while and may not happen all together!

How am I going to manage on this diet for another 8 months? as it'll take me roughly that long to get to my goal. I know I'll have the odd AAMW, but I really don't want to go onto 790 because I want optimum weight loss. I'm only at the beginning of week 4, and have found it easy up until now, but the last few days have been far mor difficult.

You might be suprised by the lack of difference 790/810 weightloss actually is hun.... I think its 11lbs a month vs 14lbs a month - when you think about the amount you can actually eat and if you are struggling with just the packs then it really is an excellent option.

Just because you are experiencing difficulties following the SS plan - does not for one minute mean that you cannot do this diet luv! There are plenty of options available inc SS+....

No point being miserable for the next 8months when you could be actually enjoying what you are doing and feeling good is there xxxxxxx

I have often thought about this. I can see myself been on this for another 5/6months with no end in site but i dont think of it that way. I try and take one stone at a time, and have broke my weight loss down into goals. Why dont you make out some kind of plan and say ok i want to be such and such by such a date. As clare says there isnt much of a difference in the loses 11 v's 14 so its always a option if you start to find ss hard.

becky :)

Wow you've lost 19lbs so far thats excellent! I was thinking about 790 as well but i just think whats the point when I could loose an extra few lbs every week if I dont and then I will be uber excited about add a meal week there is a post on recepies and i though it was excellent i havnt tried any of them yet but they might help such as cookies, muffins, crisps im sure they cant be like the normal ones but some days anything for a change would be good. I have started putting packs of tetra in the firdge and then in the evenings I have it as icecream and its soooo nice it actually tastes like choc icecream and takes ages to eat lovin it!

I really understand where your coming from as I often go from being really into the diet and being really strong, and then other times I feel like Im really missing out on all my fave food. I actually start to think, "is it that bad being fat and why can't I just be I happy how I am now" But Im not happy how I am so that always stops me. Sometimes I eat a bit of cheese or a peice of chicken if I feel down, not that it helps, I just do? weird.
Luv CharX

I want to totally dedicate myself to SS for as long as possible, and if I get to a point where I cant do it anymore, then and only then will I move to ss+ or 790. I think it's been hard this week because I have been around food so much more than normal, and I feel I'm missing out, but I guess I have to remember why I'm doing this. I want to lose weight, have more confidence, be more healthy and happy, buy lovely clothes, and have a holiday in Novemeber to California where I don't have to worry if Im too fat to get the plane seatbelt around me, or will I fit on the theme park rides! I have to remember all these things.

I want to totally dedicate myself to SS for as long as possible, and if I get to a point where I cant do it anymore, then and only then will I move to ss+ or 790. I think it's been hard this week because I have been around food so much more than normal, and I feel I'm missing out, but I guess I have to remember why I'm doing this. I want to lose weight, have more confidence, be more healthy and happy, buy lovely clothes, and have a holiday in Novemeber to California where I don't have to worry if Im too fat to get the plane seatbelt around me, or will I fit on the theme park rides! I have to remember all these things.

I know exactly where you're coming from - just dont let yourself be fooled into thinking that 'if you actually eat' you are failing (oh you knw what I mean..... I think:eek::eek:)

I think the advantages of SS are the complete control it gies you and with the other plans and 'real food' at this stage (ie when you're not completely ready) it sounds a wee bit daunting....

You've probably just had a couple of tough days - they happen dont they!

Well done on your brill losses so far Donna xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree with the other guys re setting mini targets. I take it a stone at a time and change my ticker to reflect that. If at the beginning I actually thought how long it would take to reach goal I'd have never stuck to it.

Come on guys.....we can all do it!!

Hiya,

My advice would be not to look at the whole journey ahead of you....it'll make you start playing mind games & convincing yourself you'll never stick to the diet for that long (this happens to me when I think how much longer I've got to do the diet !).

My best advice is for you to take each day at a time - when you're going through a hard patch, just focus on getting through that day. When you've made it to tomorrow, you will feel good that you stuck to the diet the previous day & therefore CAN stick to it again today.

Set yourself mini goals, & reward yourself with something for achieving them, for example, when you lose 1/2 a stone, treat yourself to a beauty treatment, or something you'll enjoy. You need to reward yourself for your hard work :eek:)

You can always move up a step in the diet programmes for a while, then move back down to SS when you feel more able to cope with it...a move up a step doesn't have to be permanent.

Good luck with your diet....hope you stay focussed :eek:)

I started SS 14 weeks ago at 1lb heavier than you and I remember feeling at about week 4 very similar to you.Although I had already lost quite a bit it did feel like I had a long way to go.
Igave myself the challenge of getting to Easter on SS,but if i couldn't I knew I could go up to 790.
Well I managed it and I'm still going.
In a few weeks your weight loss will get so much more noticeable and this has spurred me on.Also people start coming out with the you used to....comments and that spurred me on to.People say I'm like a new person.
I still feel I have a long way to go..only half way there..but probably only 2 stone off working up the plans so feel end is in sight.No other diet would have given me these results in 14 weeks...keep going and the weeks do start to fly by

Back