Am still struggling with what to do

Teddy67

Before Chrimbo I successfully lost 17lbs - which was just fab for me.

Since then I have been on and off the wagon so many times I can't count them.

Even though I would love to lose a lot more weight - I just can't get my head into gear long enough to succeed.

I can't even succeed on having clean PV days - and PP days now seem to be a non-starter. I end up not having the oatbran - and including fatty meats such as sausages and bacon! When have chicken I eat the skin, have reverted back to canned soups! - and have convinced self several times KFC chicken is an acceptable "protein" meal.... !!!

So what to do?

Am just desperate not to gain all the weight I have lost to date. Have put about 2lbs on but stay pretty stable around there.

Any thoughts on whether giving up on pretending to do PP/PV days would be a good idea - and I move to the next phase?...

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It is your decision...

Better to consolidate your weight then lose everything you worked for.

KFC is nooo nooo but I do understand temptation.

I'm sorry I can't help you more.

Teddy, I don't have any Dukan theory advice to give you. I'm too new to this and i'm sure others will br along with great options. Just want to say I'm totally impressed with you sticking and staying with this for 5 months. And loosing 17 lbs! Don't loose sight of that! It's so easy to find fault with ourselves. Sends me into a morass and I focus on what I've yet to accomplish rather than what I already have.

And I admire your honest in this post. I've been there. And I dare say so have most on here. I'm not sure I would have had the courage to post so brilliantly as you though. Asking for advice, openly discussing your mind's lovely cunningness (kfc as a pp choice is brilliant, I can hear it in the back of my mind being stored up, in a most authoritative attorney tone already to be whispered into my hungry ear) is just such a wonderful thing.

You've encouraged me to in the future, know here will be the place to seek assistance instead of just jumping back into my old habits feeling alone and hopeless.

Know you will receive similar encouragement from others here.

Teddy, I do feel for you because I went through the same after Christmas. I had been on the diet since April and took two weeks off at Christmas and gained over half a stone!

It was very very hard to get back on the wagon but after the third day or so it was much easier and definitely worth it.

Sometimes watching my husband eat crisps, pizza or anything that drives me mad, I eat my Dunkan food and he usually finishes before I'm done (that may give you a clue to the quantity I have during a time like that :D).

I say to myself that I am enjoying what I'm eating and if I had the crisps they would be finished in an instant and as they say skinny feels better than what crisps, pizza, KFC etc.. would have tasted.:)

Just a little warning to add..
I've been in your situation too 3 years ago.
I decided to go into consolidation early but I was depressed and completely forgot:
- the one PP day a week
- the oat bran
and all my meals were "celebratory" and consisted mostly of chocolate, ice creams, chips and other JUNK....

And I gained all the weight back!

I will not let this happen to me again.

Teddy really really feel for you as I am perhaps the worlds worst yo yo dieter and have been in your position many a time. I know that on the very odd occasion I have strayed from Dukan the cravings I have had getting back on the wagon have been agonising and many a time I have been in tears because I am soooo desperate for sugar/carbs. However it is true to say that they have passed after about three or four days , which doesn't mean I never feel like biting into a pizza but not in the way I do after I have had a bit of sugar!!! The main thing I think is that you WANT to stick to a healthy eating plan and you know Dukan works for you!!! I would give it another go - get your brain in gear first and really give it a concerted effort. If in the middle of a PP day you feel your gonna break it, simply make it a PV day. Also if you like the muffins make a good batch and have them to hand and maybe exceed the limit of oat bran rather than going for KFC or similar. Just a few thoughts. If you really can't bear it then maybe it is best to go onto the next phase and try and consolidate - but you will still need discipline to do that soooooo??? Good luck Teddy - you have done soooooo well so far. It is all achievable ! x

Teddy you know what you should be doing... Are you serious? About losing weight, about stopping giving excuses....it's not easy but it's worth it: YOU are worth it!

Note to self: Kfc is not Dukan friendly!

Hi Teddy,

Reading your entry made me think of all the advice I've been given-if only I could absorb it myself!! Anyway, I hope it helps :)

Make a meal plan and do a shop on a full tummy

Write a list of all the reasons you are doing this-health issues, confidence etc and pop it on the fridge

Try to rope your husband in as much as you can-tell him it will be temporary until you sort your head out and move into the final stages

Stick up 'fat' pics and 'after' pics of yourself on your kitchen cupboards to remind you where you want to be in the not too distant future

Remember just how flexible this diet is and experiment with recipes as much as you can -tick off successes and disasters(!) and write your own little recipe book

And finally,

Own the diet, don't let it own you. Pride yourself in that feeling of strength and determination. Don't give yourself any excuses and most of all, keep writing it all down :)

You are doing it!

Sx

They've said it all, Teddy... many of us had trouble getting back in the saddle after the Christmas excesses, and the only way I know how is to revert to day 1 mentality (with menus planned, food preprepared so that there is no room for deviation).

Your post made me smile, and made a lot of sense to many of us I'm sure...

Keeping the "conso option" in your mind is possibly also making it harder for you to stick to cruise. I see your target is to lose another 2 stone. Why not look at losing 7lbs and see how you feel then.

So menus for this week please! Post everything! Buy nothing non Dukan (your family will still love you!!) :D

Many many thanks guys - all your positive posts are giving me the strength to re-evaluate my situation.

But as usual I have a block right in front of me - valentines day - we are really short on finances and things have been tight for a long time now so at the weekend we took up one of the supermarket meal deal offers, as a cheaper option to going out - "lamb shank and roasted veggies, chocolate pudding, bottle prosecco" - so nothing in that menu is Dukan Friendly.

That was primarily why I was thinking of jumping to conso and having this as my "celebration" meal.

Instead I know that in my heart of hearts I really must get back on track and lose some more weight before I am going to be really happy with myself again.

So today a Dukan PV - tomorrow another PV bar tea - then a proper fresh start Weds onwards...

Have also got my first job interview in 12 years Thursday, after over a year of being as good as unemployed (been working 10hrs a week) - and I know from past experience that I can go into a completed spiral of nerves, without being able to eat anything - but desperately needing to to help settle the nerves - so I might need to resort to some non-Dukan just to get me through....

AND it is likely to be TOTM this week too - when for at least a day I will be writhing in extreme pain :-( - but after that things settle and rest of time goes smoothly.

But will wait and see - I will prepare some Dukan muffins for Weds eve/Thurs morn when nerves are likely to be highest - and try and at least get them down.

So here goes - a half-baked plan I know. Normally with such a week ahead I would say - start next Monday - but am sure with a bit of planning I will at least manage to limit any potential damage.

Ted

You know what impressed me the most, in your original post? The fact that you've only gained 2lbs in all this time of turmoil. You obviously have exerted enormous will-power - I suspect your idea of failure is, not sticking to the plan 100%. No way is all, or even anything, lost for you! You know how to do this and are obviously really good at it, so keep at it! It will do your self-esteem no end of good, and that's as likely to get you that job as anything. Good luck with the interview - despite the focus of this website, there are more important things in life (and I don't mean that weight loss needs to take on great importance if it is to be achieved, just that sometimes other things need to take precedence). If you get back to work, who knows how your eating habits might change for the better!

I too was struggling after xmas... having a few good days then blowing it ... nibbling on crackers & cheese defrosting hot cross buns and putting thick butter on them while they were hot. I just couldnt get back to how focussed i was and trudy kept laughing at me being bad :p so I sts one week and lost a lb last week... i have a friends wedding in under 4 weeks and wanted to be as damn near target as i could for it so went back and read my diary from the start to see how motivated i was and its given me a good shake up . Ive now been totally carb free for 6 days I think (its like an AA meeting hehe) and im feeling back in the zone... i even refused my favourate bacon rashers crisps last night and i see hubby has left them in full view this morning but I WILL NOT CRACK :D

go back read your diary and see how you felt when you were losing ...it really does motivate you to start again and keep to it x

Such thanks to everyone. Made it through yesterday - not clean but not at all bad. Over last 2-3 days of trying harder have shifted the 2lb weight gain - though am mindful this could also be my monthly "drop" just prior to TOTM.

Am keeping strong thanks to all your wonderful support.

Muffins are in the oven - to make a change from my usual oatbran in yoghurt.

Happy Valentines Day to you all - with a big hug from a grateful Ted x

Well plan to start afresh after Valentines Day didn't happen...

... One day I know I will make it... Until then I will just have to keep coming here for inspiration - am confident I will get back on track - I just need to find the willpower to do it.

Am so fed up with self - but can't seem to make the move

Let's keep each other company then shall we :)... We might just manage to get back on track soon.

So far today have had yoghurt with bran, chicken and leek soup (homemade) and two rhubarb muffins - first time made them. Not sure can stop self eating whole batch (4) though...

Tea tonight not ideal as bratwurst with roasted veg.

Back