Amanda's Food Diary - Attempting to get back to target.

geordie_lass21

Silver Member
Thought I would start a food diary as I havent got long left of this pregnancy and would really like to lose weight once I have had the baby. With my first I didnt lose anything at all in the first 5.5 months (despite breastfeeding) and i think this is because I craved sugar and energy. Am not under any illusions that it wont be hard! I expect I probably put weight on in the first few months and then lost it as my daughter took more milk and I exercised more (pushing the pram up the hill home etc).

Thought I would start now though as I really wanted my pregnancy weight gain to be no more that 35lbs (and its currently 34.5 with 2 weeks to go)! I weigh in on a Friday.

Goal wise -want to get back to target by Christmas (will have to see how many pounds that is once I have the baby). Will post what I have had at the end of each day (and the syns).

So my first day of starting my diary and i have had the following:

Breakfast – kiwi, strawberries, sasuma, grapes and a muller light coconut greek yoghurt (0.5 syns)
2 high fi light bars (rocky road flavour) HEB

Lunch
– 100g pasta with half tub of the spicy red pepper and chilli low low (HEA) with broccoli, cauliflower and peas. Delicious!
Followed by: 2 slices of wholemeal bread (HEB) and 20g peanut butter (brand i used equates to 6 syns)

Snack
– Half a bar of galaxy (6 syns). If you know me this is very impressive to only eat half! Thats because I made trifle for tonights tea and I know I had gone over 15 syns.

Dinner
– Veggie Mousakka (Classing Cheese as HEA) with salad.
Followed by Slimming World trifle (3.5 syns)

Total – 16 Syns

Now tomorrow wont be as easy because hubby is working from home and we are going out for lunch to the garden centre (they do very nice cake there and lunches are always delicious)!!

So day 2 - and it started well saying i know I was going out for lunch

Breakfast
– kiwi, strawberries, apple, grapes, peach and a small banana and a muller light coconut greek yoghurt (0.5 syns)
2 high fi light bars (rocky road flavour) HEB

Lunch
Ate out - Roast Beef, vegetables and 3 roast potatoes, yorkshire pudding (large one) and gravy. It wasnt a generous portion so am going to estimate 15 syns for the lot. Desert though was a chocolate and raspberry cheesecake which was delicious (am going to guess 25 syns). Not a great day really!

Snack
6 ryvita wholemeal crackerbreads (HEB) and spicy red pepper and chilli low low (HEA)

Dinner
Veggie Mousakka (Classing Cheese as HEA) with salad.
Followed by Slimming World trifle (3.5 syns)

Total – 44 Syns

Am totally stuffed now though but think thats mainly because my stomach is squished with the baby haha

So todays Wednesday and I thought I did quite well really :)

Breakfast
2 slices of wholemeal toast (weighed and 62gs despite a 800g loaf) - HEB
Banana
1 tsp (5g) low fat marg (1 syn)
fruit salad (grapes, kiwi, peach and strawberries)

snack
half tub of low low (HEA)
6 ryvitta crackerbreads wholemeal (HEB)

lunch
2 linda mccartney red onion and rosemary sausages
mash potato made with quark
baked beans

stawberries and grapes and a muller light coconut greek yoghurt (0.5)

snack
banana split - going to guess this was 13 syns (the ice cream was 3 small scoops and apparently a 60g scoop is 5 syns. Well there is no way there was 180g ice cream there. there was 2 bananas and some toffee sauce. that was my main naughty of the day so happy with that.

snack
30g cheddar cheese (HEA)
handful of grapes (only about 8 or so)

dinner
chilli con carne (home made with onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, corgette,carrots, extra lean mince and kidney beans. served with rice. :)

looking at all that it looks a lot doesnt it.... but i was hungry (in fact i ate my dinner before my hubby got home)!

yesterday i was so bad there is no point even writing it all down.... havent done all the syns properly as most of them are guesses anyway.

breakfast -
banana sandwich (HEB) - 0;5 syns for v thin spread of flora extra light
2 highfi light bars (HEB)

snack -
fruit salad and muller light coconut greek yoghurt (0.5)
1.5 galaxy bars (18.5 syns)

lunch -
roast pork (lean), 3 roast potatoes (??), boiled new potatoes, apple sauce (??), stuffing (??) and gravy (??)+ cauli and cabbage
large rocky road (probs about 25 syns)

Snacks
a few wotsits (?), half a flapjack (3.5), 2 mini cupcakes (5)

Dinner
fish chips and mushy peas and tomato + ketchup (1)

weigh in today, so obviously am over my target weight gain :-(

Well today was weigh in – and i put on a pound. Am a bit gutted as they say most woman lose weight in the last 3 weeks of pregnancy. I have gained half a stone in the last 2 (and i think i have been quite good!) OK i was bad yesterday but to be honest i weigh every day anyway and actually this morning was my best weight at home anyway.

I have a new plan for the rest of my pregnancy and once i breast feeding. Am going to have 2 lunches – the problem is i am starving by 12 (for lunch) and then normally wait til hubby is home and our daughter is in bed before we start tea (which although might be a quick tea means we don’t tend to eat til 7.30 if not later!)

Breakfast – 2 weetabix (HEB) and Skimmed Milk (HEA)

Lunch 1 - Slimming World chips and Low Low red pepper and chilli (HEA)
kiwi, banana

Lunch 2 - Pasta, half onion, pepper, mushrooms, passata, basil and quark.
few strawberries

Dinner – Salmon served with fennel & cherry toms, mini roast potatoes, broccoli and carrots.

Snacks - 44g Crunchie Nut clusters with chocolate (these were gorgeous and i had them as an alternative to a chocolate bar snack). 10 syns
Hifi Light bar & a Alpen Light bar – HEB
2 finger kitkat (5.5 syns)

tomorrow might be harder - my sis is coming up so we are going to go for a curry. :)

I didnt post Saturdays food diary (am not going to either as i didn’t write it all day and I lost count of the number of syns i had! I was suffering insomnia and had been awake since 4am (which would have been manageable had i not been awake since 2.30 the day before).

Yesterdays naughties included chocolate cupcake, bar of dairy milk, 4 mini Indian snacks,2.5 popodums, mango chutney and half a ww nann. The main food was all SW though including the curry so least it wasn’t takeaway curry.

So todays a new day –
Breakfast – 2 weetabix (HEB) with Skimmed Milk (HEA)

Lunch – 2 quorn fillets (those sticky chilli and lime flavour) with mini roasties, broccoli and carrots + 1tbs tomato sauce (1 syn). Followed by large fruit salad and 2 mini meringues (2 syns). Then 2 hifi light rocky roads (HEB)

Snack – 30g cheddar cheese (HEA) with some grapes.

Dinner – Stir Fry Veg (green pepper, onions, garlic, mushrooms) with Beef and a Black Bean Sauce. (3 syns) Served with noodles. Pineapple and Mullerlight coconut (0.5)

Am having twinges now so am hoping this means something so fingers crossed i wont be posting tomorrows diary lol.

So not posted for a bit as I was right – I had went to the hospital at 4am and had my son at 5.21!

Monday – Ate terribly, biscuits, chocolate brownie, sandwiches, and repulsive microwaved hospital food.

Tuesday – Still in hospital, I know its the NHS but seriously you think they would promote healthy eating. Breakfast was literally white bread or cereal (no fruit on offer, warm milk and not even decaf coffee which is unusually in the maternity ward where breastfeeding is encouraged)! Lunch was tuna salad (awful) and strawberry ice cream (OK). Oh and I had a chocolate tiffin as well from costa coffee. Dinner we were home so hubby made Beef Casserole from the freezer (with Veg and Potatoes).

Wednesday – Breakfast: 2 weetabix (HEB), Skimmed Milk (HEA), Large fruit salad and mullerlight coconut (0.5)
Lunch – Hot Smoked Salmon, Pasta, Courgette, Pepper, Mushrooms, Single Cream Elmlea (1) , Fruit Salad
Dinner – Chilli Con Carne and Rice
Total – 1.5

Thursday – Breakfast: 2 weetabix (HEB), Skimmed Milk (HEA), Large fruit salad and mullerlight coconut (0.5)
Lunch – Cooked Breakfast (fried egg, 2 ww sausages (1), 2 bacon, sw chips, tinned tomatoes and mushrooms).
Dinner – Salmon, Roasted Veg (aubergine, courgette, red and green peppers), aldi lemon couscous (0.5), Dairy Milk (10.5)
Snack - 2 Hi Fi Light Bars (HEB)
Total – 12.5

So today was my first weigh in following the birth and I lost 15lbs. Am quite pleased as Daniel was 8lb 9oz and I had worked quite hard on Tues- Thurs :)

Friday’s food diary
Lunch – 2 WW Sausages (1), 2x Bacon, Fried Egg, Potato slices, Tinned tomatoes, mushrooms. Large fruit salad.
Snack – 6 Ryvita crackerbreads (HEB), 1/2 tub of Low Low cheese (HEA)
Dinner – Home made Cottage Pie and Veg (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots), Cadburys Dairy Milk (10.5)

Total = 11.5

Saturday was my baby blues day and I think I did quite well considering. I have had a stomach ache since Friday afternoon (not sure of the cause, the midwife said either a womb infection or constipation and although I am constipated I have actually been).

Breakfast – 2 weetabix (HEB) and Skimmed Milk (HEA) Followed by Large Fruit Salad (banana, grapes, kiwi, satsuma and strawberries)
Snack – 2 Hifi light bars (rocky road) – (HEB)
Snack (I knew lunch would be late) – Large fruit salad (apple, grapes, peach, strawberries)
Lunch – Pasta, Tuna, tomatoes, peas and small bit of cheese (HEA)
Snack – Skinny Decaf Latte (HEA), large bite of cake (with butter icing) - 5
Dinner – SW Chips, Fish, Mushy peas, Ketchup (1)
Cadburys Dairy Milk (10.5)

Total = 16.5

Today, Sunday has been my mum and sister visiting so we made lunch. My stomach is still hurting but more in the afternoon and am wondering if its to do with an infection or if maybe the amount of hifi bars I been eating. If you look at the ingredients most of them I havent heard of!) Or it could be hunger because I am breast feeding but I have increased my HEA and HEB so shouldn’t be that.

Breakfast – 2 weetabix (HEB) and Skimmed Milk (HEA) Followed by Large Fruit Salad (peach, grapes, kiwi and strawberries) and mullerlight coconut (0.5)

Snack – 2 Hifi light bars (rocky road) – (HEB)

Lunch – Roast chicken (no skin), roast potato (SW style).carrots, broccoli, cauli, gravy (2), aunt Bessie Yorkshire (2.5) SW Trifle (4)
Snack – Decorated Rich Tea Biscuit (4.5)

Dinner – Chilli con carne and Rice, banana, apple, grapes and 30g cheese (HEA)

Total = 13.5

Congratulations on the birth of yr son!! :) and yr loss sounds amazing! Xx

Thanks, I have only just started - the first 15 pounds was mainly him and standard pregnancy stuff (plus i was trying when i got out the hospital). Am hoping that I get a good loss on Friday though but guess we will see.

Monday's diary
Today my tummy is still hurting a fair bit but seems ok now with the paracetamol in me! Doctor wants to check me for a UTI (i honestly don’t think its that but we shall see) but thinks it might be just pains following the birth which is more common on a second. On a plus side if my uterus is contracting so much that it hurts then maybe my stomach will go back to normal relatively quickly haha.
So today –
Breakfast: 2 weetabix (HEB) and Skimmed Milk (HEA)
Snack (11.30) – banana, Satsuma, grapes and strawberries.
Lunch – Jacket Potato with Chilli and Cheese (from Costco) – Guessing Chilli – 5 and Cheese – 2xHEA
Snack – 2 Hifi Light Rocky Road bars (HEB)
Dinner – We were going to have wholemeal pasta with tomatoes, mushrooms and peppers but hubby went to check the freezer to see if we have any chicken breasts and found that it wasn’t even on!! The plug socket has stopped working so its now back on – and the bottom shelf seems to be a bit defrosted (as in we cant put it back in the freezer).

Therefore we had to have salmon with fennel, with broccoli, carrots and roasted potatoes – and a tbs of ketchup (1). Have to have it first as its defrosted properly. Most of the rest has been rescued though although we will be having to do some cooking tomorrow!
Followed by Cadburys Dairy Milk (10.5)
Total – 16.5

Hello

Tuesdays food diary – hubby wanted to go out for lunch. He only has 3 weeks paternity and wants to make the opportunity where he can. Started the day late as needed to run first child to nursery, was in a mad rush and didn’t even have chance to grab a banana til 9.30! I can understand how people eat rubbish as a quick energy hit as they have skipped normal meals and need the energy instant.
Breakfast – Banana, followed by 2 weetabix (HEB) and skimmed milk (HEA). Fruit Salad (kiwi, apple, peach, grapes and strawberries and a coconut mullerlight (0.5)

Lunch – ironically it was only 90 mins after my breakfast. We went to the garden centre and where they do a meal deal (starter and desert for £10) and one of the roasts (beef and Yorkshire pud costs £9). I opted for the cheaper roast although in all honestly I fancied the beef – I went for roast gammon with the smallest piece of pineapple (1 Syn) and boiled potatoes, 2 tiny roast potatoes (2 syns) and vegetables (at least a third of my plate as I was still hungry so asked them to load it up haha). I also had some gravy (only on the veg) so will say 1.5 syns). As hubby was tucking into his cheesecake I had 2 hifi rocky road bars – Yes, I like them but I liked the look of his cheesecake more haha)

Snack - SW Wedges and 1/2 tub of the spicy low low. Delicious!

Dinner – as the freezer had started defrosting with the electrical fault that we have we cooked up a lamb and chicken tomato based casserole (with carrots, onions, mushrooms and peppers). I had it with rice.

Total – 5 syns

Wednesdays food diary –

Well we had the in-laws here for lunch. Unlike when my mum came and we made a sw trifle I decided as there were 6 of us to go for a shop bought cheesecake (I checked the calories and opted for a one that was 240 calories per portion – I think it was worth the 12 syns).

Breakfast – 2 Weetabix (HEB) and Skimmed Milk (HEA)

Lunch – Cottage Pie (although am not sure what mince it was but it definitely wasn’t beef haha). It might of been lamb or pork (or as we used to different pieces of meat it could of been half pork and half lamb). Anyway if its pork it would have been extra lean as I know I got the extra lean stuff when I make a lasagne. If its lamb it wont be as they don’t sell it anywhere – so am saying it was pork! It had onions, mushrooms, courgette and carrots in it. Mash was made slimming world way with just a bit of skimmed milk. We had it with Carrots, Cauli and Broccoli.
Desert was the cheesecake (12 syns) with a bit of squirty cream (1.5 syns) and a few strawberries.

Snack – Hi Fi Chocolate. (HEB)

Dinner – Fish, Chips and Steamed Veg (Birdseye) and 1 tbs tomato ketchup (1syn). Strawberries, Peach and grapes.

Total = 14.5

I do hope my weight loss is good this week as I been trying really hard – but yesterday hubby didn’t eat anything for tea as he was still stuffed from the lunch (and he didn’t have the cheesy chips either) and today he hasn’t had any tea (as again lunch was big and he didn’t have the hifi bar either).

Quick post as am tired today (I did so much walking with the pram earlier – to everyone else it probs isn’t much but since pregnancy its the first time i been out and about walking at pace lol), Daniel slept a bit too much so worried we might have a bad night so going to bed soon.

Thursdays food diary.
Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HEB), skimmed milk (HEA)
Snack (11am) – apple, few grapes and strawberries

Lunch – Wholemeal Pasta with tinned tomatoes, broccoli and red pepper. ELF Philli (1/6 of tub – 2 syns). Small amount of parmesan (1 syn).

Snack in town – 2 Alpen Light cherry bakewells (HEB) and Skinny Decaf Latte (HEA)
Snack when Home – Banana and Mullerlight Coconut (0.5 syns)

Dinner – Steak, SW Wedges, Tomato, Mushrooms, Broccoli and Carrots. 1/2 tbs Olive Oil (for steak) – 3 syns

Total – 6.5 Syns

First weigh in following the birth (well not including the inital one that is) and I lost 5.5lbs – and got slimmer of the week. Never got it before when I lost weight as didn’t have loads to lose and I think once I lost 3lbs but someone else lost loads! Haha

Anyway today I have found Daniel quite hard work – he has basically not been asleep much from 11am til 5pm (but was shattered – so fed constantly for comfort and hasn’t been very settled. He would fall asleep but wake when i tried to put him down...

So I needed sugar to boost my energy so below is Fridays diary.

Breakfast – Large fruit salad, Hifi Light and Alpen Light (HEB)

Lunch- Pasta, tomatoes, broccoli, mushrooms, pepper and small amount of parmesan cheese (1.5 syns)

Snack 1 – 2 slices of wholemeal bread (60g) – HEB with 2 hard boiled eggs and 2 tbs of morrisons light mayo (3 syns).
Snack 2 – 3 Ryvitta Crackerbread (1/2 HEB) and 1/4 tub low low (1/2 HEA)
Snack 3 – DairyMilk 10.5 syns

Dinner – Chicken Tikka, Wedges, Salad and Yoghurt with mint

Total – 15 syns

Saturday I had my midwife appointment and it wasn’t great – Daniel only put on 3oz and they aren’t that happy. Plus he isn’t pooing enough (so they aren’t happy about that either). So syn wise I went completely over. Felt bit bad but to be honest I could of had way more chocolate than I did have so trying not to feel too bad!

Snack (11am ish) – 3 Ryvitta Crackerbreads (1/2 HEB) and 1/4 tub of Low Low (1/2 HEA) plus some fruit (apple, peach, grapes and strawberries)

Lunch (1 ish) – chicken, roast pots (fry light ones), broccoli and carrots with weak gravy (1 syn)
Lemon cheesecake mullerlight (1 syn)

Snack – hifi light (1/2 HEB) and 4 thorntons chocolates (13.5 syns) and Cadburys dairy milk (10.5 syns)
Dinner – Veggie Mousakka made with feta (HEA) and salad.
Total – 26 syns

Just wanted to say how well ur doing l would have never have dreamt of being so good after the births of my daughters. Hows ur belly? Sounds like ur womb contracting back to its normal size l found it really sore & worse during breastfeeding. Well done & keep up the good work :)

Thanks. My belly is bit wobbly. Womb has gone down now (she said that at the check today). I can wear my pre pregnacare jeans tho :)

SW gives me a distraction from.the colic

Back