AMAZING smoked mackerel pate

cat yoyo greaves

Gold Member
:):):) SMOKED MACKEREL PATE:):):)

wow all i can say is amazing

i got a pack of plain smoked mackerel from asda synned it up and its 1 syn for the whole 285g pack

skinned and flaked it and removed any bones

chucked it in my blender with 1 tbsp hot horseradish(1 syn) 3 heaped tbsp low fat (syn free) fromage frais juice of half a lemon blitzed with a little salt and pepper to taste then blitzed in a few chopped chives

it makes loads and is extremely moorish:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

2 syns for the lot and i recon a quarter of it 1/2 a syn would generously load at least 4 ryvita sized crackers

cannot wait to have some tomorrow im having 6 wholemeal crackerbreads with 1/2 syn of my lovely pate:D:D:D

this would be fab to show off at dinner parties and make a fab starter for 8-10 people simple and tasty:):):)

i want some now but used all my syns for the day munching it earlier on crackerbreads :(:(:(

Wow I'm gonna try this recipe thanks! I thought smoked mackeral was really high in syns but I love it.

Latest book says 100g smoked mackerel is 2 syns.

yep just double checked the smoked mackerel strips 100g pack is 1/2 syn at asda on red or ee and the pack i got 1 syn on red or ee

i always go off the actual packaging when it comes to synning stuff up where i can because different brands of the same products can differ sooooo much in their syn value peppered mackerel fillets are 3 syns if i put in unbranded smoked mackerel it is 100g for 2 syns but the asda one is 1 i know which one im going with lol

If I make this tonight will it last until tomorrow lunchtime? How long would you keep it max?

i keep it 2-3 days if it lasts that long as i tend to bugger up all my meal planning and eat the lot in a few sittings in one day but oily fish is good for you lol

Just made this tonight ready for lunch tomorrow and omg! Soooo lush thanks for the idea :)

Just made this tonight ready for lunch tomorrow and omg! Soooo lush thanks for the idea :)
glad you like it ive just had some for brekkie with crackerbreads (6 wholemeal ones are a hex b) mmmmmm tasty im obsessed with it made tons in the last week cheap and tasty and would be awesome for dinner parties as a canape or starter or even as a dip with crudites

I'm bumping this because its amazing :) made it loads and every time love it. About to make another batch :)

Back