Amazing tips and tricks

blue_grapefruit

Gold Member
Right, having started CD a few times and planning a restart on thurs - i thought it would be a good idea o get everyone to post their best tips and tricks in one place. Hopefully this will eventually get made to a sticky for all newbies :)

My best tip:

**using 1/3 of a choc tetra with black coffee to make a mocha**

Hi Leah, nice to see you back.

Tip:- use the vanilla shake with some coffee to make a latte
Freeze the choc tetra, makes lovely ice cream

put all thoughts of 'normal' food out of your head for the first 5 days, this has been the key to me finally getting beyond day 6!!!!

:tear_drop::tear_drop:

water, water oh and did I mention the water

MAKE MILK SHAKES WITH 1/4PT ISH COLD WATER AND 4/5 ICE CUBES YOU NEED A GOOD BLENDER TO CRUSH ICE BUT MAKES LOVELY THICK SHAKE :gimi:I DONT LIKE TASTE OF SHAKES WITHOUT ICE
AND TODAY I DISCOVERED PSYLLIUM HUSKS TO MAKE A PORRIDGE VANILLA SHAKE 200/250 ML HOT WATER 2 TEASPOONS OF HUSKS MIX WELL VERY FILLING
BOTH OF THESE HAVE COME FROM OTHER CD'ERS SO CAN I THANK THEM FOR MAKING MY CD JOURNEY EASIER XXX MANDY

Ice cream .... very filling. Crush ice cubes in a food processor or with a coffee grinder until in tiny particles, add shake, a couple of tablespoons of water and wizz in the food processor - viola a big bowl of ice cream. Flavours you don't like as shakes make a lovely ice cream.

Split your packs to have 6/8 smaller meals instead of 3/4 and spread them out evenly throughout the day so you are only ever a couple of hours from a meal! Works wonders for getting the head around this crazy diet and the whole no eating thing!

buy an ice crusher (got mine in argos), it makes all the difference to the shakes. They are actually NICE :) when whizzed up with crushed ice and some water x

put your bars in the freezer about an hour before eating - they are far more chewy and take a lot longer to eat. Also, you can cut your bars up into tiny slices and put them on a plate in the freezer to make little individual chocs!

Realise that life doesn't have to revolve around food and that actually you can still have a good time without it

Gx

oooh, fab tips xxx

A long bubbly bath with a good book and a champagne glass full of sparkling water - by the time you're wrinkly you'll have forgotten about food and, if not, start on your nails! :princess:

That's what I do too Clairelesley :)

I also have a clothes fund. Every time I'm really tempted but manage to resist, I put a pound in my clothes fund. So when I get to goal I can go on a spending spree for some nice clothes :D

Only problem is I just spent it all and more yesterday on new stuff and I'm only halfway there, lol! Anyway it doesn't matter, it helps to keep me going and that's all that counts :bliss:

I love these tips, they're great.

I'd say, do some housework, takes your mind off it, I got really stuck in the other day and forgot lunch, I then had a double choc shake, it was huge and took ages to drink. Also have a peep in clothes catalogues, think how nice the clothes will look after. I think about how many shops I'll be able to shop in when I'm down a bit more, goodbye evans and anne harvey hee hee

Hey All

Ive got 2 tips

If you cut the toffee bars up into pieces and put them in microwave for 30 seconds they taste a bit like gooey toffee biscuits!

Also if you crush lots of ice and add the recommend amount of water flavouring to it with water its a bit like a slush puppy!! ( remember those)))

Thanks for other tips!!

Im only on day 3 so going to try some of the other tips the further on i get

Lou x

I used to do all the 'fat' photos on the fridge etc but now i have my screensaver at work showing a photo of me at my slimmest (Aug this year :( ) I'm now a stone heavier and find it much more motivating looking at that than my 'fat photo'. I will get that stone off :) and so far I haven't touched any of the work biscuits or cakes!! I'm going with it while it lasts x :)

These are all great. Think im going to find a blender/ice crusher on tinterweb RIGHT NOW! xxx

add more add more!!

Back