Amber - Slim and Save Diary

Amber Star

Hi everyone!

Seems like a lovely site with lovely people here. Thought I'd say hello. This is my first proper diet. I've lost a few pouns using calorie control but this is an extreme version but I need to go down 2 stone. I'm currently 10st 10lb and to many that may not be too overweight but I've found that my joints are aching a lot more with the strain of excess weight and my body in general is slower (not old age as I'm still young!) and my self esteem has taken a knocking. I don't want to cover up this summer when everyone is wearing gorgeous sleeveless tops, I don't want to pretend it's my TOTM when friends asks to go swimming (thankfully, they only ask a couple of times a year), and I don't want to stop myself going out thinking I have nothing to wear (or nothing that makes me look skinny enough). This is why I'm here and I'm ready to do this. I need my life back and I'm here to fight for it.

The above paragraph was a little dramatic eh?!!! In all honestly, I am really petrified. So many emotions going through me on my first day (today). Can I really live off 4 packs a day? Well, I certainly intend to give it my absolute best shot so thanks for coming along for the journey :eek:

I am 5 foot 4, 10st 10lb and wear a size 12/14 wanting to get to reach 8st4lb (may be too skinny so I'll stop once I'm a size 8)

Thanks for reading. Wishing you all luck with your own journeys :bighug:

Last edited:
Thought I'd share some of my goals on here:
- Get into size 12 jeans comfortably (by end of May), then size 10 jeans (by end of June) and finally size 8 jeans by the end of July
- Do 10 minutes of resitance exercises per day using my band and weights
- Walk at least 20 minutes briskly, 3 times per week (and slowly increase to 1 hour 3 to 4 times per week by mid June) to prepare for my Race for Life run/walk in July
- Drink 3 litres of water a day on top of broth, tea, and fizzy drinks
- Say yes to at least 2 non-food nights out with friends and family per month (even if I don't wanna go!)
- Say my positive affirmations every day to help keep my focus (I really want this)

These are just a few of my goals :eek: and I really hope that I'm strong enough to achieve them. It will be awesome when I do and I keep seeing myself in those size 8 jeans hanging in my wardrobe just waiting for me to slip into them! :D

I'm sure you will be able to achieve your goals. Good luck on your journey.

welcome welcome!!!!

im sure you will be fine xx

Ok. I've had 4 packs today. I have had a handful of savoy cabbage steamed as my veg portion. I've also had 200 ml semi skimmed milk (used a little to make the porridge). For breakfast I had sweet porridge (the new one I believe) which I liked a lot. I've tried many of my friends packs from when she did it and the old porridge was not for me but this one is lovely. Bit shocked at the name because it's not really that sweet - and I don't have a major sweet tooth! Snack was a choc vanilla bar which is nice. Kind of reminds me of milky way. For lunch I had the chilli which I adored and for dinner I had the Macaroni Cheese (YUMILICIOUS). Really nice and made me feel full. Managed to drink almost 3 litres of water but not quite. I'm still up until late so hopefully I'll get there. Not going to force myself as thats not good. I've used the milk for cups of tea and splash for the porridge but I have drunk a lot of cups, way more than I would normally have but it keeps me full.

I don't know if it's psychological but I feel like I "should" eat. Hmmm, how strange. Of course I won't but it's interesting to see how deeply embedded into my subconcios my food programming is. Yikes!

I've just downloaded the minimins app for my iPad. Have a sneaky suspicion that il be on this fab forum for hours a day. Teehee

:( I'm so embarrassed to say that I failed. I just ate a whole load of foods and feel so bad. I feel so embarrassed but needed to come and tell you all :(

I'm going to try again from tomorrow Monday 14th May.

I'll type out what I will be having so that I don't need to choose tomorrow

Breakfast: porridge with 1 tsp flaxmeal
Lunch: spicy spaghetti
Snack: choc bar
Dinner: macaroni cheese with broccoli or savoy cabbage
150ml milk

The worst thing is that I eat and feel crap so I'm not even enjoying my meals. Sorry to moan girlies but I need to just vent. I'm angry at myself and I have all these emotions going through me. I really want this so I promise I will try my absolute best tomorrow.

Xx

Right, I'm back again... It's been a few months and I just kind of gave up on everything. It's so sad. I've had some issues (excuses excuses, I know) and am hoping to get back on track soon. I will be purchasing some new packs next week but meanwhile I will be stalking everyone's diaries. If anyone reads this, please don't give up after a bad day as its so much harder coming back after a break.

Welcome back hun Xx

Welcome back and good luck with the re-start :) x x

I just ended up typing a post for my diary on someone elses diary but just learnt the art of editing posts. Minimins is hard and I thought I was a good with technology. Oh well, I'm sure I will be fine once I get to 100 posts!

Your doing just fine chick :) Xx the app is such fun

Spoke to a friend of a friend who did slim and save and lost a tonne of weight. Feeling better about starting as soon as possible.

Amber Star said:
Spoke to a friend of a friend who did slim and save and lost a tonne of weight. Feeling better about starting as soon as possible.

Good! Well done, hope to see youaround!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Bought my packs. I'm having an Olympics party on the 4th August so wish to start after that. I don't want to mess up so would rather lose the weight properly. Don't have any other parties after so nice few weeks of nothing will suit me good

Back