Amount of water..

Sarah0712

Hi all. Just wondering how much water is ok to mix with the shakes and soups, it says on bag at least 240ml but I have been using about a pint in each shake! Will this matter or affect anything from happening differently? Hope not! X

Hiya Hun I don't think it will affect anything. I've had all my shakes in a big pint mug since i started and I'm on week 20 now :)

xox

I can't drink them too thick so that bit extra helps plus like you said fills you up :)

I can confirm it does not matter how much water you have with the shakes, I found the more water I had and the thinner the shake gave a slightly bigger weight loss.

Oppps sorry , best explain ... I was on here last year and lost 5 stone very quickly ... back because I have put a stone and half back on ...

I always have a ton of water in my shakes and i think it is fine :)

i asked my pharmisist if i could add more water to the shakes and she said she didnt advise it because it was 240mls for a reason but after reading youre comments i think im gonna start adding more water to mine from now on, it doesnt seem to have done Mark any harm in the past!!

sure you need to drink atleast 2 liters of water a day min anyway so if you have a bit of water after a shake does that mess it up? I would love to know her logic behind that

In my opinion, as long as you get the content of three shakes or flapjacks in you somehow each day, it doesn't matter how it gets into you! You could even eat the powder with a spoon right out of the sachet if you wanted to, as long as it's going in you.

This isn't pharmaceutically (??) verified so don't listen to me.. but I don't see the relevance of how much or little water you add - the important stuff is still going into you either way!

Thats exactly what i thought but she seems to want to stick to everything by the letter!! she hasnt tried the diet herself and every week she keeps telling me that shes gonna start it this week but never does!! maybe if she had actually tried it herself she might be a bit keener to mix things up a bit and really push the boat out by watering down her own shakes!! ;) MEEEOOOOWWW!! LOL.

ooops I been using 200mls only thats what i thought it was ? lol no wonder its thick ( like me ) pmsl :)

^ :8855:Hahaha! Daisy maybe you better stick to what you're used to. They might taste all watery if you start adding more now, 10 weeks in! I've been using 250ml and I can only drink them very slowly through a straw. It takes me about 10-15 minutes just to drink one. I might try a thick one today to see if it tastes more like a Maccies shake. Wishful thinking :D

I make mine with 240-250 and then hold
My breath and down it, haa haa! I was drinking them with ice when I started, but gave that up!

While on the subject of how much water, has anyone tried less water and having the mousse. I haven't tried but wondered if it tastes nice.

Thanks ovolass. I think I'll give it a miss then and stick with the shake :)

I tried the chocolate one as a mousse the other night and loved it! Prefer to have it like that than a shake now, not tried strawberry though x

Back