Amounts of food

blonde8

I'm sorry to keep asking questions and I know it's down to the individual on when ur full but roughly how much of the following do you have at one time...
Crumpets
Petit pains
Wraps
Pittas
Pasta
Rice
Cous cous
Beans
Bagels
Cereals

Thank you xx

It does depend on what I am eating with the above but as a guideline I usually have between 60-75g of pasta (I have cut this down gradually over time, used to have 100g), rice tends to be 50-60g, potatoes 200-250g, 2 weetabix or 40-50g porridge oats, wraps, petit pains and crumpets would be two (though if I am having a crumpet as a snack it will often only be one), baked beans about 1/3 of a tin but other types of beans probably 1/2. These are all the portions I would have if serving with a reasonable portion of protein and lots of veg. If I am still hungry after these portions I will go back and have more though and not feel guilty.

Hope this is helpful but it really is very individual and I would say if you are thinking of cutting down on portion sizes I would do it very gradually. Having enough protein at each meal is also a good way of feel satisfied without large portions of carbohydrates.

Back