Amyloulou's Quest for Skinny mini status

Hi Im Amy and im going to my first meeting with my consult tomororow! Im going with a friend who did the diet before and had great results. I have picked cambridge for that reason and the fact that i commute into London for work so by the time i get home i can't be bothered to cook, so fingers crossed by always having a quick meal to hand i won't cheat and find the junk food.

I have been on a few diets over the last few years and i have lost weight but always put it back on (plus a few extra pounds in the form of chocolate!)

So now im determind to lose the weight ready for the summer and finally wear nice dresses rather than the usual circis tents and cardigans!

I have just over 2 stone to lose.

Reading all your diarys is really motivating and im hoping that by keeping my own it will motivate me to get to my goal.

So please feel free to comment on my diary and tell me off when im being naughty! Any adivse would more than welcomed.

Happy slimming everyone!

Amy :)

Hey Amy great choice with Cambridge it is the best diet i have ever done not cos i think its easy or anything but because the results are amazing!! Im sure you have read many posts that the first few days are the toughest once you get through them it really does get easier.. and keeping a diary on here is great cos everyone is amazing and so suportive i cud not be doing it without minimins =D Best advice is drink plenty of water it helps and hang in there because the all the good that will come from doing this totally out weighs the odd bad days you might have. Best of luck =D

I second what Yolande said! Welcome to CD and minimins where you'll find a ton of experience and support! 2 stone to lose - you will find it goes so quickly! Get through the first 2-4 days and you'll start to feel less hungry and have more energy. Drink the water! I'm convinced it flushes away not only our weight, but some of our sins as well. :)

The weekend is over!
So i meet with my Cambridge Consultant on friday, she was really lovely and went over everything so i started on Saturday Morning. I found it really hard starting over the weekend as on all other diets monday has been my start date. I made it through though and im ready for the next hurdle which will be the bank holiday weekend.

I am loving the porriadge it is really yummy.

Thanks you for your advice im sure i will be needing more as time goes on!

Im def starting to feel the effects, feeling a little bit weak but not too bad, just know that i need to power through! Im weighing in on Wednesday this week as Wednesday is going to be my normal day (i started friday due to not being around on the wednesday) so im determind to stay focused and hopefully have a mini loss on wednesday.

You can do it! You'll feel hungry and a bit odd for the first 3-5 days, until you go into ketosis. Then you should experience less hunger, a pickup in energy and a funny taste in your mouth. Sometimes people also feel quite cold (I've been feeling this quite a bit for the past couple of days).

Bring on Wed! :)

Good luck, it really is such a good diet and its worth all the hard work at the beginning! I lost just over 2 stone in 3 months when I first did it and that was over Christmas, I worked up the steps and it stayed off which was fantastic. Since Jan ive put half a stone back on which was totally my fault as I was ridiculously naughty due to many reasons but theyre just excuses at the end of the day.

I restarted on Monday of last week and got weighed today, ive lst 7lbs this week which Im really pleased with.

When I want to cheat I try to imagine whatever it is I want to eat/ or am about to eat (lol) like an hour later all cold and conjealed... this works great with cheesy things for example I imagine a cold ham and cheese panini all cold, conjealed and stale then suddenly I dont fancy eating it anymore! I know its abit gross but it helps me! I also think is that sandwich/bite of cake etc worth all the money ive spent on the products Ive had so far... again suddenly that sandwich isnt that appealling knowing its gonna cost me £50!!

Im keeping a diary too for the first time and have already found people to be so kind and supportive after only one day! xx

Thank you so much for all your wise words and advice, it is really helping me power through! I feel much better this afternoon so that has really made me want to keep going! Im off to my first weigh in wed pm, not expecting anything as i started on friday but if i can get past this 5 days i know that next week i have a whole week and i will hopefully see a few less pounds on the scales.

Thanks again ladies for your encouragement!

I think you'll be surprised at your weigh-in....you definitely can lose several pounds in just a few days, esp the first week! Glad to hear you're feeling better and good luck for tomorrow night! :)

Hiya
Hope the weigh in went well, Im sure you will of lost something!

I didn't weigh in last night :cry:my consultant was running late so weighinig in tonight instead. Taking a positive though as it means an extra day before weighing in!

i will let you know how i get on!

Thanks for checking in on me Emma3334, it makes it so much easier with the support.

Dont be silly, we all have to be there for each other.
Once again Good Luck and like you say an extra day can only be a good thing!

Im hoping the same as my weigh in is now tues rather than mon cos of the bank holiday x

Hello

Due to the bank holiday weekend i haven't even checked in for a while so here is a little update.

I had my first weigh in on thursday and managed to lose 9 pounds which was a shock to say the least.

I managed to get through the easter bank holidays fairly well, a small slip up in the form of a diet coke on sunday (i was at a birthday party)

I weigh in next on thursday so hopefully another loss will be on the cards but im going to get my hopes up too much as last week was such a big loss!

Thanks again for all your support and i will keep you posted.

xx

9lbs is fantastic! You should be very proud of yourself!
x

Great loss!!!! Well done! You must be soooo motivated for the next weigh-in! :)

Well i haven't checked in in a fair while as i had a bit of a nightmare two weeks which threw me off my diet. I weighed last night as my consultant was on holiday the week before and suprisingly i had lost 2 pounds, which is obviously lower than i would like but considering i fell off the wagon big time im over the moon that i didn't gain! So im back on track now and going to really push and try and stay on track. I have 4 weeks till my friends hen do and 8 weeks till her wedding so my aim is to lose as much as possible in these four weeks and then hopefully i can get the remaining pounds off in last four weeks (fingers crossed anyway!)

Thanks for your support coming on here really does help me!

Hi Everyone

So i weighed in yesterday and lost 3lbs which im really pleased with as it bring me to my first stone i only have 22 pounds to go now which seems do able in the time i have till i go to a wedding (7 weeks away) so its full steam ahead.

I hope everyone else is going well.

Back