Amy's Diet... Why so serious? :)

AmyDollBee

Hiiiiii :)

I started Dukan on 7th Jan as a New Year, New Me kinda thing. Gave away all chocolate and carb-related items and was really positive. Planned on a 6-day attack period, as Mr Dukan told me in his free true-weight email thing :) However, on the last night I was trying to pull an all-nighter to write some essays. There I was, 2am, in the library, and the hunger pangs started. I took out my Tesco Everyday value chicken, it didn't work. I decided to go to the vending machine for a coffee - alas! No cups. But staring at me out of the next machine... a packet of Mini Cheddars. Next thing, I had eaten them. I felt so guilty I caught a taxi straight home, and my next meal was an Attack-friendly portion of chicken with mild curry powder :) The guilt carried on however, so I put another Attack day in there.

Needn't have worried too much though, I lost 10lb in my first week :) I do however know, or suspect, that I did things wrong, and may still be doing things wrong, so I'm starting this diary for help. Not going to lie, I chose the Dukan diet because it's quite strict - on things like SW I felt there was too much that could go wrong, this doesn't seem that way. So I'm mega excited for the rest of the diet :)

This week, my first week of Cruise, I only lost a 1lb. I know that'll partly be water-retention and whatnot, and I don't think I actually drank enough water either. I dunno.

Also, exercise is an issue atm, because it's snowed, and I'm living slightly like a hermit due to exam revision. Once my exams out of the way on Wednesday and the snow goes though I'm going to be ON IT. :)

Sorry if I treat this a little bit too like an actual Diary... it's this or constantly be on the phone to my sister about it though :)

Welcome to Dukan and its your diary and you write what you feel and what you eat anything you want.....even to have a good twist about non Dukan topics.... Fantastic attack loss by the way,think we all have a small loss or sts on our first week of cruise so dont worry about that, and I agree about the rules of Dukan it keeps you on track, its easier to omit foods rather than having them in small qtys, good luck and keep posting Amy xxx:D

Thanks Sid :) I saw your welcome in the Welcome thread too, but I'm still getting used to how this forum works, and I literally only just saw it haha

Question for anyone reading this: Is Diet Coke unlimited? It's 0.5-1cal a can (says two different things on the can actually haha)... Only I bought some today, and I've already had 3 cans... I have a thing about fizzy drinks though. I love them! So I don't always buy them, but they were on offer in Morrison's and I wanted to try making the BBQ sauce with it :)

Today I ate:
B: Fat-Free Tesco Yoghurt, with 3 of my galette-pancakes (I split my galette mixture into about 6 smaller portions so I treat them like biscuits, kinda) today mixed with a bit of cinammon and sweetener.
L: Tesco Chicken Tikka pieces, A couple of slices of Turkey Ham, and 4x Crabsticks (The Chicken Tikka pieces are pre-packaged, and I think I'm going to give them up on Cruise phase if I can - I used them through Attack and still lost the 10lbs, but if they make a difference I'm getting rid!)
T: Mince in Low-Salt Gravy, with 4x Crabsticks after.
S: 1 Dukan Microwave biscuit, made with 1 tbsp Oat bran and ginger (my friend wanted to try the pancakes, so ate the other three I made today, but I wanted one of these anyway, they're delicious!)

I've also drank 3xDiet Cokes, 2xCups of Tea and about 1L of Water :)

And I chanced a walk to Morrisons. I'm ready to try the BBQ sauce I've seen on here, and tomorrow might make BBQ Burgers or something :/ Also, bought some beef cubes... NO IDEA what to do with them though, I'm not the most adventurous cook in the world! I bought a whole chicken, roasted it, and cut all the meat off tonight. Going to keep this refrigerated and eat this instead of me pre-packaged tesco chicken. Figured if I do this once, maybe twice a week, it'll be healthier and probably cheaper than buying the pre-packaged. I'll just have to remember to take them on to campus with me!!!

Hiya Amy

Diet Coke isn't limited but if you find yourself stalling, then cut back. I usually have a couple of cans a day.

Well done on the whole chicken :D

P x

Hi Hun, welcome. Lovely bunch on here so if you get stuck shout ! :)

I've never roasted a chicken before, and I'm also quite squeamish, so it was an experience haha Suppose it'll get better the more I do it, but I still had to get my flatmate to come get the last of the meat off - couldn't handle touching the ribs!!

Hahahaha .... before long you'll be gnawing drumsticks off bone and tossing them over your shoulder, a la Henry VIII! ;)

P x

Amy your food looks fantastic and like Pauline said when your on with your 200th chicken youll wonder what the problem was lol happy clucking xxx

Gets really hard this dieting stuff, particularly when all you want to do is eat a massive bar of galaxy and a packet of kettle chips :/ I was proud of myself today though, the girls I was revising with were sat eating Kettle chips, and I consoled myself with Pepsi Max. And then we went to Tesco, I avoided the choccies. And when I got home, there was a box of All-Butter Shortbread biscuits lying open on the counter... I just made my tea and came to hide in my room :) Yay!

Today I ate: (PV)
B: a boiled egg, some chicken and a fat free yoghurt.
S: 4 x crab sticks
D: Roast Chicken, another boiled egg, 1 carrot chopped into batons, and my 6 little gillette-pancakes.
T: Tomato and Basil soup, Diced beef with Dukan BBQ sauce, broccoli, cauliflower and brussel sprouts :)

Might have the rest of my crab sticks later... but I might not. Still got a little more water to drink, but I've had like a litre of Pepsi Max today, plus the rest of the can of my diet coke that was left over from the BBQ sauce, and about 400ml of water. So not bad!

fantasic resistig the crisps :clap::clap:

Crabsticks have been a slight revelation on this diet haha I bought some because they were on offer in Morrisson's and they were realllllllly nice. I've ran out, and it's a nightmare!! Haha

Confession time: went off a bit mid-week. After being dead proud of myself for lasting that day with those temptations, the day of my exam I failed haha I had some of the biscuits, then went for a bottle or wine with a friend after the exam. Also hadn't eaten all day, so had the only thing available in our student bar, which was a hot dog. Then we had another, went out, had some crisps... and a few more drinks! Then I stayed at my friends, and the next day she only had Carrot and Potato soup to feed me. And then I had a Burger King because I was so hungover... Oh dear.

Back on it now though, two extra Pure Protein days finish tomorrow, lots of water, then I'm back to it. Hopefully won't be too bad around my next deadlines :/

Back