An Eating out sticky?

Shangri-la

I probably have not noticed this above in the stickies but I would love if we had an eating out section ie what we can have in an indian, chinese, steakhouse etc and ideas of what to pick on the menu.

I went to a pub today my nursing mentor from hospital placement and the most inconspicuous thing that i could find today to eat on the menu was sirloin steak, stir fry veg with salad. i removed the onion rings and pepper sauce. I also have a latte with semi skimmed milk and am stuffed. I am on three packs per day so had caramel shake, the meal at the pub , my choc truffa bar tonite and probably not the last shake as im stuffed. Please can anyone tell me what the damage is here??

The last time on slim and save, i used to get a mixed grill from the indian with chicken tikka pieces etc with salad. I also thing that steak is ok with mushrooms. Please tell me if i am getting it wrong???

Im not sure about steak, I think its white meat your meant to have as protein and only 100g, I think the average pub steak is 8oz or around 250g. That said if you can eat that and lose weight then obv thats all good.
I was wondering this also as my hubbys birthday is.end of the months and we re going for a curry, was thinking along.the lines of tikka or tandoori chicken no mint sauce and mushroom low fat curry (our indian is fab will make stuff low fat if you ask). Not sure what you could have off a chinese menu tho and would imagine chippy would be fish minus the batter, I couldnt leave the batter tho its the best bit!

Im not sure about steak, I think its white meat your meant to have as protein and only 100g, I think the average pub steak is 8oz or around 250g. That said if you can eat that and lose weight then obv thats all good.
I was wondering this also as my hubbys birthday is.end of the months and we re going for a curry, was thinking along.the lines of tikka or tandoori chicken no mint sauce and mushroom low fat curry (our indian is fab will make stuff low fat if you ask). Not sure what you could have off a chinese menu tho and would imagine chippy would be fish minus the batter, I couldnt leave the batter tho its the best bit!

From a fellow Claire, I couldnt leave the batter either, lol. I imagine that steak is not the best but in order to enjoy the protein meal, i hope that an atkins style meal if we are out in a restaurant is acceptable. As long as there are no major carbs like chips, sauces, potatoes etc, i will be happy enough as i hardly ever eat out. When I got the indian before, I used to have a mixed grilled and green salad and then have my choc truffa bar with black coffee as desert so it felt really like a nice proper meal. I also used to bring my bar if i knew that i was going to the cinema and that made it more manageable. I will do my three packs and have chicken or fish at work/home with salad but i will get a healthy takeaway now and again and if it comes off, i will be able to enjoy the actual process and still maintain some semblance of enjoyment, lol. I wonder if the skinny latte with fat free or semi skimmed milk is ok?.

I think it should be, you can have some milk on this diet, Im not sure of the amount because I dont drink.it. You sound pretty level headed about this diet, Ive got a party to go to on saturday where there'll be a buffet and Im panicking about what I will/wont can/cant eat. I suppose chicken drumstick will be best but its a kids party and I know theres going to be cake. Suppose I can always say Ill take mine home and hubs can eat it lol. Its just the temptation to think sod it while Im there and just eat it that I want to avoid!

Back