An exercise plan/ideas for those who dont use the gym or go to local classes.

hobnobsmummy

Silver Member
I do struggle with exercise other than walking so I decided today to draw up an exercise plan.

I have a 2 yr old and I dont drive, this means no going out after 7pm and limited to where I can go in the week without Hubby around.

I have found on Youtube lots of Zumba and Fitness Classes that you can use at home for free. Most Zumba classes around here apart from one are 7 - 8pm or 8 - 9pm which is pretty useless for me, and the other is a Friday morning again no good for me.

Where we live has accessibility to bus routes and shops but to get to the gym or to a sports centre is 2-3 different buses away, which isnt exactly cheap for the ticket either not including the gym membership.
I am not allowed to go swimming (seriously) which sucks because I love it. I have bad ears and I am not allowed to get even the slightest dribble of water in them (quite awkward when washing hair at home too)

I take my little girl out for a walk pretty much every day or at least every other, even if it is just down to the local playground, all exercise is good for you but I find walking doesnt burn off the calories and I need something a bit more high impact.

We also live in a first floor flat and I do worry about making too much noise when jumping around like an elephant, but to be honest I have gone past the point of caring, he gets his lawnmower and power drills out at stupid o'clock so this is my way of revenge, muahahaha!

So here is my Plan for this week -

Friday (Today) - 60 min Aerobics online once Littleun is in bed.
Saturday - Brisk Walk/Jog in the morning round the block whilst Hubby is at home to babysit.
Sunday - Grocery Shop (I was surprised when looking into this how many calories pushing a trolley actually burns off!)
Monday - Brisk Walking round a Local Kids Attraction (Taking Littleun out for the day with a friend to a farm park, also involves me climbing around a Soft Play no doubt)
Tuesday - 60 Min Aerobics online or on Wii Fit
Wednesday - Brisk Walk/Jog round block once littleun is in bed (Hurray for Lighter Nights)
Thursday - 60 Min Aerobics online

Anybody else have any routines or activities that you do that dont come under the usual Gym Membership or Fitness Classes?

It can be done, it will be done and you all have permission to slap me if I dont do it.
I need a Loss this week.

I havent done it in a long time, but am planning to dust it down. i have a reebok step and dvd. I loved it in the past. As you got fitter, you tweaked the moves. It lasted under and hour but made me sweat buckets. It's not the same of the wii, I've tried, I have the Wiifit. Its just not as intense etc, but maybe a good way to see if you'll like step aerobics before investing in a step - though they're not that expensive and you can use them for stretches etc too. I have also looked up fitness videos on youtube. There are loads for free. you can try them out, put bits together, and change any you don't like or are bored of. I just stick my laptop on the mantlepiece and get going in the living room. Gotta do it when my toddlers asleep though, otherwise they get in the way!

I have a couple of wii "games" zumba, lets dance, just dance & also have some fitness dvds. The weeks I go to all 3 of my zumba classes I don't do much at home apart from my walking but the weeks I don't I try & do stuff at home. This week due to having a really heavy cold I have hardly done anything & am regretting it due to what scales will say in the morning.....

Sorry just re-read my post and by golly it's long! Apologies if you fell asleep half way through.

Lex everyone has weeks when they are poorly, don't beat yourself up about it. I lost more the week I had a fluey cold bug thing due to not really feeling like eating, so you never know it may work in your favour?

I havent done it in a long time, but am planning to dust it down. i have a reebok step and dvd. I loved it in the past. As you got fitter, you tweaked the moves. It lasted under and hour but made me sweat buckets. It's not the same of the wii, I've tried, I have the Wiifit. Its just not as intense etc, but maybe a good way to see if you'll like step aerobics before investing in a step - though they're not that expensive and you can use them for stretches etc too. I have also looked up fitness videos on youtube. There are loads for free. you can try them out, put bits together, and change any you don't like or are bored of. I just stick my laptop on the mantlepiece and get going in the living room. Gotta do it when my toddlers asleep though, otherwise they get in the way!

Agree with that! I tried to do them today but Toddler just wanted to be picked up and jump around with me! lol.

hobnobsmummy said:
Lex everyone has weeks when they are poorly, don't beat yourself up about it. I lost more the week I had a fluey cold bug thing due to not really feeling like eating, so you never know it may work in your favour?

Hmmmm sneaky mid week weigh in showed that won't be the case!!!

Right so the Aerobics last night didnt happen....Hubby was late home from work and also Littleun decided she didnt want to go to bed till he was home and put up a bloomin good fight!!

Walked round a shopping centre today and been Ten Pin Bowling, we have just got home and I am shattered, the jog didnt happen this morning because we got up at 9:15am (nice lie in after littlun refusing to go to bed on time) and had to go and view at house at ten!

Grocery shop tommorow tho for definite as we have no food.

YES GO ME!!! Did an 8 Minute Jog/Power Walk just quickly round the block before it got dark. My Chest hurts like bugger as its been a long time since I ran, especially in the cold. Did have to use my inhaler but feel good mentally for doing it :) :)

hobnobsmummy said:
YES GO ME!!! Did an 8 Minute Jog/Power Walk just quickly round the block before it got dark. My Chest hurts like bugger as its been a long time since I ran, especially in the cold. Did have to use my inhaler but feel good mentally for doing it :) :)

Well done babe xx

Fabulous! All those bits add up over time. Getting going is often the hardest bit. It takes more effort at the end of the day too, so be proud that you got up and out x

Thanks Ladies, I know 8 minutes might not seem like a lot but our "round the block" isnt exactly flat lol. Lots of up and downs so it was quite tiring, and I havent "ran" for months, My chest hurts a lot this morning so i'm wondering if the last chest infection I had has flared up my Asthma a bit more may have to get down to the docs for some more inhalers.

hobnobsmummy said:
Thanks Ladies, I know 8 minutes might not seem like a lot but our "round the block" isnt exactly flat lol. Lots of up and downs so it was quite tiring, and I havent "ran" for months, My chest hurts a lot this morning so i'm wondering if the last chest infection I had has flared up my Asthma a bit more may have to get down to the docs for some more inhalers.

Well done! Maybe your chest is just in shock x

If I ran round the block the whole of County Down would be in shock! :8855: Well done on getting out there. I walk, miles and miles, I find it so therapeutic and it really helps me to get my head straight, I love it,

KB x

Back