An Inspirational outfit

Jennyb61

Hi everyone I thought that it might be fun to start a thread on my fun inspiration that I am using to help with my weight loss journey.

So I am going to post things that I would love to wear as I go along and if anyone wants to join in then I would love that – it doesn’t have to be something to wear it can be something you are going to treat yourself to or just your inspiration for being on slimming world. That way if anyone is having a low day when you can’t remember why you are bothering (that was me in December) then we can pop in here and remind ourselves

Jen xxxx

to start us all off....

One of my best friends gets married this year and I have found the outfit I want to wear to her wedding. Now there is no way that I will be happy with how it will look on my current 16-18 frame and I would like to own it in a 12-14 (12 would be great but I am a realist)

2283521220.jpg

Last year before my hols i bought a whole knew holiday wardrobe in the sales, a size down! I bought them in june and had a few month till my hols but i didnt manage to get into them, I did manage to pour myself into one pair of shorts but my movement was limited haha.

So after starting slimming world again I have 9 month to fit into these clothes before my holiday this year. I love them all so i MUST get into them! If i dont this year they are going on ebay :(

We can do this! I Have 9 pairs of shorts to fit into i might hang them up around the house and the office as motivation! x

I'd love to get back into my clothes I wore before I had my baby! They are all in a suitcase in the loft and can't wait to get back into them!

Id also like to wear a pencil skirt without still looking pregnant!!
Xx

I had two when I started. One was a size 16 short dress and coat set from A chain called Richards Shops that had been hanging in the wardrobe since 1999 ( when I got NEARLY slim enough to fit in it. It, oddly, is bang on trend now !
The other is my 'going away' outfit from when I got married 25 years ago ( child bride!!). It's a size 14.
The Richards one fitted me for about two days in July 2012. I was going to wear it to my sons graduation bbut it was raining so I wore trousers instead. It's like a flipping tent now so I never did wear it.
My going away outfit was very expensive. I mostly wear a size 12 now ( but the jeans I bought yesterday are a 10- the 12 was too big in the waist). The jacket is very loose, the skirt is very big on the hips BUT, I can only just do, with huge effort do up the waist band. The waist is tiny. My old school size 14 waist was tiny! It just shows how much clothes sizes have changed. I'd need to be a modern size 8 to fit in the size 12's of the 'olden' days I think .

Good luck with your journeys ladies. But don't buy too many clothes to slim into- you might find they don't get worn because you shrink more than you think xx

Attachments

• image-718378490.jpg
    image-718378490.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 218
My first item would be size 14 jeans that I bought as a motivator and reminder so they are hanging in my face over the cupboard. The only other thing I would like is to fit into the nice clothes I have with a relatively flat stomach. I'm a simple soul!

I guess it's the fact that I've never been thin (well unless you count prepubescent) so I have no idea what loevely thing I would wear to show off my nice body as I've never really had a nice body to flatter before.

I have a beautiful black dress with gorgeous beading on it in a size 16, its my fave dress and can't wait to fit back into it. I also have a lovely pair of black trousers in a size 14. They are hanging up on the front of my wardrobe to inspire me

I just want to be able to wear sleeveless tips again without constantly trying to cover up my fat arms!!

Attachments

• image-545531471.png
    image-545531471.png
    785.8 KB · Views: 253
I loooovvveee vivien of holloway, its the other shape i like, with the floaty bottom shape!!

Only a red belt and shoes!

That leopard fabric is gorgeous <3 I love the swing dresses too but I am revelling in the confidence to wear wiggle dresses now ;) Something I never thought I would do! x

I love leopard print lol, a bit too much sometimes! Hmm my mind may change to a wiggle dress if i get that confidence ;) but atm im still playing it safe lol :) theyre far too expensive to buy if your planning on loosing weight!
My interm plan is to loose the tummy bit that seems to appeared overmthe last stone or two so i can wear summer dresses or vest tops and jeans for t in the park, so 6 months!!

oo- lovely gorgeous inspiration outfits on here! The Vivien of Holloway dresses are a-may-zing !!

Two things for me. One is a top I bought last year in a 12 rather than a 14 (although even that was ambitious!) and I totally forgot to go back and exchange it. It's a lovely colour and I really love it and one day I WILL get into it.

I've also got a suitcase full of clothes at my mums that don't fit. I went through it all last year and got rid of a lot of it that was outdated but there's some things I couldn't bear to give/throw away. A gorgeous DKNY jacket, a lovely pink Oasis coat and lots of holiday type clothes. I go to Florida in October and it would be great if I could wear them rather than buying all new clothes.

Here are my inspirational outfits........... Lol!!!! ;)

Not really, although my Husband loves sexy underwear and suspenders on me but I just don't feel sexy in them so can't wait to lose weight to be able to feel good again.

81c6b6668e4d2ad47def1c3fe847d1e0.jpg

81bf1ee47d85dccf3f7c7d7cba1cbede.jpg

My actual inspirational outfit is this gorgeous 50's style dress, I'm hoping to buy it once I'm close to target as I absolutely love this kind of style..........

818513190d6597295f0f5b163b38fac6.jpg

Back