Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

An update on the muffin top

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Dancing, 29 November 2007 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

I know I've posted a lot recently and it is all about me me me however I have to share this.

Setting the background ....

Last Saturday I bought a pair of size 16 jeans at H&M but when I tried them on I had a muffin top. Still bought them as I knew in a couple of weeks the muffin top would be gone.
    Also I've been a constant scale hopper these past 12 weeks. Except since buying the jeans. Maybe I had some kind of mental reassurance that it was really happening and I didn't need the scales anymore? Anyway, i realised yesterday I hadn't been anywhere near the scales and decided to weigh myself this morning - I forgot to do it until just now. As of today I have lost 5 stone. This was originally my (high) goal for the week before Christmas.

So, I decided to try on the muffin top jeans. And would you know it the muffin top has gone. IN FIVE DAYS:eek:. Holy moly I love this diet!!!!!!!

Also the last pair of size 18s that I had that for some reason were too tight around the crutch area five days ago are now loose and it looks like I'll only get a couple of weeks wear out of them at the most.

This is mind blowing to me.

......... can you tell I'm excited??? And happy ???? :D Right have to go do some work (in my now baggy small size 18s).

have a good day

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Zomble

Zomble Full Member

Fantastic, Dancing! What a great feeling!!!

4. mandye

mandye Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st13lb(50.83%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDDGE DIET SS
    you keep posting hun your excitment is very encouraging to us all .well done on your great loss keep it up and be almost at goal for xmas

5. Alibongo

Alibongo Happily pro pointing!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    :party0019:

unfortunately I am still with muffin top.

After having my DD by caesarian my poor tummy has never been the same, not sure it ever will be :wave_cry:
    but at least it won't be quite so bad as it is now :D

6. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    My muffin top has gone - but I've just ordered some size 12 skinny fit jeans (!) for after Xmas (won't get in them just yet) so I'm hoping it won't return....at least I know it won't be there for long if it does!!

7. Miss Fenella

Miss Fenella Full Member

I'll share this on here where it is a bit hidden.

One negative effect of the diet.

I was wandering around covent garden yesterday and felt an odd sensation. :confused:

Yes, my knickers were falling down :eek:

I had to discreetly hoike them up extra high (they were boy pant hipsters) and be very careful (ie not run for any buses)

They are quite new too! So M & S for me on the weekend! and size 16 panties :sign0007:

8. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I ran down the corridor today after a student (don't ask) and felt my trouser waist band round my thighs - trying to run in heels whilst trying to hike your trousers up is not generally thought of as 'lady-like'!!!!

9. Alibongo

Alibongo Happily pro pointing!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Yes, I too have had trouser and pant trouble. No running in the jeans I have on today. Tricky when you have a 4 year old :D
    I have just got size 16 pants set from Asda for a very reasonable price. So at least if my trousers come down I have new knickers on!

When I get to goal I am going shopping in La Senza for all my new knickers ;)

I can't justify buying a new wardrobe at each size so have to make do with wearing oversized clothes for a few months.
    I am going to go into Tesco the week before Christmas and get a few bits for the holiday season though.

10. Tiger Girl

Tiger Girl Full Member

That's brilliant Dancing :D
    I bought my first pair of size 12 skinny jeans today. They're too tight but they do fit (kind of) I shall be wearing them by Christmas!
    I took my last 3 bags of too big clothes to the charity shop today. I now own nothing bigger than a 14. And that feels pretty good :)

11. Lisa

Lisa Full Member

Start Weight:
    191.2lb
    Current Weight:
    176.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    147lb
    Lost(%):
    14.6lb(7.64%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    well done everybody. I got excited when I could tuck a shirt into my jeans and not over the top!

12. peanut

peanut Full Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    It feels great doesnt it! I've only been on the diet two and half weeks. I am already fitting back into clothes that are really nice - that I have either stopped wearing as cant fit in it, or felt very uncomfortable in them. plus they didnt look good. But the good stuff now fits! Yippeee.... i also have been thinking about one day buying skinny jeans and some brown knee highs and a wide brown belt! It motivates me i think! although i cant quite imagine going into topshop and trying on a pair of size 12 skinny jeans . Hopefully one day soon!

Excellent news you are all finding good things happening in your wardrobes!

Dancing keep posting xx

13. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Thanks guys and so funny about the trousers/knickers falling down ... I had the same before my friend talked me into spending money on jeans ... really pleased the H&M ones fit but gutted it won't be for long!!!

I really don't understand where the fat goes in such a short space of time .... it can't all go down the loo. Quite bizarre.

I took two bin bags to charity shop the other day too. Going to pass my new jeans on though (when they get too lose) as they are really nice ones.

14. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Am wearing my size 16 skirt today (can't bear to part with it - its lovely....may have it taken in) but the waist band is on my hips!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.