And now the good bit......Maintaining!

kim63

Gold Member
A little bit about myself & my SW 'journey' & I will try to keep it brief......

I started with a SW class way back in December '09 at 10st 7lbs & Im 5' 1", but unfortunately had to stop going as I slipped 2 discs in my neck & was off sick from work til I had a Cervical Discectomy & Fusion in September '10. Hence, I was fed up, inactive & I went up to 11st 6lbs! Started again in Nov '10 weighing 11st 3lbs & got to target of 8st 7lbs by May 3rd '11 with SW & road cycling.
I was back at work as a Registered Nurse full of beans, but by the August was in the hurtlocker again & needed a further Cervical Discectomy & Fusion in the Nov '11, discovered baking....Xmas cakes, Xmas puddings, mince pies, coffee cakes, Milllionaires shortbread.....whoops back up to 10st 7lbs by Jan '12!
So, this brings me to the last & final stage of the last 16 months......I lost 2st 0.5lbs taking me to my target of 8st 7lbs (half a pond under, but who's counting!) by my 50th Birthday on May 3rd! So that averages at 1.75lb per month! Its probably taken me that long because even tho I follow SW to the letter, I do have some 'off plan' days as I feel that life is for living & I enjoy the good things in life like food & alcohol in moderation. My husband works away during the week & only gets home at the weekend, so we like to go out occasionally/have romantic meals at home, as he has a very stressful job in the RM's. He is very fit through cycling which I love as well & has encouraged/supported me through these last few years & probably knows as much about SW as I do!

Anyways, I thought I would keep a diary on here now as I have one on my laptap that I religiously fill out everyday & will continue to do so, but there are a few of us 'maintiners' out there & for those of you that will be soon, I thought it might help.
In February I decided to call target at 8st 11lbs as I was STS for quite a while, but as soon as I did that, I started losing again & got to my ultimate target of 8st 7lbs.
I follow all 3 plans, but if I do an EE day I tend to add in an an extra HexB. My meal plans may seem a bit 'odd', but as a Nurse I do shifts & they are normally long! If Im exercising/cycling I tend not to have breakfast at a set time, so it can all seem a bit 'higgeldy piggeldy'!!! But it works for me........hope to chat to you all soon. Kim x

OK, so I got to target last Friday, my 50th!!! & was 'off plan' til yesterday morning, so back on it with avengence....wont WI til Friday morning my official home WI day.
I also drink about 2 litres of clear fluids plus about a litre of coffee per day

Tuesday 7th May
Green

B. 2 mugs of coffee
L. Muller yogurt & raspberries
D. 2 x Hovis seeded bread, 2 x 40g Cathedral City cheese mixed with chopped red onion....spread on the toasted bread with a huge salad

HexA = cheese x 2
HexB = bread x 2
Syns = 7

Exercise = Powerwalked (PW) around town for about an hour & Day 1 (again) of the Squat & Crunches Challenge

Wednesday 8th May
EE

B. 2 mugs of coffee
L. Toast & 3 scrambled eggs
D. King Prawn & Veggie Stir Fry

HexA = milk
HexB = bread
Syns = 6

Exercise = Day 2 of Squat & Crunches Challenge

Having a duvet day today trying to catch up on all my Sky+ programmes, but should really go shopping as have no fruit in at all, but am just cooking a huge slow cooker full of veggies for a soup.

Last edited:
Making a huge superfree pot of soup but looks a bit purple with all the red cabbage, but I'm sure it will taste scrummy!

Attachments

• 1368030429203.jpg
    1368030429203.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 211
Is that all you ate on tue Kim?

so far today I've had
b: scrambled egg onion & mushroom

snack: coffee & hifi bar (half hex b)

d: lean beef burger & stir fry vegetables
coffee & Special K bar (hex b)

dark chocolate 7 syns
mango & small apple

thinking of a salad for later & usually have a bowl of fruit & yogurt watching some tv when kids in bed!
hex a milk in coffee.

yay hi Kim.....looking forward having your diary to read. 3st loss...your some banana x
oh yes you don't eat a lot x

King prawn & veggie stir fry with Hoisin & Soy sauce.....3 syns

Attachments

• 1368034010237.jpg
    1368034010237.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 190
Is that all you ate on tue Kim?

so far today I've had
b: scrambled egg onion & mushroom

snack: coffee & hifi bar (half hex b)

d: lean beef burger & stir fry vegetables
coffee & Special K bar (hex b)

dark chocolate 7 syns
mango & small apple

thinking of a salad for later & usually have a bowl of fruit & yogurt watching some tv when kids in bed!
hex a milk in coffee.

Usually eat more than that, but rushing around like a loon to get into town for Dr's app, shopping etc etc!
Food looking good Debbie, it will be good to compare
Thanks for subscribing x

yay hi Kim.....looking forward having your diary to read. 3st loss...your some banana x
oh yes you don't eat a lot x

Blimey yes it is 3 stone since the beginning of my SW journey, no wander I have no clothes that fit lol!
I know I know, but I usually eat more than that! Trouble is Im not a brekkie fan & if I do have it its only yogurt & fruit & then when I do nights its all upside down anyways!
Thanks for subscribing as dont want to be a 'billy no mates'! x

Usually eat more than that, but rushing around like a loon to get into town for Dr's app, shopping etc etc!
Food looking good Debbie, it will be good to compare
Thanks for subscribing x

Blimey yes it is 3 stone since the beginning of my SW journey, no wander I have no clothes that fit lol!
I know I know, but I usually eat more than that! Trouble is Im not a brekkie fan & if I do have it its only yogurt & fruit & then when I do nights its all upside down anyways!
Thanks for subscribing as dont want to be a 'billy no mates'! x

hee hee never!!

Hello :)

Looking forward to keeping up with your diary xx

Hi Kim!!!

Yay a diary we can all keep an eye on. Always wondered what you ate!

So proud of how well you have done and will look forward to see how the maintaining goes over the summer with all the pub garden temptation.

xx

Hi Kim!!!

Yay a diary we can all keep an eye on. Always wondered what you ate!

So proud of how well you have done and will look forward to see how the maintaining goes over the summer with all the pub garden temptation.

xx

Haha you are funny wandering what I ate! To be honest, its sometimes all over the place because I do mainly nights so have to fit my food around those shifts! Like today, Im just doing an odd night tonight, so have to spread my food over 24 hours as I like to take a sandwich/fruit/crisps to work & then I'll only have one meal tomorrow evening when I get up. So sometimes it can look as tho Im not eating very much, but I do!
Thank you Nikki thats lovely of you to say that & yes, the pub garden is a huge temptation especially as DH has 4 week off from next week haha! We're decorating tho & having not really drank these last 8 months the temptation isn't so great as we're both off it lol!

Hello :)

Looking forward to keeping up with your diary xx

Oooh glad you found me! I've never had the urge to do a diary here, but thought I'd do one now Im into the maintaining malarky! Not sure how it will go,coz when I called target at 8.11 I carried on losing as obviously needed to, so we'll see how it goes with me being at 8.7. Might be a bit dodgy on the loss front over the next couple of weeks as have the Homecoming Ball this Saturday, Medals Parade next Thursday & then D goes on leave for 4 weeks from the Friday, so we may have to have a wee celebration then lol!
Im still feeling gutted that we would have been coming out to see you in a couple of weeks & now not, but I bet you're both relieved after all the visitors you've had - you must be exhausted & its not good on the SW front trying to entertain is it?! As good as we both would try to be, admit it, it would have been hard not to give into the temptation of lovely meals out with our boys lol! Have you got anyone else coming out soon, or do you have some respite for a while? xx

Well as you're always saying life is for living ;-)

Sounds like you have a lovely time coming up, hope you enjoy it all. Look forward to seeing the pics.

I know we're gutted as well :-( would have been lovely. I was saying to my Dad I like having visitors and everyone is so different that it doesn't feel like we're doing the same thing any time. They were quite good at entertaining themselves as well as my close friend left to go home on Wednesday so was fitting in things with her as well as them.
You will still have a brill time off, fingers crossed for the weather!

Yeah I bet we would have misbehaved a lot! ;-)

No visitors lined up for a while now, maybe H's best friend later in the year but our lease is up in October so fingers crossed they sign us up for another year! X

Doing a night shift tonight so need to spread the food out, so I basically have my brekkie at lunch & then bounce the meals forward as I like to eat about 2am, but then snack throughout the night.
Over the next few weeks Im going to eat SW as per normal, with the only difference if I do an EE day I will have an extra HexB as I do like my sandwich on a night shift. Have a few socials on so need to reign it in a bit, but once they're all over with I can get to maintaining properly & see what suits me as following EE with an extra HexB when I got to 8.11 made me lose weight & thats how I got to 8.7! Part of me is thinking I'd like to get to 8.2, but I'll reassess if I can maintain properly at 8.7!
I'll try & post piccies of my food so you can all see what I eat haha!

Thursday 9th May
Red

B. SF Veggie Soup
D. Extra lean beef mince with stir fry veggies in Hoisin sauce
L. Ham, red onion & sloe jelly sandwich

HexA - milk
HexA - 30g Light Phili
HexB - 60g slice Hovis Seeded bread
HexB - 60g slice Hovis Seeded bread

Syns - Hoisin 3, Sloe jelly 1, crisps 5, flake 7 = 16!!!

Snacks - fruit, yogurt & Walkers baked crisps

Exercise - 2.41 mile PW with Charlie (Golden Retriever) & Day 3 of Squat & Crunches Challenge

Last edited:
Hi girls,

Hex a milk
Hex b 28g porridge
Hex b slice brown bread

B: porridge

Spinning class

Coffee & brown bread

D: chicken & loads veg

Will snack on apples, pineapple, raspberries, mango & yogurt.

Ham mushroom onion omelette

Syns: dark chocolate 7

Hi girls,

Hex a milk
Hex b 28g porridge
Hex b slice brown bread

B: porridge

Spinning class

Coffee & brown bread

D: chicken & loads veg

Will snack on apples, pineapple, raspberries, mango & yogurt.

Ham mushroom onion omelette

Syns: dark chocolate 7

You do know you can have 35g of porridge Debbie!!!

How long have you been maintaining for? Have you increased you Hex's?

You do know you can have 35g of porridge Debbie!!!

How long have you been maintaining for? Have you increased you Hex's?

Is it 35g??? I always thought 28g!! Great will increase it so. I have 2 hex b most days. I don't like potatoes and seldom have rice or pasta. I'm maintaining now since Xmas I hover between 8st 8 and 8st 10!
Thanks Kim.

Think theses soups wil keep me going for a while! Love bulk cooking as saves me cooking doing shifts

Attachments

• 1368102256387.jpg
    1368102256387.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 102
Back