And the journey begins again......

JulesM40

Well it's almost upon me the first WI... not sure how I have done as I have just added up my Syns from Wednesday till now and I am over!!! The dreaded weekend :sigh: Just need to keep my fingers crossed for Wednesday.

Hope everyone else is having a good Monday :eek:

How many did you have??? Maybe next week just use syns daily rather than flexi synning. I know it makes it easier to me to keep control. I aim for 5-10 Mon to Thur and 10 - 15 Fri - Sun. I went over this on Sunday, but when I added up the week the lower syns Mon to Fri were enough to balance it out and total was 78 for the week, so nowhere near the possible 105 that we could have. I do prefer to be at 70 though TBH.

Good luck with WI - let us know how you get on!! x

How many did you have??? Maybe next week just use syns daily rather than flexi synning. I know it makes it easier to me to keep control. I aim for 5-10 Mon to Thur and 10 - 15 Fri - Sun. I went over this on Sunday, but when I added up the week the lower syns Mon to Fri were enough to balance it out and total was 78 for the week, so nowhere near the possible 105 that we could have. I do prefer to be at 70 though TBH.

Good luck with WI - let us know how you get on!! x

Well... I had 12.5 on Saturday and 18.5 on saturday... and that took me to 45.5syns for the week. I have just been reminded that it's 10syns a day so affectively I should have 70syns a week... so I haven't really gone over for the week!!! Panicking a bit for nothing, I will just have to go easy though and try as you say to stick to the 10syns a day and not go over that..

Thanks ;)

today's been a better day realising that I have gone over with my syns at the weekend however over the week I am still within my allowance woo hoo.... honestly thought I would have sabotaged myself... so hopefully been okay:

I have decided to put my food diary on too... let me know if you think I have gone wrong:

Thursday
Scrambled Eggs and toast

Lunch: salmon salad and mixed herds with salad
mullerlight

dinner: baked potatoes with cheese and homemade coleslaw

Superfree/Free foods included: Apple Egg Tomatoes Cabbage Carrots Lettuce Peppers Onions Green Beans Banana lemon
cherries melon pineapple raspberries
Healthy A: 60g Low Low cheese
Healthy B: 60g Wholemeal bread
Syns: Extra light mayo - 1syn
Nutella - 4syns
Semi Skimmed milk - 2.5syns

Friday
Breakfast: Low fat sausage sandwich

Lunch: Diet coke chicken + noodles
Mullerlight + Fruit

Dinner: Chicken and Philli with Bacon, new potatoes and homemade coleslaw

Superfree/Free foods:
Chicken Bacon cabbage carrots onions melon pear banana strawberries raspberry blueberries
Healthy A: 2 x 35g philadephia
Healthy B: 60g wholemeal bread
Syns: Tomato Sauce - 1syn
Low fat sausage x 2 - 2syns
Homemade ferrero rocher - 1syn

Saturday:
Breakfast: scrambled eggs bacon and toast

Lunch: none

Dinner: Cowboy pie

Superfree/Free foods: low calorie drinks, eggs, bacon, beef, brocolli, carrots, mushroom, onions
Healthy A: 40g reduced cheese
Healthy B: 60g wholemeal bread
Syns: 2 Mikado - 1 syn
milk semi skimmed 100ml - 2.5syns
vodka - 2.5syns
puff crisps - 6.5syns

Sunday:
Breakfast: Toast and Cheese

Lunch: Ryvita and Cheese

Dinner: Roast chicken and trimmings
mullerlight and fruit

Superfree/Free foods: Tomatoes bacon chicken baby sweetcorn brocolli carrots leeks bananas raspberries
Healthy A: 60g low low
Healthy B: 2slices of 400g wholemeal bread
Syns: Ryvitas - 1.5syns
chipoltas - 1.5syns
Stuffing - 2syns
yorkshire pudding - 3syns
Gravy - 5syns
Kit Kat - 5.5syns

Monday:
Breakfast: full cooked breakfast
Lunch: Singapore Noodles
Dinner: Fruit Salad and Mullerlight

Superfree/Free - Baked beans, tomatoes, egg, bacon,chicken carrots, noodles, garlic, chilli, chicken stock, grapes, bananas, apple, blueberries.

Healthy A: ????
Healthy B: Wholemeal 1 slice 800g bread

Syns: Lurpak lighter - 1syn
Low fat sausage - 1syn
Tomato Sauce - 1syn

That's me so far this week..... to be continued :)

Well... I had 12.5 on Saturday and 18.5 on saturday... and that took me to 45.5syns for the week. I have just been reminded that it's 10syns a day so affectively I should have 70syns a week... so I haven't really gone over for the week!!! Panicking a bit for nothing, I will just have to go easy though and try as you say to stick to the 10syns a day and not go over that..

Thanks ;)

It's fifteen syns a day... Only cut back if your weightloss has stalled. Dont think too bad about the syns, you are in the ball park, and if you have followed the rest of the plan, eating lots of superfree and lean meats you'll be fine.

It's fifteen syns a day... Only cut back if your weightloss has stalled. Dont think too bad about the syns, you are in the ball park, and if you have followed the rest of the plan, eating lots of superfree and lean meats you'll be fine.

Thanks... I have been trying as much as possible to get all my superfree/free foods in and definitely the lean meats. I wont eat anything with fat on it!! WI tonight so heres hoping.

Almost time for my first WI I must admit I am slightly nervous about it... dont feel that different if anything at all!! :confused:

-1.5lbs tonight... not bad could have been better but a lose is still a loss :)
Had 2 little chocolates to celebrate.... didnt have any syns today so well within my limit... let hope for better next week... will maybe try success express! although i really do find it hard to fill my plate with 2/3 superfree...just cant seem to get my head round it.

Last edited:
Just made 50second microwave syn free choc pudding... not sure about it at all!!! Ate it all right enough and would probably get used to the texture!! I suppose its not too bad.

Recipe:

Egg
2 tbsp sweetener
1 tbsp cocoa
Mug
Fry Light

Whisk Egg and sweetener together until doubled in size
Add Cocoa and whisk again
Spray fry light into mug to stop pudding sticking
Pour mixture into Mug
Cook on full power for 50seconds

Done!

Hi.

Cocoa powder is 1 syn per tbsp, so not entirely syn free I'm afraid! Have you tried using a sachet of options instead for 2 syns - you can then have flavoured puddings like chocolate orange for example, which are much nice IMO.

Hi.

Cocoa powder is 1 syn per tbsp, so not entirely syn free I'm afraid! Have you tried using a sachet of options instead for 2 syns - you can then have flavoured puddings like chocolate orange for example, which are much nice IMO.

thought about using options but was told using cocoa powder was free ... hence the reason I tried this... maybe next time will try the options as the white choc options or orange might taste a lot better... thanks :)

i believe the point of success express is to try if your weight loss is stalling. Why not just stick to plan 100% for a few weeks and see what happens?

The book says 5-15 syns a day- yes some people have 10, some people save their syns. some people don't have 1/3 superfree on extra easy (even though it says "fill your plate with 1/3 superfree food).

Make sure everything is measured that should be measured. Also double check syns of things before eating- sometimes i double check things even if someone tells me the syn value.

It's about keeping with the basics- if you are not happy with your weight loss then maybe try success express- but i would suggest just sticking to the plan 100% first :)

don't restrict yourself :) and enjoy!!

i believe the point of success express is to try if your weight loss is stalling. Why not just stick to plan 100% for a few weeks and see what happens?

The book says 5-15 syns a day- yes some people have 10, some people save their syns. some people don't have 1/3 superfree on extra easy (even though it says "fill your plate with 1/3 superfree food).

Make sure everything is measured that should be measured. Also double check syns of things before eating- sometimes i double check things even if someone tells me the syn value.

Thanks for this Little Flutterby... I really do try to stick to about 10 syns a day although I did go over on Sunday... Will see what next week brings and hopefully it will be on the scales I see the pay off's I must admit I

It's about keeping with the basics- if you are not happy with your weight loss then maybe try success express- but i would suggest just sticking to the plan 100% first :)

don't restrict yourself :) and enjoy!!

Thanks for this Little Flutterby... I really do try to stick to about 10 syns a day although I did go over on Sunday... Will see what next week brings and hopefully it will be on the scales I see the pay off's I must admit I do struggle with the 1/3 plate of superfree can never think of things to put on my plate... I am sure it will all fall into place eventually x

Thanks for this Little Flutterby... I really do try to stick to about 10 syns a day although I did go over on Sunday... Will see what next week brings and hopefully it will be on the scales I see the pay off's I must admit I do struggle with the 1/3 plate of superfree can never think of things to put on my plate... I am sure it will all fall into place eventually x

My consultant always said "try to have 1/3 superfree in your day" if you don't want veg with your dinner then maybe just have fruit before or straight after. Remember the point of superfree is basically portion control- you're filling up on foods which have the lowest density :) :)

I got bored after a few months so I decided to try a new veg every week and did something different with it- like butternut squash- i mashed it, made it in risotto, made it into chips, roasted, etcetc. my mate did the same thing with celeriac :)

My consultant always said "try to have 1/3 superfree in your day" if you don't want veg with your dinner then maybe just have fruit before or straight after. Remember the point of superfree is basically portion control- you're filling up on foods which have the lowest density :) :)

I got bored after a few months so I decided to try a new veg every week and did something different with it- like butternut squash- i mashed it, made it in risotto, made it into chips, roasted, etcetc. my mate did the same thing with celeriac :)

Great idea... i dont mind veg but just never have any ideas!! This forum and facebook is always good for ideas though :)

not started so good today... wee one found a box of after eights and me and him sat and ate them (4 of them anyway!)...2.5 syns each so have just added them.

Chip shop chicken curry SW style tonight with SW chips yummy xx

Back