Angekins - New Year=New Me

Angekins13

Right. Stepped on the scales first thing this morning (after way too long) and discovered I'm at least a stone heavier than I thought, but I'm determined that this time I'm going to make a diet work for me and not give in at the first temptation and then give up, which is what usually happens!
So attack day 1:
B - Yoghurt with cinnamon & a little sweetener.
L - Chicken with cottage cheese
D - Steak with cottage cheese
S - Muffin
F - 2ltrs still water, 500mls sparkling water & 330mls pepsi max

I'm not really craving anything and normally drink a lot of water anyway, actually I only drink water as can't stand tea/coffee/alcohol/juices/etc, so have increased my usual amount slightly, hope this helps!

All in all am feeling quite positive and determined, just hope that these feelings continue in the weeks ahead!

What a good start with an excellent menu - hope you find Dukan suits you Angekins - you might have a few rocky days at first with the withdrawal but I promise you it is sooooo worth it! I love the the diet and find it great for getting rid of my carb dependancy! Hope that never comes back! Good luck. x

Good luck. I've just finished day 2 and it was easier than day 1.

Thanks trudyc and zoebear, it's great to hear of the success others are having with the diet. Previously I've tried just about every diet going and by the end of day 2 have usually slipped up somewhere, but this time it feels different. I haven't felt any side effects, headaches or anything so am keeping my fingers crossed it all stays like this!
Attack - Day 2:
B - Yoghurt with a little sweetener
L - Ham and egg omlette
D - Steak
S - Cottage cheese and muffin
F - 2.5lts still water, 500mls sparkling water & 3 x 330mls pepsi max (been to the loo a lot, sorry if tmi!!)
Not sure if I should have a peek at the scales in the morning or carry on until my weigh in on Monday....

great menus - ul be slimmer in no time !! :)

Attack - day 3
B - Yoghurt & sweetener
L - Ham spread with quark & rolled up like cigars!
D - Lean beef mince with mixed herbs & a tiny amount of chopped onions shaped into hamburgers & grilled on new "George Foreman" grill - yummy!
S - Muffin & sugar free jelly
D - 2.5lts water,500mls fizzy water & 2 x 250mls pepsi max.

Felt like a good day & I feel fine, no cravings really, sure I would love a chocolate biscuit but not really craving one, think it might be because you're never actually hungry on this diet. Anyway onwards :)

Menus look fab! I think the key to it is keeping things interesting - so many people fall in to the trap of chicken, chicken, chicken! Dr Dukan actually recommends weighing yourself regularly in the beginning as seeing the loss can be great motivation - but if you can wait til Monday I'm sure you will have a lovely surprise!! :)

Oh Angekins - hold out till Monday - it will be a whopper result I promise you!!! Great menus - v impressed - you won't feel deprived if you keep on top of your fridge!!! You seem to be v organised and have great motivation = win win in my book. Keep going and can't wait to see what the scales say when you weigh!

Thanks lorlypop and trudyc, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weigh in on Monday will be good, finding it very funny to actually be looking forward to stepping on the scales when usually I hide from them!
Day 4 - Attack:
B - Yoghurt & sweetener
L - Bacon (reduced fat) and yoghurt
D - Breast of chicken cut into strips and coated in mixed spices and grilled - almost the same as KFC!
S - Muffin and SF jelly
D - 2.5ltrs still water, 500mls fizzy water & 3 x 250mls pepsi max.

First time today that I've had a slight headache, but think that had more to do with the lack of sleep due to what sounded like a hurricane last night rather than anything else! Am hoping for a quieter night tonight!

Another great day I see - well done - when you can have more oat bran try coating chicken thighs with all skin removed in it- that is really like KFC and with the dukan BBQ sauce it is delicious!!! LOL! One of my lifesaver menus!! hope the headache goes away. x

Thanks trudyc, will have to try that one out when I'm on cruise. Had a great night's sleep now the weather has calmed down somewhat!
Attack - Day 5
B - Yoghurt & sweetener
L - Bacon (reduced fat) & yoghurt
D - Lean mince with a little chopped onion shaped into burgers and grilled
S - Muffin and s/f jelly
D - 2ltrs still water, 500mls fizzy water & 2 x 250mls pepsi max

Felt like it was a good day, wasn't even tempted to buy anything I shouldn't when I went grocery shopping which, for me, is a first!!!

Every day that you achieve Dukan is a great day!! Well done another good menu. How many more days of attack have you got - I weighed more than you and I did 6 which was enough!!! LOL - can't wait to see what you have lost on MOnday!!! x

The website told me to do 7 days of attack so just have tomorrow to go! Will be quite pleased to have the options of some veg but really haven't found this stage too difficult. Maybe I've finally found the diet which suits me, will find out at the weigh in on Monday...
Attack - day 6
B - Yoghurt & sweetener
L - Chicken quiche (2 eggs beaten, cottage cheese, herbs & chopped cooked chicken baked in oven)
D - Steak & yoghurt
S - Muffin & S/F jelly
D - 2.5ltrs still water, 500mls fizzy water, 3x250mls pepsi max
I'm going to have a look through the recipe section to find some ideas for my PV day on Mon. Hope everyone's having a good weekend.

If you like curry can highly recommend the BNS and Chicken curry - I finished it off with spinach which was delicious - can be spicy or not!!! Also Lady Mahayla chilli is yum!!! x

Thanks trudyc, I'll be sure to check those out, they sound great!
Attack - day 7 (final day)
B - Yoghurt & sweetener
L - Turkey
D - Remainder of turkey & cottage cheese
S - Muffin & s/f jelly
D - 2.5ltrs still water, 500mls fizzy water & 2 x 250mls pepsi max
Tomorrow is weigh in day, am keeping fingers tightly crossed!

Good luck - I will eat my hat if it's not a good one!!! Can't wait! xxx

Thanks Yogi13 & trudyc. I was very pleased when I stepped on the scales this morning (first time I've ever stepped on them eagerly!) and found that I'd lost 8lb!!:D:D:D So happy, fingers crossed the 'downwards' journey continues.
Cruise day 1 -PV
B - Yoghurt & sweetener
L - Celery & Onion Soup, Chicken
D - Roast chicken & leeks
S - Muffin & s/f jelly
B - 3ltrs still water, 500mls fizzy water & 2 x 250mls pepsi max.
I don't think I've ever enjoyed a bowl of soup or a leek so much in my life! Have also never felt so motivated at the end of the first week on a diet either! Have usually slipped up somewhere, which this time I haven't and also been so depressed at the scales that I've promptly given up. This time I'm determined to continue and it looks as though this time it's working. Yay for Dukan!

8lbs, incredible!! Celebrate with all those veggies, & well done for holding out on the weigh in (think I would've been too excited to wait!)

Back