Angry Rant, Sorry.

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by BetsyBotox, 23 August 2009 Social URL.

1. BetsyBotox

BetsyBotox Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    12st9lb(56.19%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    After reading Determined Girl's post asking why you want to lose the weight I became quite angry. It is a fantastic post. I read it with tears in my eyes as the replies moved me. Reading about those people in the gym and their comments towards Luce made me sooooooo mad! How bloody dare they say those things.

The majority of people who are overweight are not overweight just because they love food. 9 times out of 10 people over eat because of other problems. They may have health problems that slow down metabolism and make it harder to stay slim. They may have family problems, relationships problems, mental health problems and eating is a way to escape, a feel good factor, a comfort that becomes a vicious circle that is so difficult to break. A lot of people have been brow beaten and just accept their lot. They are told they are fat and useless, so they start to believe that is what they are, and that is all life has to offer them. It's just not fair.

These people who make these comments don't have the brains to ask themselves why fat people are the way they are. They live in insular worlds, full of their own self importance and they make my blood boil.

So for all you lovely people out there who have been at the receiving end of one of these idiots comments, jibes, sniggers, ridicules etc, just remember this - Very soon you will conform to their ideal. Very soon you will be at your goal weight but you'll be there with a good, kind heart and an acceptance of everyone regardless of their size. You'll have achieved all that through hard work and determination and you'll have done it for yourself.

Do me a favour please. When you reach goal and are looking fabulous, go out of your way to find someone who has mocked you in the past, walk past them with your head held high and the confidence of a cheetah wanting to catch a tortoise. Say nothing but glance back to see their expression. Priceless.

Oh and if you're like me - Give them the finger (I know I should just rise above but I just can't help myself!)

I'm off now to cover myself in No7 Protect & Perfect because I'm worth it.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LazeeLady

LazeeLady Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    You are brilliant!

I actually feel a whole lot better about myself just by reading this post.

Keep it up
    LLx

4. Janelegs11

Janelegs11 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Fabulous post, I had one ugly fella tap my stomach once and said 'god aren't you fat' I turned to him and replied, I can lose weight what can you do you ugly little ****... His friends p*ssed themselves laughing...

5. pestydebz

pestydebz Full Member

Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Here here :)
    great post

debz x

6. slimmer2moro

slimmer2moro Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.39%)
    Diet:
    lipotrim
    i'm remembering why i love this forum so much....couldn't have put it better myself xx

7. nerac123

nerac123 GO GO GO !!

Start Weight:
    16st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(17.02%)
    Diet:
    Slim n save
    I love every single solitary one of you lot on here...... you are all so inspirational.

Great post betsy.xx

8. Doirin

Doirin Positivity is the key

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st3lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(30.88%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim, now weight watchers
    Hi Betsy,
    you rant woman, it's good for the soul.
    I think if we all put it before us to help someone who is struggling with their weight, in some small way, after we have finished our journey here, it would be no bad thing. I am not advocating we all become evangelical about Lt, but to give a smile, a helping hand anything we would have liked for ourselves, then we could change the world one attitude at a time.
    If we have suffered at the hands of thin people then we realise that struggle someone else who is overweight is having and we can perhaps just for a minute make them feel better about themselves. We know self confidence is the first step to dieting. Help give someone what we learned. A sort of pass it on!!
    Doirin

BetsyBotox likes this.
  9. BlackRose

BlackRose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Boots Slender Shakes
    YEEEEOOOOHH!!!!

That's it.

10. Heero_Luva

Heero_Luva Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st2lb
    Current Weight:
    8st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(15.49%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim TFR
    Amazing rant. Completly true.

I will add though, when you all get very slim and beautiful and are the same as these ignorant people. Be a different skinny, be a nice understanding and not one of those people who are rude just because they can be.

Although I wouldnt be surprised that even though you are understanding you will get labelled as a 'skinny b*tch' by those who are jelous of your hard work. Way of the world i'm afraid.

I'll give you another perspective.

After LT loosing over 2 stone I felt really good. Never judged anyone because of their weight because I knew what it felt like to be big. Went into Maccys for a treat about 3 months after LT and had some big lady comment to her friend about 'how can that skinny thing eat this and be so skinny, what a b*tch'. So even though I'd worked hard to get where I was I was still labelled for no good reason.

I guess it doesnt matter what you are, someone somewhere will be cruel to you, dispite what size, gender etc you are.

BetsyBotox and Mini like this.
  11. liz0703

liz0703 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    7st12lb(45.64%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim Re-feed (from Wed 30th Sept 09)

Never a true word been said, we will never win!!!! But inside we will know what we have achieved and the hard work that has gone into such goals. We can hold our heads up high and just let it all bounce of us. Nothing and no one can touch us!!!

BetsyBotox and Mini like this.
  12. Determined Girl

Determined Girl Here's hoping

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.09%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Betsy- you are BRILLIANT!!!

This post has made me smile from ear to ear!

Luce
    x

13. Jesi

Jesi Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Well put Betsy and good rant :)

14. katy73

katy73 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    lipotrim
    BETSY YOU ARE THE BESTY!!!!

15. despardo

despardo Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.05%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    YOU GO BETSY!!! GET IT AFF YER CHEST GIRL!!! HEAR! HEAR!:happy096:

16. xsarahloux

xsarahloux ~~someday!~~

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    good work Betsy!!! its is infuriating how people just judge. i have vowed to never be a judgemental thin person!! just as now i'm fat, i look at thin people and wonder if they're happy with how they look. 9/10 i bet theyre not but i think its as strange a concept for us to wonder how thin people can not like the way they look as thin people look at us and say how did they let that happen. nothings ever simple!!

i've had some nasty moments where i've had snide comments. my office is ground level and has giant windows. all the school kids walk past and look in - its like a fish bowl! some particularly bad apples seem to enjoy looking in at me and making eating motions or simply shouting "ha you're so fat!" so embarrassing when the whole office can hear!

actually looking forward to when they go back to school and they can look in and i've changed so much. HA!

great post - i will now rate it 5 stars!! xxx

BetsyBotox and Heero_Luva like this.
  17. j-lo_00b

j-lo_00b Success leads to success

Start Weight:
    14st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    09st12.5.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey Betsy

Brilliant post there, couldnt have put it any better myself. We live in a world where everyone is judged on their looks and not whats in their souls and that is bad, not everyone is the same, and we do meet people who accept us unconditionally because they look deeper within and know we are good people. I dont hate people like those a**holes outside gym, I feel sorry for them because they are obviously feeling insecure about themselves to be throwing insults at another person. One word for you all - 'KARMA', what you give out you get back in return. xx

BetsyBotox likes this.
  18. A Better Me

A Better Me Silver Member

well said betsy.. i work in a bar and when i used to go around collecting glasses he used to always say to me "come on slim".. he didnt realise how upsetting he is....

19. despardo

despardo Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.05%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    congratulations sarahlou!!! What an amazing weight loss.....hope you wipe the smile off those smartass school kids!!!

20. Jeep

Jeep Otherwise known as Jools

Start Weight:
    22st5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(13.74%)
    Diet:
    Exante - currently
    Fantastic post and very inspirational too. :D :D

21. Heero_Luva

Heero_Luva Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st2lb
    Current Weight:
    8st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(15.49%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim TFR
    Hey Jodie,

Very well said. Karma. Love it!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.