ANN 50 something grandma...lots to lose

ann25

Have been posting for a little while so decided to have my own diary.It might help me keep motivated.
This time last year i was 24st 9ib(yes really..gross eh) i have lost 2 stone 5ib all be it slowly.
Just finding sw a bit boring now to be honest.
Any recipe ideas are most welcome

Hi, I sm Ann 50something not a granma!with lots to lose, pleased to meet you :)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Ann well done on your weight loss so far, that's great.

There's lots of recipes on here so have a good look around, you'll get plenty of ideas :)

Hey hun, just popping along to subscribe to your diary! xxx

Hi everyone..
a little about me.I am sick of my relationship with food.When i was younger i had an eating disorder(bulimia) suffered for years,but,wasnt overweight.I put 9 stone on after my first 4 children(had 4 in 5 year)I then lost this and when i met my 2nd husband 18 yr ago, i weighed 10st 4.I went on to have 2 more children and this is when my weight problem accelerated.Looking back i realise i had bad depression..in 6 month i lost my lovely dad(my rock),my 15 yr old son got his girl friend pregnant and had a son at 16,,lost my house.had my son,learnt my middle son had been abused by a person i would have trusted with my life.I started eating purely for comfort..even bingeing on food i didnt like if it was all that was in the cupboard.
I became housebound and ended up 24st 9.... i have now lost 2st 5ib, slowly but surely.I am now in the right frame of mind to diet.
Sorry for the life story,but it helped me understanding why i ate so much.

Right on to a brighter tone...i am now focused on losing all this blubber.Started out hardly being able to walk to the top of my street and i now walk the dog for an hour each day.
Hope we all take this journey together,even though mine may be longer lol.

I live with my husband and our 2 teens(15 and 16)I have 6 kids and 2 stepkids who i brought up from the age of 8.
We live in a small village and i have 6 grandkids all living within 5 mins walk!Too handy at times(only joking)
My eldest grandson i have not seen since he was 3.He is now 17.
My house is busy,noisy and at times messy,but i love having them all here,I still cook for everyone and just tweak it for myself.
Today has been good foodwise so far

B..2 weetabix with skimmed milk and a banana(he,s a and b)
L..1 wholemeal toast(4 syn) mackerel in tom sauce with a mixed salad
T..is going to be sw scotch egg(1 and a half syns for sausage) new pots and baked beans.
Snacks later when watching tv..curly wurly(6 syns) and a couple of plums

had a busy day..had 5 grandkids for tea and 4 of my sons?daughter.I made one lasagne with cheese sauce and another with fromage frais for myself.Had enough to put 4 portions in the freezer.
So today was ok
b..1 toast(he) mushrooms and a fried egg(fry light)
L..I dry fried a leek,an onion and mushrooms and added a pkt of noodles,very filling and got some ss food in.
! plum
1 banana
d..sw lasagne,lettuce,peppers,cherry toms.cucumber and celery.
a banana and pk of aldi crispy fries(4 syns)
hoping for a good day tomorrow

Food's looking good Ann, how's things going today?

Hey ann,

how are you getting on? Sounds like you've had a terrible time of it over the years, hope things are looking up now. Which day do you get weighed? x

Had a busy day yesterday..was meant to be getting my hair done but hairdresser let me down at the very last minute..appointment was 10am and she messaged me at 25 past 9!
So spent half my morning touring hairdressers to see if i could get in at short notice.Anyway i got it cut so feel a bit better.
Yesterday food..B..2 weetabix skimmed milk(he,s) a banana
L..jacket pot,salad and chicken tikka slices
T..just had half carton cottage cheese as we had an appointment at Newcastle Uni with daughter.
We didnt get back till gone 9pm so i was starving.
Hubby ordered an Indians and i shared with him..it was lush.But wont even attempt to syn it!
I had half of all these..mushroom pilau,tikka bits,lamb dopiaza,chips, a poppodom and half a garlic naan(dog got a lot of this as i was stuffed) salad and dressing.

Dont even feel guilty this morning..which is a first.I would usually think arrghh i,ve blown it and eat more...not now.I had a treat..so what? Back on it today.
I also bought a bra at Asda yesterday,never used to be able to get one to fit me,also got a t shirt and vest top.They are stretchy material but still didnt usually fit me...so little things that give you a boost eh/
I only get weighed monthly as i dont attend a class i,m just doing it myself.My dil weighs me.if i owned a set of scales i am afraid i would never be off them lol.
Not sure about food today as i still feel full after that Indians,probably have brunch later instead of a breakfast and lunch...hmmmm what to have???

Starting feeling hungry at 10ish so had wholemeal toast(he) and a tin of chopped tomatoes on...lovely.
Took dog for a walk, we were away for an hour..every day i get further so must be getting faster lol.
lunch is going to be salad and lasagne and tea is stir fry with chicken and lots of veg.
Might grate some cheese on my salad as need he b.

My tummy is not quite right and i blame the Indians...i dont think i am used to all the fat.

Took dog for a long walk to the beach..he,s loving all this exercise lol.
B..2 weetabix,skimmed milk,banana
L..bacon and leek pasta bake(had onion and sweetcorn in as well) lettuce,celery,cherry toms,cucumber and radish
Gd(11) made some cakes from a pkt mix and i had one(syns?)
Tea is new pots 1 low fat sausage(1 half syns) green beans and steamed leeks(love leeks at the minute) Gravy 2 tsps bisto(syned) and a curly wurly for later so maxed out on syns today/

Forgot to add, last nigh daughter made a choc cake and i enjoyed a slice,but hardly had any syns yesterday so should be fine.

Oh dear..had a brill day food wise...until last night.Got an invite to stepsons housewarming party..i got very drunk and ended up eating half a kebab and a slice of pizza.Feel ill today and cannot stomach food..havent even tried a cuppa yet.Why,oh why do i do it...i didnt even want to go,let alone have a drink, but i can never stop at one,i just have to go overboard.
oh well, whats done is done...another day another start....

I was extra good yesterday to make up for Saturday,s binge.Had weetabix with banana,then gammon new pots,sprouts carrots and broccoli.Tea was jkt pot with sw chilli and a salad.Had a curly wurly whilst watching the x=factor.
Today oats with half skimmed and half water,apple banana and a sprinkle of cinnamon.lunch is hm bacon lentil soup and tea is bangers,swede and potato mash with green beans.

Last night i actually had 3 sausages (41/2 syns) swede and pot mash,sprouts,broccolli,green beans and mushy peas and was to stuffed, i put far too much on my plate..i must get used to smaller portions.
Feeling a bit despondent today, i,m not sure about the ee plan. i think i eat to many carbs.After feeling so confident last week this is not a good week.I think my food and drink binge on Saturday has something to do with it.And the bra i got at Asda (42dd) feels a bit tight and it wasnt when i bought it.
Basically feeling like cr*p.
food today
1 wholemeal toast with tinned toms
lentil and bacon soup
tea is spag carbonara, i add loads of lean bacon, onion,leek,sweetcorn and peas in mine.Sauce is half Aldi,s lighter soft cheese and half fat free fromage frais.Going to have a smaller portion than usual and add a small mixed salad..plenty of sf foods.

yesterday was a funny day..or maybe i was in a funny mood.Breakfast oats,banana apple cinnamon
lunch..salad and hm fishcakes tea mince n onion with new pots and loads of veg.
Today oats,banan and ccccccccinnamon. lunch steamed cod,salad and i made the cheese n onion pie i saw on here.It was ok,but,lots of cooking and dishes to wash! Dunno if i would make it again..maybe to use up leftover mash/Tea is spag bol, i will add lots of extra veg to mine.

Had a bad weekend..again..hate weekends lol.Fri was fab,,,until night time.I had wholemeal toast,mushrooms and tinned toms..then went to dd and had 2 pints of cider, then was hungry as hadnt eaten all day so got a chicken kebab..with salad,pitta and garlic mayo.Then Sat wasnt hungry so missed brakfast,then had plain jkt pot and salad,by night time i was so hungry i had a chinese takeaway...king prawn curry,fried rice,chips and prawn crackers.Why do i do it!!
Sunday was a lot better, no breakfast as was still stuffed from takeaway,lunch.. lamb stew(lots of leek,onions,turnip,carrots and new pots),cabbage,green beans and sprout..added an oxo and thickened mine with some smash. Tea..lobster salad ..mmmmmmmm.Frozen curly wurly.
Today..2 weetabix with banana and skimmed milk and a cuppa...lunch was salad with cottage cheese and sw lasagne.Not sure about tea as have to do my big shop tonight

Back