Anna's Diary - 8st to lose (OH NOOOOO)

Annanana

Hi everyone :D

I weigh 16st 6lbs and am going onto Slim and Save after a life of yo-yo dieting, I have previously tried Cambridge but wasn't able to stick to it to long and "lapsed" and then became demotivated. Slim and Save is a little cheaper for me, it's easier than going to a counsellor (which makes me anxious; I don't like being in a stranger's house) and I'm planning to weigh myself once a month rather than once a week because small losses throw me off.

So far have done 1 and a half days, my head hurts a lot which is a problem I was having with Cambridge. Dreading going back to work tomorrow in case I feel ill or can't concentrate, but I have holiday leave booked for Thursday and Friday so if I hold out that long I should be fine. Trying to remind myself that I need to lose 5st just to be a HEALTHY weight, and if I don't do it now, how big will I have to get before I acknowledge there's a problem? :confused:

Welcome hunny

You can do it, hang on in there, painkillers & water, the headache will pass

Good luck xxx

I've got about 6 stones to loose. Good luck :)

I'm 16.8 and starting tomorrow!! Good luck, we can do this x

I'm 16.8 and starting tomorrow!! Good luck, we can do this x

That we can! :D Thank you, everyone!

OK, day 3! Despite the promises of S&S website it's not getting any easier. I felt like a zombie all day and now I'm home have no energy to do housework or anything else :( I am still hungry and miss food - does that mean I'm not burning any fat yet? But the shakes and bars are good, the only ones I have at the moment are the crispy chocolate ones, they were my favourite out of the samples and they mix in well. I have been on LighterLife and Cambridge before and didn't like the shakes coming out clumpy and powdery even after I put them in the blender. I don't mind a lack of variety as long as I can drink it without gagging.

Still, almost three days is good, it's got to be a start! My other worry at the moment is loose skin. I haven't had any children, so that should help, but there is a lady I work with who is not much older than me and has no children yet has a huge amount of loose skin after a gastric band. She's lost over 12st which is more than my goal but the worry is still there. Also paranoid about my breath and have heard that going on a VLCD can damage your teeth, so I am brushing a lot and swilling the mouthwash!!! Things can only get better ...

Last edited:
Well done for staying strong and getting through to day three! It can only get easier.

I also worry about loose skin and I remember from doing CWP I was told to keep moisturising the skin with a body butter - such as cocoa butter. I plan to start using this on my legs, arms, boobs, sides and stomach. And drink lots of water to keep skin boyant and hydrated. I too have not had children so again a positive.

Keep thinking of your end goal and how worth it this is :) x

It really does get easier I promise but mostly it takes a week to really settle into it and for your body to get used to not having as much food. Just stay strong and keep on going. You will definitely be losing weight already, you may not quite have reached ketosis yet but it should be with you soon.

Personally I'd concentrate on losing enough weight to get you to a healthy BMI as your target weight of a BMI in the 18s seems pretty low. I wouldn't worry too much about the skin. It's pretty much down to genetics and age so just moisturise regularly and you'll be doing the best you can. I've lost 6 stone so far and have a little loose skin at the top of my thighs but nothing anywhere else. Mind you I'm not BMI 18 either and don't intend to be :). However, I decided that being a healthy weight with a bit of loose skin is better than being obese and at risk of heart trouble, stroke, type 2 diabetes etc. etc.

That's true. My interim goal would be around 11st 5lbs which is, according to the scales at Boots, the most I can be for my height without being overweight. Maybe a little higher than that, after all being a few pounds overweight is better than being 5st overweight.

Day 4 ...

Pretty rough day, feeling faint and starving hungry and having trouble concentrating at work. I can't drink as much as I'd like because I was told off for leaving my desk too much to wee, so I have to drink all the water now I'm at home :(

Annanana said:
Day 4 ...

Pretty rough day, feeling faint and starving hungry and having trouble concentrating at work. I can't drink as much as I'd like because I was told off for leaving my desk too much to wee, so I have to drink all the water now I'm at home :(

Day 4 is usually the worst day, how u feeling now? Can u offer to stay on an extra 20mins at end if the day to make up for it?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just wanted to stop by and say hi and like others have said it does get better. If you can stick out the first week you should start to feel better.

Annanana said:
Day 4 ...

The peeing at first can be a bit much. I felt like I'm on the loo way too much! But I did find over time it got better and I didn't need to go as often.

Stick with it. I know it can be hard especially when we have to fit it around our job. Good luck. You can do it! :)

Back