Another idea for syn free chips!

Tia1976

Hello Everyone!
I watched an episode of "cook yourself slim" the other day and noticed that they made really delicious looking chips by cutting up come potatos into chips. In another bowl they whisked an egg white up and then put the chips and egg white into a bowl and mixed them. Added a tbsp of paprika and then put the chips on a baking tray and cooked them (turning them over twice) for about 25 mins in a hot oven. When they came out they looked liked fried chips.
Anyone else heard of this? tried this before?

actually that sounds like a great idea, will it not be almost like a batter, might give this a go next week.

ohhhh they sound like they're worth trying :) Think i will have them for tea. Did they part cook the potatoes first ? Thanks for the recipe x

ooooh this sounds yummy! defo gunna try them!

xxxxxxxxxxx

ohhhh they sound like they're worth trying :) Think i will have them for tea. Did they part cook the potatoes first ? Thanks for the recipe x

No they didn't, they just cut them into chips, mixed over the egg white and baked them. I might try them later actually. they did whisk the egg white for a while though!

i used to cook these years ago when i was on slimming world but couldnt remember how to do them uve just refreshed my memory :0) thanks x

If anyone makes these and can get a good pic can you post it here I am really curious to see what the home made ones are like!!!!! I might try tomorrow myself as am on original today, but on the tele - they looked fried!!!!

If anyone makes these and can get a good pic can you post it here I am really curious to see what the home made ones are like!!!!! I might try tomorrow myself as am on original today, but on the tele - they looked fried!!!!

You can make sw chips or these on original, just use your 227g jacket pot and cut it into chips :D

When you use an egg white for cooking like this is it still free? Only asking because there are some funny rules, like eating a piece of fruit is free but blending it into a smoothie isnt. Em x

^^ Yep, eggs are free in all forms. No funny ruling on that one (yet....)

Great idea btw, I'm definatley going to try this next time we have chips. Thank you.

Ooooo...certainly one for testing! Thank you for the suggestion Hun! Im making the kfc style chicken tomorrow for lunch and will give them a try then!!! Yummy!

I tried this after watching that programme, personally I didn't think they tasted any better than normal, tho they definitely looked better.

Back