Another kickstart question (NikkiH!? Help!)

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Marie_D, 31 March 2008 Social URL.

1. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I know this has come up several times before, but I just wanted to know how people have been using up their points during kickstart? I got the impression that people were just using the points through out the day whenever they wanted them, just like normal when following points...but...I was looking through my new ww magazine this morning, and is specifically says that kickstart is 18 points, but used up as follows...

3 points for breakfast
    5 points for lunch
    8 points for dinner
    2 points for milk

I didn't realise the rules of kickstart were that you had a certain amount of points per meal and no snacks, I thought it was just 18 points day to be used however/whenever you wanted.

Is that how everyone else has done it?....as per the 'rules', with no snacks and each meal using the points allocated as above?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  4. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I couldn't either, I need to snack - I'd rather skip all 3 meals and eat snacks all day myself, heehee

That's what it says in my magazine though :sigh:

I know Nikki did Kickstart so I'll be interested to know how she did it. She lost loads in her first week and I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have done it without snacks...but then again, maybe she did? Hmm...come on Nikki, set the record straight, how did you do it?!

5. NikkiH

NikkiH Likes to eat

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(17.13%)
    Diet:
    was weight watchers but are drifting apart, am having an affair with Lipotrim...
    Hi pet!!

Sorry, just a quickie as Im (supposed to be)working (ahem!!) :whistle:

No!! I didnt do that AT ALL - I used the 18 any way I felt like it - the usual - snacking and junk!!! :D best of luck xx mwah!! x

6. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.9%)
    i wanna try kick start but dont under stand this im stupid tho!!

7. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Its cutting back you points to 18 or 22 for the week, depending on your weight.

I think tho its more geared for you restarting or if youve hit a plateau to kickstart your metabolism, I think if I was you when youre only just on WW and had such a phenomenal weight loss last week, Id stick with regular points for now, but keep KS in mind if you hit a plateau

8. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.9%)
    Thanks for that,i only have 5lb to goal now,so would you suggest i stick to what im doing already? x

9. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Personally I would Gemma, you could be at goal in a matter of what a couple of weeks just on the regular plan :)

10. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I am so glad Nikki replied to say she used her 18 points a day on junk, lol (thanks Nikki!!). I think I'll give it a go after my weigh in next week. It wasn't really an option for this week because I was out on Friday and I'm out again this Friday so won't be able to do it next week either (if I'm gonna do it then I want to do it properly and really make sure I stick to my 18 points a day - no 'days off') so I'll give it a go for week 3. That's assuming I don't have a good loss this/next week on my normal points, because then I'll just be greedy and carry on with my full allowance, haha.

11. fatfighter

fatfighter wannabe yummy mummy

Start Weight:
    18st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(17.94%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Teehee good for you ;)
    After having a reduced number of points for a couple of weeks what are losses like when you go back to your normal points allowance?

12. Laurie

Laurie MM addict

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    i didnt see this thread when i wrote my own!
    i read the same artical too.
    it says nothing about 22 points, all it says is 18!
    im glade you can use them when you like cos i dont eat breakfast i'd rather save the points till evening when i normally snack more!
    i too will not start this week as have a couple of nights out that i need more points. really think i will next week tho ...good luck all x

13. linzi_lou

linzi_lou Full Member

hi, i have been looking at kickstart, i dont seem to be losing much the last couple of weeks, well this weekend was my own fault cheated on saturday night! and put on a pound. anyway i noticed on my points calculator the other day it says i should be on 18 points a day but i worked it out from the book i should be on 19 which is what ive been having dont know which of these is right,

i looked on the sticky though and i think id more likely be 18 than 19. i am currently 9stone 11.6lbs i have lost about 2 1/2 stone over the last couple yrs (v.slowley lol) my next goal is to get to 9 1/2 and then to 9 and see how i feel at that (i am only 5ft 2 1/2!), i have a holiday coming up end of august and want to try to do well for then. so i was wondering should i do kickstart or leave it and see how i go now im having 18 points a day and maybe do kickstart if needed closer to my hol? if i did do kickstart though how many points would i have as i am on 18 now anyway, would i just drop 1 or 2 points do you think?
    thanks x

14. Jools

Jools Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hello Mazza!

Wow you sound so cheerful and positive hun .. a real turnaround and thats great!

Hope kickstart goes well for you and I will be back to check!

xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.