Another newbie - some clarification

thejoyofanonymity

Hey everyone

So I've had a look through the really helpful newbie stickies and just had a wee clarification question that I couldn't find elsewhere.

I'm looking to do a 5:2 / 4:3 approach initially - and I'll tweak as I go. But I spotted that it's best on any version of the plans to leave a 16 hour fasting period before I eat again - is that right? So basically if I wanted to break my fast at 9am tomorrow morning, I should stop eating by 5pm tonight to get the most fat burning benefit? :) just want to make sure I'm making the fast time as beneficial as I can!

Hello,

I'm doing 4:3 at the moment and I've heard similar especially with regards to women getting into fat burning mode after a true fast (or whatever a water only fast is called). I've left eating as long as 20 hours (but mostly 18ish hours) and some of my best losses have come from that. I just find that I'm not always very hungry after a fast day so am happy to sip on water until lunch xx

Hey everyone So I've had a look through the really helpful newbie stickies and just had a wee clarification question that I couldn't find elsewhere. I'm looking to do a 5:2 / 4:3 approach initially - and I'll tweak as I go. But I spotted that it's best on any version of the plans to leave a 16 hour fasting period before I eat again - is that right? So basically if I wanted to break my fast at 9am tomorrow morning, I should stop eating by 5pm tonight to get the most fat burning benefit? :) just want to make sure I'm making the fast time as beneficial as I can! Thanks :)

Oh my! I just saw the date of your post! This section of the forum seems a tad quiet. Hopefully things will pick up!

Back