Another newbie to the site

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jillp, 17 June 2009 Social URL.

1. jillp

jillp Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(15.09%)
    Diet:
    Sureslim (previously Slimming World)
    Hi

I am living in Dubai and am struggling to lose weight. I started in September at 16st 8lbs and have made slow progress down to my current weight of 14 stone doing the Slimming World diet. I had been stuck for 8 weeks at the same weight but hopefully and on the downward trend again.

I heard about the TLC wellbeing diet recently - has anyone heard of it or tried it? You have to have blood tests done and then they produce a individual diet for you to follow. It's a one off payment of about £600 so it would have to be good for me to shell out that amount in one go. :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. I bet your weather is hotter than ours. Well done with SW and come over to the SW section for encouragement and support

Irene xx

4. jillp

jillp Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(15.09%)
    Diet:
    Sureslim (previously Slimming World)
    Thanks, Irene.

Yes it's pretty hot over here, currently 43 degrees at 09:35. It makes it tricky to get exercise fitted into the day. I get up at 0530 to walk the dog for an hour and then again after 9pm, otherwise you really need to be indoors.

Getting certain foods can be tricky too - Mullerlite have gelatine in them so are only available in Pork sections in a few shops. They sell out quickly, despite costing approx £1.50 each, and then it can be months before they are stocked again. Looking forward to coming home to the UK for a couple of weeks to get my fix of them though.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.