• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Another newbie

Hi everyone, this seems a very friendly place and I am looking for support to lose just under 5 stone.

I am at my heaviest weight ever - 4 stone has gone on in 10 years, I think I have been in denial! :sigh:

It seems a monstrous task, but my health is suffering, and it is really affecting my self esteem.

I am forty in approx 18 months time, so this is my 'time zone' to reach goal weight.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

debz32

Gold Member
Helloooo CurvyCat - and WELCOME to Minimins :D This site is FAB - u'll get loads of great advice and support !

Good luck for your weight loss journey !

love

Debz
xx

Hi Starlight

I am following the Jigsaw Slimming Plan. This week will be my first 'proper' week, I have had the information for some time, but not done anything about it.

But time is ticking away.............

I have been on loads of diets before, and lost weight and then put it back on. Now I believe the key is changes to eating habits over a long period of time. :)

SHAZA

Silver Member
Hiya Curvey Cat

Welcome to the most friendly and invalueable place on the net. 5 stone before your birthday ~ no problem you will do that easily

Whats the Jigsaw slimming Plan ~ never heard of that one

luv luv

Hi CC and welcome,

Everyone hers is fab and very supportive.

4 stone is definately doable

Good luck

Jo xx

Welcome aboard Curvy.
Good luck with your new plan - at my heaviest I had 12st to lose ... still got 5 to go so I know it can sometimes seem a huge task but with support on our part and perseverence on yours, you'll reach your goal in time for your 40th birthday! :)

tishtosh

Hopeful for the future
Fab weightloss RD

Welcome aboard Curvy.
Good luck with your new plan - at my heaviest I had 12st to lose ... still got 5 to go so I know it can sometimes seem a huge task but with support on our part and perseverence on yours, you'll reach your goal in time for your 40th birthday! :)
7 stone?? That's absolutely fabulous RD, bet you're chuffed.
I started off with 8+ to lose and it's daunting but I always get insiration from stories like yours.

tishtosh

Hopeful for the future
Well done Curvy cat - this is an inspiring, fun and friendly place to be: you just feel you have so many friends who will urge you on and we all know what's involved too.
A big welcome ...... :)

Russian Doll

Can I ask did you do loads of diets before. How did you get things started this time? What has kept you going? Is it easier now than before?

I am finding it difficult because I normally do eat alot of stuff (thats why I am 5 stones overweight!) I then feel resentful because I cannot eat what i want... and so on.:sigh:

It is hard to imagine me being slimmer and healthier at this moment in time. It is abit of a 'self defeating circle' I think.

Hi Curvy
I'm one of life's yo-yo dieters and have tried practically every diet going. Of the 'standard' types of diets, I found Rosemary Conley worked the best: I lost 6st on that about four years ago but, as always, I never reached goal. I tend to sabotage my efforts for some crazy reason .... I just always get disheartened and give up before completing the journey.

I regained almost all of the weight I lost before moving back down south (I lived in Yorkshire for 5 years) and started college full time because I wanted to go to University. Whilst at college, I became desperate about my weight and considered a gastric bypass. Before I took that drastic step, I decided to give Cambridge a go and started in march last year.

For six months I SSed without a break and got down to 12st 7lb by Christmas. For once it seemed like I'd actually reach my goal.
Unfortunately, I took my eye off the ball and pigged out over Christmas: by the New Year, I was 14st 2lb.

I simply couldn't get my head round SSing again and kept 'cheating' - however, I kept trying and by Feb I was back down to 13st.

Then I stupidly allowed my doctor to talk me into having a Depo Provera contraceptive jab on Feb 8th and everything went to rats after that.
I went into a hormonal tailspin that led me to a 3st gain in three months. Back up to almost 16st again, I became despondant and tried, unsuccessfully, to SS. It's notoriously difficult to restart on CD (so take my advice and take a good run at this - dont' stop til you get to goal!) I slipped into a pattern of 'feast and famine' ... binges follwed by strict SSing: a slippery slope to nowhere good!

At the moment, I'm giving the Upday Downday diet a go which involves a day of SS and a day of 'normal' eating in the hope I can start moving in the right direction again.
My losses (if any) won't be as dramatic as SS on CD but I need to get some sort of control and find a plan I can live with long term.

Good luck with your journey - we'll all be here to support you through it :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Introductions 2
Introductions 1
Exante - Total Solution 100% 1
Introductions 2
Introductions 1