Another newbie :)

gemini89

Hello:)
Another newbie moving over from SW. I joined WW online last year and managed to lose a stone, i then moved over to SW and lost another stone and felt pretty happy at 9st7lbs (target was 9stone). However, i let it get out of control, got completely fed up of SW and i'm now at 10st11lbs:cry::cry:
After hearing a stranger call me a 'fat bird' as i walked past him at the weekend, i decided i'd had enough. I feel as though i can't go out anymore, none of my clothes fit and hate being around all of my friends. So...it's time for me to stop complaining and start losing.
I'm back on WW online and feeling really motivated to shift this weight...a little confused by propoints but i'll get my head around it :)
Look forward to getting to know you all!
Zoe

Hey!

Welcome to ww! Firstly, welldone in deciding to join ww again, its the first step on your new journey to a skinnier you. Secondly, i know its hard when strangers say horrible things about you. Infact i overheard someone say something similar about me and i swore at him and screamed "I've lost 5stone you douche!!" lol, well it made me feel better, he looked quite scared lol!

Good luck chick xx

Another newbie moving over from SW. I joined WW online last year and managed to lose a stone, i then moved over to SW and lost another stone and felt pretty happy at 9st7lbs (target was 9stone). However, i let it get out of control, got completely fed up of SW and i'm now at 10st11lbs:cry::cry:
After hearing a stranger call me a 'fat bird' as i walked past him at the weekend, i decided i'd had enough. I feel as though i can't go out anymore, none of my clothes fit and hate being around all of my friends. So...it's time for me to stop complaining and start losing.
I'm back on WW online and feeling really motivated to shift this weight...a little confused by propoints but i'll get my head around it :)
Look forward to getting to know you all!
Zoe

Some people are really ignorant, don't let them get the better of you. Good luck with WW:D

I know exactly how you feel- I got it when I hit my heaviest weight of 12st 4lbs and when I was losing :( Most of the time in my case it were men who shouted at me about my legs or just being fat- old and young. It's horrible :( - especially as I was only 17 at that weight and looked about 15 so I hardly looked older and could "cope with being called that". And they did it in such a blunt way- funny how they always tried to look down my top though even though I was a 'fat *****' :rolleyes:

It happened yesterday in fact- the names, not ogling lol- by a young guy on a bike- and I weigh 9 st 12 lbs now; I'm healthy!

Good luck :D

people can be really vile! i hope you do great on the plan, you clearly know what you are doing so you will do, im sure. The last time i had comments from 2 men in the street I turned and said 'yeah Im fat and i could gain another 5 stone and NEVER lower myself touch a bloke like you!' I dont know what it is about being big that makes other people think they can comment on your appearance?! unreal. have a great 1st week back chuck xxxx

God that's so hurtful, I've had that in the street before whilst pushing my daugter in her buggy uphill which isn't the most glamorous of positions to be in (it was a really steep hill) and some lads shouted I was a hippo! This upset me but had the opposite effect of comfort eating!
I had some friends stay with us and she had lost a lot of weight on WW and she suggested to my husband that I do it. That was hurtful too, however I have joined online and I'm going to start doing it in secret but only because I'm stubborn and won't except the truth. I've been doing it since Friday my husband works away so I've settled into it ok I think anyway at the mo! I've picked up loads of tips on this site so do feel positive I can do it and will tell a few close people when I'm ready!

Thanks for all the replies.
Sorry that some of you have experienced similar things, but it's also nice to know there's people who know how i feel. I was just walking past and he said sarcastically 'Sh, nobody make fun of the fat bird', then a group of them started laughing. I guess some people just don't know how hurtful their words can be.

I'm going to have a read of some food diaries now to give myself some ideas, i think it will be a tough first couple of weeks while i get my head around the propoints and also try and break the bad habits i've got into!

Zoe

Back