Another newbie!!

Whiteybitey

Hey everyone!

I've been lurkin around the boards the last few weeks and have eventually started after a 4 week stint on slim and save (vlcd) to boost my loss. I only really want to lose another stone and was starting to struggle on s&s so thought I'd be better starting this before I was completely scunnered!

I have a few worries that I'm hoping to ease so looking for some advice?

I plan to exercise on my dd is this ok? This is personal preference because I really struggle to exercise when I've eaten alot and have exercised continuously throughout the vlcd and experienced no problems so is the reason you're advise against it incase you feel faint etc or could it affect the diet?

Also are people eating good or bad calories or their UD? I have dieted so long that I eat alot of naturally low fat n low calorie food n I don't really want to go down the route of eating bad calories for the sake of eating my recommended 2300 cals a day so what do I do? It's so hard to lose the 'diet' mindset!!

I'm goin to start a diary so please all feel free to follow me n hopefully point me in the right direction!!x

Regarding exercise some do, many don't..it will really depend on how you feel. Purely from the 'health' aspect it would not make sense to do really serious strength training or try to run 5K, because you may start to run into serious energy problems as you would quickly be totting up a massive calorie deficit and your body may struggle to convert enough fat to energy as quickly as it needs it. The main thing to remember is drink plenty of fluids whilst exercising and dont push it.
I try to eat good calories on an UD..with a couple of treats as well

A big 'welcome' to you Whitey!!

It's a fab diet, you'll love it! I eat good and bad calories on up days which have included Chinese take away, steak diane and fish and chips! I don't calorie count, just enjoy myself and have a good mixture of good and bad ;-)

I have lost 8lbs in 3 weeks, and many more fatty inches from all over!

Good luck!

Xx

Hey everyone!

I've been lurkin around the boards the last few weeks and have eventually started after a 4 week stint on slim and save (vlcd) to boost my loss. I only really want to lose another stone and was starting to struggle on s&s so thought I'd be better starting this before I was completely scunnered!

I have a few worries that I'm hoping to ease so looking for some advice?

I plan to exercise on my dd is this ok? This is personal preference because I really struggle to exercise when I've eaten alot and have exercised continuously throughout the vlcd and experienced no problems so is the reason you're advise against it incase you feel faint etc or could it affect the diet?

Also are people eating good or bad calories or their UD? I have dieted so long that I eat alot of naturally low fat n low calorie food n I don't really want to go down the route of eating bad calories for the sake of eating my recommended 2300 cals a day so what do I do? It's so hard to lose the 'diet' mindset!!

I'm goin to start a diary so please all feel free to follow me n hopefully point me in the right direction!!x
Hi and welcome, the reason exercise is discouraged on a DD is because you have too few cals on board, however some on here do so you just have to start off slowly and see what works for you, you can't earn cals back on a DD though its all about cals in not so much cals used if that makes sense. Also there is absolutely no need to eat rubbish in order for you to reach your cals on an UP day this is a common myth that you are going to have to eat junk food. You can eat whatever you like and most of my UP days include Chocolate or cake and my weekend UPs contain chips or take away , cheesecake need I go on lol . But on the whole I like to think my diet is fairly healthy. Get yourself thinking about wholesome foods rather than low cal etc and you may be surprised how calorific some healthy foods are.
A typical day for me would be Special K and 2 slices wholemeal toast brekkie (500 cals) , fresh soup, roll , yoghurt lunchtime (600 cals) jacket potato and chilli or curry and jacket or shepherds pie and veg or chicken pittas etc 700/800 cals leaving me with cals left for my milk allowance and a treat comes to about 2200 2300.
None of that is junk food ;)

Back