Another one here starting CD mon 27 100%

angelupnorth

Gold Member
Hi all,

I will be getting around 3 weeks supply from a friend who has given up with CD, her loss will help my loss lol.

Ive never tried the diet before and as my other half is off work all weekend so that wont be the best time for me to start. Hence planning to start Monday.
I am off work until at least March 5th so all being well I will be into the swing of things before I go back to work.

I will weigh myself once a week and post updates ( hope I figure out how to do a thing at the bottom of my posts )

At the moment I am around 17 and half stone and would love to be around 13st for our wedding in Sept. We're off to Vegas for our honeymoon and I don't want to be wedged into the airline seat !

Any tips or motivational words of wisdom welcome x x x

Hellooooooooooo and welcome =) Yip the first few days are the worst to get over but after them it gets so much easier... biggest tip is make sure you drink plenty of water!!! and next tip is to come on here any time you feel like you gona cheat reading how well other people have done will help you and everyone gives such great support. Good luck.

Thanks for the response,
I'm going to stock up on a few books to try and get my mind onto something other than food. Its not usually a problem during the day, Its evenings where I struggle. I think the hardest bit is going to be watching others eat and I'm worried it will annoy me ( hope that doesn't sound bad ) x

It does not sound bad at all i really know the feeling!! You just gotta get your head in it and you will be fine trust me i work at a caff food around me all the time people eating all the time and i im aloud to eat what i want there but i have not slipped up once, wont say it was easy the first week was HELL but i got through it and now the smells of food i still find yummy but i dont have that feeling any-more like being angry cos i cant have it i simply dont want to have it my head is so in this i want to be slim!!! I planned to start on a monday too but got to monday i just didnt feel like i was 100% ready so i only ended up starting the wednesday and im now in week 7 and to be honest it has flown by =D You will do great you giving yourself time to build up to it which i think helps.

angelupnorth said:
Hi all,

I will be getting around 3 weeks supply from a friend who has given up with CD, her loss will help my loss lol.

Ive never tried the diet before and as my other half is off work all weekend so that wont be the best time for me to start. Hence planning to start Monday.
I am off work until at least March 5th so all being well I will be into the swing of things before I go back to work.

I will weigh myself once a week and post updates ( hope I figure out how to do a thing at the bottom of my posts )

At the moment I am around 17 and half stone and would love to be around 13st for our wedding in Sept. We're off to Vegas for our honeymoon and I don't want to be wedged into the airline seat !

Any tips or motivational words of wisdom welcome x x x

Hi hun so got you joining me on monday thats nice to know then. Like you im 17 stone im 5'9 and would love to get to 11 stone seems a lot i know. I did manage to get to 12 stone with weight watchers in the past then like most thought i would never get big ever again. I found out my ex husband of 7 years was cheating.! The time i get slim his cheating. Guess he couldnt take the attention on myself. I ate myself big again by comfort eating

Yolande said:
It does not sound bad at all i really know the feeling!! You just gotta get your head in it and you will be fine trust me i work at a caff food around me all the time people eating all the time and i im aloud to eat what i want there but i have not slipped up once, wont say it was easy the first week was HELL but i got through it and now the smells of food i still find yummy but i dont have that feeling any-more like being angry cos i cant have it i simply dont want to have it my head is so in this i want to be slim!!! I planned to start on a monday too but got to monday i just didnt feel like i was 100% ready so i only ended up starting the wednesday and im now in week 7 and to be honest it has flown by =D You will do great you giving yourself time to build up to it which i think helps.

Wow hun you have done fantastic again its our head i was told its a our fat head that gets us to eat. Its the head that does it when we give in. 7 weeks so is it much easier by that time? Well done again

Wow hun you have done fantastic again its our head i was told its a our fat head that gets us to eat. Its the head that does it when we give in. 7 weeks so is it much easier by that time? Well done again

Thanks hun, yip it is all in our heads!! By the end of week 1 it was alot easier i was suprised how easy it was and how fast it has gone by actually, i do have the odd bad day when i really miss food but i distract myself and its ok.. The last 3 days have been tough for me i seem to have super smelling powers i smell any food from a mile away :D But today i was fine again i have alot more good days than bad and for me it helps i think to have those tough days cos when i reach goal i will think how hard this was at times and would never want to put myself through it again so i will not binge eat again.. Must say tho the worst part for me is the lack of socal life you end up giving up alot more than food while doing this :mad: BUT its not forever.

Any top tips to get me ready ?

I feel prepared in my mind and am quite excited.

Off to get a blender and beaker tomorrow along with a note book so I can log things.

Ive emailed a few local consultants this evening as I want one ready for when my packs run out. I have roughly 3 weeks but may not like them all although there is a good mix of flavours, both shakes and soups which is good.

Is it possible to buy ketosis testing strips ? I'm very curious about how long it takes for me to get into it as I often don't eat for 12 to 18 hours ( I know its bad but I work shifts )

Any tips welcome x

You can buy ketostix from chemists - I bought mine from Boots, I think they cost about £5 but that was about a year and a half ago...

Thanks for response,
Are they on the shelf or did you have to ask ? Will pick some up tomorrow x

Yolande said:
Thanks hun, yip it is all in our heads!! By the end of week 1 it was alot easier i was suprised how easy it was and how fast it has gone by actually, i do have the odd bad day when i really miss food but i distract myself and its ok.. The last 3 days have been tough for me i seem to have super smelling powers i smell any food from a mile away :D But today i was fine again i have alot more good days than bad and for me it helps i think to have those tough days cos when i reach goal i will think how hard this was at times and would never want to put myself through it again so i will not binge eat again.. Must say tho the worst part for me is the lack of socal life you end up giving up alot more than food while doing this :mad: BUT its not forever.

Yes mate i must say im like that regarding soical events i will be giving all of them a miss i know theres a lot of people who can still go to such events with their cd product but eh i wont be able to do that unless not at da start. I couldnt be around anyone eating.chocolate at first im fine now (its been 4 or 5 years since i last had a bite of any) amazing how important we make food seem eh?

Hi, Angel, wish you all the best on your CD journey!

Have a read of a few diaries as that will help you. In particular Spangles' weightloss journey is very inspiring although I confess I have gone off plan now and again so have stayed the same for two weeks.

Ketostix you can get from Boots, but they have a policy that doesn't allow them to sell unless you are a diabetic. However, my experience was one Boots store refused to sell me it but another didn't even ask if they were for me or if I was diabetic.

You'll probably get into ketosis within 3 days possibly even in 2 if you reduce the carbs before you start or exericse or walk a lot beforehand. I found that by 3 day I was in ketosis.

Thanks Kira,
I'm so excited I'm going to start tomorrow ! I will get weighed today and take it easy on the carbs. Cane believe how excited I am by it all. Finding this group great. Found a few CD people on twitter and on face book so the extra support is fab.
I had thought my hubby to be would frown upon it but he's been ok ( not fantastic but ok, which is better than I thought lol )
Will pop to boots and if they question me I will say they are for a diabetic friend.
Thanks again for response,
Please excuse any typos currently on my mobile x

Any top tips to get me ready ?

I feel prepared in my mind and am quite excited.

Off to get a blender and beaker tomorrow along with a note book so I can log things.

Ive emailed a few local consultants this evening as I want one ready for when my packs run out. I have roughly 3 weeks but may not like them all although there is a good mix of flavours, both shakes and soups which is good.

Is it possible to buy ketosis testing strips ? I'm very curious about how long it takes for me to get into it as I often don't eat for 12 to 18 hours ( I know its bad but I work shifts )

Any tips welcome x

I felt exactly the same when i started my mind was set and i was very excited which is odd ha ha who gets excited about going on such a restrictive diet??? :D Its because we know if we stick to it, it will work :D
You will be sound you have prepared yourself mentally for this..and if you feel like you are a bit down or anything come on here. Its great getting support from people who know what youare going through. Almost time to start GOOD LUCK :p

Yes mate i must say im like that regarding soical events i will be giving all of them a miss i know theres a lot of people who can still go to such events with their cd product but eh i wont be able to do that unless not at da start. I couldnt be around anyone eating.chocolate at first im fine now (its been 4 or 5 years since i last had a bite of any) amazing how important we make food seem eh?

Oh tell me about it my whole life revolved around food.. Im the same i have given all social events a miss cos i dont trust myself enough i will eventually but not yet :p I guess its a small price to pay tho for getting my life back :D

Yolande said:
Oh tell me about it my whole life revolved around food.. Im the same i have given all social events a miss cos i dont trust myself enough i will eventually but not yet :p I guess its a small price to pay tho for getting my life back :D

True hun its good we know our weaknesses and avoid what makes us weak. Its like heres a example. A woman avoids walking through the park alone at night. She then takes up martial arts. She now walks through the park at night lol now is that wise or unwise?

Hope you are all doing well. I was meant to start on the 29th Feb, but put this off until the 5th March since that weekend was an 'event' weekend that seemed like to big a temptation!

Doing great thanks 25lb in 5 weeks so very happy ;-)

How you getting on x x x

Back