Another piece of the puzzle

hennyhamster

Silver Member
Anxiety, depression and paranoia turned me into a hermit. .
I wouldn't go anywhere alone. Food was my comfort, I was turning to chocolate, alcohol and crisps.
Last year something clicked, I would drink alcohol and be even more depressed the following day so I decided that enough was enough. I went from drinking 3-4 days a week to once a month, I realised that it wasn't worth it.
Secondly I decided that I was sick of feeling constantly exhausted and needing naps in the day due to my poor diet. I couldn't bear the sight of myself in the mirror and knew that my weight was only going to creep up if I didn't do something about it. I joined Slimming World. Just two weeks into it and I don't need my afternoon naps! I can now go to bed and fall asleep within half an hour, before it took two hours to drop off!
A few weeks ago my friend gave me some advice, she said that if I continued the way that I was and only left the house if another person was with me then I would never get better. At first this came as a shock and I thought she was being mean. After some consideration I realised that she was right, I had to do something about it. So in the past week I have began going out alone and it hasn't been anywhere near as bad as I had expected.
I've been going to college and have just finished my course and I begin my second one tomorrow.
I think of my life as a jigsaw puzzle and each new thing I achieve is another part completed. Hopefully the pieces will all come together eventually!

Last edited:
Ok, today I've had:
350ml skimmed milk (A)
35g porridge (B) with frozen berries and fat free natural yog
hifi bar (B)
Mug shot, carrots, apple, mandarins

Pasta with onions, garlic, mushrooms, tomatoes, sweetcorn, fat free natural yog with potatoes on top

syns
1/2 tb spoon parmesan 1
pink and white 2.5
curly wurly 6
light hifi 3
options hot choc 2.5

First time I've had all my syns since I started, convinced that I've eaten too much!

350ml skimmed milk A
6 laughing cow extra light A
35g porridge oats B
frozen berries
pot shot
carrots
apple
mandarins
pasta, tomatoes, onions, garlic, mushrooms and potatoes.

Last edited:
Well done you :D I used to be similar probably not as bad. I didn't drink (still don't) but chocolate i'd eat til it came out of my ears. I never went anywhere without someone. I didn't want to go uni for fear i'd have to move away from home, i did go though but commuted a hour drive everyday. First time i stayed away from home was last december with a friend, and now i'm thinking about going to sheffield to meet a friend but i'll be staying in a hotel on my own. I'd never ad considered even doing that a few years ago. It all takes time, but in the end we get there :)

Thankyou hun, bless you. It's a struggle isn't it but we can get through it!
Just got back from college studying adult mathematics, gosh it's hard work!

I'm useless at maths, always have been, only passed one of my units in uni cos the lecturer pretty much gave me extra tuition in all the maths stuff literally up until an hour before the exam. I really suck at it!

Feel like I'm eating way too much. Had to have lunch early as I had college. I came home at half two and was starving. Snacked on superfree but then had 2 bowls of the pasta :(
Still have all my syns and a B choice. If anyone sees this have I had too much?
I know that need to get more veggies in with my meals. Increased my fluid intake and less constipated. Had 15 minutes on just dance 4 and looking forward to my vanilla biscuit scented bubble bath!

Congratulations on making that initial change - sounds like the hard bit for you is done by conquering those habits - every credit to you. :)

I'm only new to this but from what I've read on here and been frantically searching the world wide web, it sounds like you're doing great! Try not to be discouraged - if I feel like I've had a blip I compare what I consider a blip now to what I used to be eating on a daily basis and think it's got to be better than that!

Anxiety, depression and paranoia turned me into a hermit. .
I wouldn't go anywhere alone. Food was my comfort, I was turning to chocolate, alcohol and crisps.
Last year something clicked, I would drink alcohol and be even more depressed the following day so I decided that enough was enough. I went from drinking 3-4 days a week to once a month, I realised that it wasn't worth it.
Secondly I decided that I was sick of feeling constantly exhausted and needing naps in the day due to my poor diet. I couldn't bear the sight of myself in the mirror and knew that my weight was only going to creep up if I didn't do something about it. I joined Slimming World. Just two weeks into it and I don't need my afternoon naps! I can now go to bed and fall asleep within half an hour, before it took two hours to drop off!
A few weeks ago my friend gave me some advice, she said that if I continued the way that I was and only left the house if another person was with me then I would never get better. At first this came as a shock and I thought she was being mean. After some consideration I realised that she was right, I had to do something about it. So in the past week I have began going out alone and it hasn't been anywhere near as bad as I had expected.
I've been going to college and have just finished my course and I begin my second one tomorrow.
I think of my life as a jigsaw puzzle and each new thing I achieve is another part completed. Hopefully the pieces will all come together eventually!

Best of luck with your weight loss journey.
I'm sure you'll do well.

Thankyou guys! Feeling really good this morning, sure that my belly looks flatter! Fingers crossed for weigh in tomorrow.
After weigh in I'm going out shopping with Mum and niece tomorrow with lunch at Nandos. Checked the menu and found the lower syn meals so should be ok.

Oh Nandos, everyone loves nandos' Found the lemon and herb nando seasoning in tesco last night, so i shall be indulging in that at some point haha

Oh dear, mood swing :( Feel like crying over little things. I get like this sometimes. This is when I would normally binge but surprisingly I have no appetite at all, what's that all about?
Went on the Depo provera shot in October, totally screwed me up so didn't have anymore shots, hope my body gets back to normal soon. Could be brave and make myself go out for a walk, that may help my mood but it's raining! Should probably save my pennies for shopping tomorrow!
Oh yeah! Just remembered I was going to do some baking today! I'll do that!

I get bad mood swings/depressive moments, i don't get them as often or quite as bad as i used too, but when i do get them they hit me hard. Music and doing something I love find helps me the most.

Went into the kitchen to bake and put the radio on to cheer myself up.. what came on? Nothing compares to you... that has to be one of the saddest songs ever!
Got a pasta quiche, egg custard and beef stew on the go.

Typical ain't it, when you don't want a sad song you get one!

Just thought I'd say hi. :)

Studying adult mathematics must be tough!! I'm at university studying English and History and so I know how hard losing weight and studying can be. For me, being trapped in a room under a mountain of books usually resulted in me eating silly amounts of chocolate! lol.

Hi Laura thanks for reading :)
Just have to share this! I've just had some sort of curry creation! Tastes like korma but the chicken is spicy because I used red curry paste :eek:
I fried chicken with onion and garlic then added the paste. Next I put a few mushrooms in and a tiny bit of chicken stock. The paste didn't seem to be coating the chicken very well so I added a bit of tandoori spice. I made sure it was all cooked through and took it off the hob. Then... (magic ingredient) ... I added a coconut mullerlight!
Tastes absolutely gorgeous. I do have to syn the curry paste but I think it is only 1 or 2 syns a tablespoon.

Fuming! Weigh in this morning and I had lost 1lb, that's only 3lb since I started 2 weeks ago. I'm furious because I have worked so hard! All the fruit I snack on is either a speed or a superspeed and I have always been under my syns.
Somehow I've managed to behave today. I had lunch at Nandos and had a meal for 6 1/2 syns, I went in an olde world sweetshop and all I bought was a packet of flying saucers.
What else can I do? Maybe I should have the full 15 syns a day :(

Still here! Had a tough couple of days where my body has been screaming out for chocolate. Sunday I managed to keep to 10 syns and yesterday I just crept over 15 by 1/2 a syn. Very frustrated at my slow losses but figure it may be down to my meds.

Just keep battling on, all you can do is keep experimenting until you find whats right for you. Make sure you are drinking enough, Try using more syns, try switching to red/green days.

It could be the meds though, but i lost slow on meds and blamed them, came off them and still lost slow.

Back