Another restart diary

MoreRosie

Hello!
I've just reintroduced myself in the newbies section.
To cut a long story short, I stopped smoking in October and have put on a massive amount of weight.
In 2000, I lost 5 stones on slimming world, so this increase feels dreadful.
Alongside the increase in dress size, I feel depressed and low.
So, new start! Can't wait for that lovey clean feeling :).
Going to a new group on Thursday.

I will be doing a mix of red, green and extra easy, depending on meals! I'm also doing dryathalon, which will hopefully help my mood and weight loss!

Breakfast.
Frozen forest fruits and 0%fat Greek yog.

Lunch
2 quorn sausages, salad leaves and slimming world coleslaw (3 syns for sausages and extra light mayo)

Tea
Pizza topped chicken and sw wedges

A. Milk and cheese
B. jacket wedges

Wish me luck!

Hello, I'm restarting again, I started in June last year but I've just had so much happen I've properly put on most of the weight I loss back on and I'm starting again on the 8th of January. I'm looking for more friends on here to help support me on my diary and on theres to keep my motivation up. Fancy it? xx

Definitely up for it and more than happy to support and encourage :).
Really pleased to have someone to share my journey with!
Are you going to a group or from home? X

Joining a new group on Thursday and will buy a 12 week countdown too. Agree that it's much easier that way and I feel even more committed if that makes sense?!
No idea what this group is like, but it's really important to get the right one. The last one I went to was really cliquey which didn't help!
Is your group any good?

There is a set group, usually those who run it, they disappeared so I showed an interest and began weighing people in and became part of the set people, then the other 3 came back and well I was out of the set people, it could be a small reason ehy I stopped staying tbh. I made my own click tho, 3 of us, you'll just attach to peoole slowly, speak often, use your speaking time to ssk for advice, mention things youve found and the group remembers you better.

Apart from the above, my groups good, its my second and my first was very bad... I got no support at all. :/ ive only ever lost a st to a st and a half on sw.

Do you have much choice around yours?

Good advice. Thanks!!!
Yep, lots of groups which is good in someways! Staying to group is really important so I'd like to get one that I feel comfortable in but also fits in with work.

Today we're off to Norfolk to stay with family and celebrate a 40th wedding anniversary. My dad, brother and nan will all be there. Staying until Thursday with lots of activities planned including paintball long and skiing.
Fun but dangerous!!!

I'll be aiming to stay close to plan and then straight to group on Thursday night.

As we're staying in a very remote location, I will be absent for a few days :)

Plan for today.
Breakfast: porridge oats and frozen summer fury with Greek yog.

Lunch: omelette with salad

Tea: out of my control!!!

Looks like a red day to be on the safe side! Although could change to ee if I have an omelette without cheese and drink green or peppermint tea.

Have fun! And Happy New Year :). X

I've had porridge with water today. I'm feeling really unwell, have work at 3pm till 10:30pm. Really don't feel well enough but I'm off again tomorrow so. x

I've had porridge with water today. I'm feeling really unwell, have work at 3pm till 10:30pm. Really don't feel well enough but I'm off again tomorrow so. x

How are you feeling now?

Finally back and ready to commit to plan 100%.
Not been brilliant at all! So here goes!
Did a fair amount of freezer cooking yesterday with more to do later. Tomato soup, veg soup, carrot and ginger soup, ratatouille and vegetable tagine!
Back to work tomorrow and feeling very very low.

Breakfast: raspberry muller and berries
Lunch: left over sw ham quiche
Tea: vegetable tagine

It's a red day today!
Hea on milk and cheese
Heb on potato with the tagine

Walking the dog and 40 mins in gym planned!
How are you getting on? X

Back to work tomorrow so posting my food diary now.
Rejoining group tomorrow as I desperately need some help and motivation. Will be buying a 12 week countdown.

Anyway, less of the negative and more positive!

Breakfast: defrosted berries
Lunch: carrot and ginger soup
Tea: omelette before group at 7.30pm

Suspect that I may have closer to 3 stones to lose. I have scales at home, but the batteries have run out. I'm not going to replace them and just rely on group weighing. Never been this brave before :).

Will report in after group, at least things can only improve!!!

Hi Rosie!!
Think we've all got the back to work blues. I for one stayed in my pyjamas til about 3pm. Had a shower and washed my hair and then got in another pair of pyjamas!
What a waste of the day!
Did you get some more batch cooking done? I've made enough speed soup to last a lifetime. It's nice knowing its there when you need it though.
How was your trip away?
I expect you already know this, but unless going for a pee is annoying you because you've been so often, you're not drinking enough! :p

How are you feeling now?

Finally back and ready to commit to plan 100%.
Not been brilliant at all! So here goes!
Did a fair amount of freezer cooking yesterday with more to do later. Tomato soup, veg soup, carrot and ginger soup, ratatouille and vegetable tagine!
Back to work tomorrow and feeling very very low.

Breakfast: raspberry muller and berries
Lunch: left over sw ham quiche
Tea: vegetable tagine

It's a red day today!
Hea on milk and cheese
Heb on potato with the tagine

Walking the dog and 40 mins in gym planned!
How are you getting on? X

Whenever I freezer cook, I never feel like eating it again so it gets left in the freezer for months lol.

Hi Rosie!!
Think we've all got the back to work blues. I for one stayed in my pyjamas til about 3pm. Had a shower and washed my hair and then got in another pair of pyjamas!
What a waste of the day!
Did you get some more batch cooking done? I've made enough speed soup to last a lifetime. It's nice knowing its there when you need it though.
How was your trip away?
I expect you already know this, but unless going for a pee is annoying you because you've been so often, you're not drinking enough! :p

oh yes! The frequent trips to the toilet are one of the things that I actually look forward too - weird!
Trip away was amazing. Lovely family time.

Well back at work, could be worse! I like the fact that you stayed in pjs for a whole day!

yes, did a fair amount of cooking. Like you PandaNate, I find that the freezer can become a black whole, but I'm determined to not waste food this year :).
Just enjoying my carrot and ginger soup as I'm typing this - lovely and warming.

Hope that you're all having a lovely day. x

Why Thursday? I'm Wednesday but I can't stay to group because I have a job to do before 9pm >.< I feel naughty weighing and leaving!

Morning!
Well - an eventful few days for me.
Went to the doctors on Wednesday, just as I was putting on my coat, she asked if she could take my blood pressure. Anyway, it was amazingly high 187/110. Quite shocked.
I've got to go on 24 hour monitoring and then probably on medication.
So...it makes the need to shoft this 2 stone and 1 lb even more important! Went back to group last night and got a 12 week countdown. Totally on plan and really enjoyed myself.
So - new diet, with no salt or fatty foods. It will make my choices even more restricted. Unable to drink alcohol either, so my syns will have to be used on super healthly choices as opposed to 'nice' food.

Right. Day 1 (again)

Breakfast - black coffee and an apple (I know...)
Lunch - left over quiche with lean ham, spring onions and tomatoes (HEA - cheese)
Tea - TBC - I'll update later, but quite fancy a jacket with chilli.

Wish me luck!

Oh dear :( I've never really understood blood pressure, but does anything under 110 mean good and above mean bad? xx

Back