Another restarter!

Caz

Repeat Offender
I'm back again, like many people at the moment, with my tail between my legs :break_diet: I did Cambridge Diet about 3 years ago and lost 4 stone on it but had to give up because of finances, it was too expensive whilst I was a student. Over 2 years I put most of that back on again and towards the end of 2011 started calorie counting. It worked well for me and I lost 3 stone, reaching my lowest ever adult weight (still a fairly big 16st 12lbs) but then I met a lovely new man in March 2012 and my focus shifted. Suddenly I didn't feel so horrible about myself, there wasn't such a rush to get the weight off. He did Exante to lose about 4 stone so I knew that he understood, we were both very supportive of each other to keep on losing but we got comfortable, too comfortable. More eating out, less watching the calories and the lbs started creeping back on again. Since March I've lost about 3 stone, but unfortunately it's the same stone over and over again! I started Slim and Save in November and we were doing ok with it but then Christmas happened and with so many things coming up I decided to just enjoy it and start again in the new year. So I started again yesterday, weighing a massive 18st 4lbs. I'm determined to see it through this time though. No more excuses, no more breaks, just keep on going. I have no doubt that I'll stumble and slip up but I HAVE to get back up and carry on. I can't carry on my life like this, though I'm happy with my life, I'm not happy with my body and how it impacts my life. I want to feel happy and confident to do anything. I don't want to worry about having days out to things like Go Ape or Alton Towers. So I'm not going to let it hold me back anymore, I'm going to get this weight off once and for all and live life to the full. I'm going to start that now though, no more waiting til I get there. This has turned into a rather long ramble and I don't know why really, sorry! If you got this far without getting bored, I'm impressed!! So many great supportive people on this site and particularly this section, with that help I think we can all do this.

hi Caroline
can I join you in restarting? I lost loads on s&s last year and then switched to low carbing. Well life went to pot towards the end of last year and I lost complete control of my eating and the old habits of comfort eating returned :(

Don't look it as returning with your tail between your legs, think of it as a positive decision to say enough is enough! I know a lot of people that are still talking about their new years diet rather than just starting it. The house is still full of xmas food and the approach in previous years would have been lets eat it first and then start the diet! Starting on 1st Jan has probably saved me from another half stone gain at least.

I'm on day 3 today and waiting for a new food delivery. I need to update my stats later as well. Here's to a positive year for all us restarters and new starters :)

Well at least you've made the right decision to come back and do something about it rather than getting even worse. I hope whatever happened towards the end of last year is ok now.

We made the decision (I'm doing it with my boyfriend and I'm at his at the moment) to have up until New Years Day, starting again on the 2nd. Until then we could work our way through Christmas food/alcohol but what wasn't gone by then was being given away or put in the bin. Had a massive tin of Roses unopened so just gave those away and threw other bits away. Didn't want to have anything around to tempt us!

I know a lot of people who were saying 'in the new year' and still haven't done it too. We were determined that we'd start on the 2nd, no excuses. Normally I get into ketosis quite well but it's not liking me this time! Quite hungry and got a bad head, if only I could go to sleep and wake up next week in ketosis!

just keep drinking the water and take some paracetamol if the headaches get bad. I have what I call the mental munchies - my tummy isn't hungry but my brain is either thinking about food or constantly saying 'just eat it'! I know it will pass and I WILL be slim for summer :)

back and giving out the fighting talk thats what i like. good luck ladies. im with you every step of the way. Im a long hauler and on day 3. Soo proud of us all for stepping up

xx

Nice one - it's good to have a supportive partner, especially someone who has watched his weight too

I am also a restarter, i did s&s and lost quite abit and then it went to pots, i have told people to not offer me food, offer to take me out etc, Though i do this mad thing and make food for everyone else, OH got a nice surpise this morning with a bacon and egg sandwich for him waking up too :-S and i do tend to bake more, think i have to rain that in. I am also sick of being unhealthy, not buying the clothes i want :(

Good luck :)

This is harder than I remember it being! More hungry than usual and had a bad head all day. Bring in ketosis! Though I find the worst part isn't the physical hunger, it's what goes on in my head, just like you said hooked. We're talking about going on holiday this summer, possibly back to Thailand where I lived for a bit. If I go back I want people to see the 'new me' so it's good motivation. Even if we just have a normal holiday I want to feel comfortable. I want to be ok in a bathing suit by the pool and on the beach, not feeling like a beached whale!

Back