Another returnee!

StripedDaisy

A sucker for a key change
Hi all,

I did SnS starting January 2013 and it went well - but I forgot to be sensible when it came to refeed and went mad thinking i would be starting again in a week so indulged in every single bit of bad food available (quite a few wonka jelly slabs of choc and cookies). Unfortunately this spiralled into months of bad choices which was strange as I don't eat bad stuff generally (I'm just greedy) but I just kept doing it over and over again. I half heartedly re-started a few times but never got further than 3 or 4 days.

I actually believe the going without triggered a terrible mindset so I am determined not to do that again. I know I have read numerous threads saying the same and really believed that would never be me. I went from 15.1 down to 12.7 and felt so much better. As of yesterday, I was a shocking 15.7. Day one is over and I've dropped 3lbs of water already. I know one of the keys for me is to hang out here alot. But I've noticed that the forum is quieter than it was this time last year. Is that because members stick with the official SnS fb page? I won't be doing that as I like to know who is reading - as in, members come here to be involved or lurk, the fb page posts on everyones feed that has ever been a member so I am loathe to do that.

Anywho, I am pleased to meet you all. I doubt anyone would remember, but I'm looking forward to the journey with you all.

Kxx

Hi all, I did SnS starting January 2013 and it went well - but I forgot to be sensible when it came to refeed and went mad thinking i would be starting again in a week so indulged in every single bit of bad food available (quite a few wonka jelly slabs of choc and cookies). Unfortunately this spiralled into months of bad choices which was strange as I don't eat bad stuff generally (I'm just greedy) but I just kept doing it over and over again. I half heartedly re-started a few times but never got further than 3 or 4 days. I actually believe the going without triggered a terrible mindset so I am determined not to do that again. I know I have read numerous threads saying the same and really believed that would never be me. I went from 15.1 down to 12.7 and felt so much better. As of yesterday, I was a shocking 15.7. Day one is over and I've dropped 3lbs of water already. I know one of the keys for me is to hang out here alot. But I've noticed that the forum is quieter than it was this time last year. Is that because members stick with the official SnS fb page? I won't be doing that as I like to know who is reading - as in, members come here to be involved or lurk, the fb page posts on everyones feed that has ever been a member so I am loathe to do that. Anywho, I am pleased to meet you all. I doubt anyone would remember, but I'm looking forward to the journey with you all. Kxx

Hi striped daisy welcome back :)
I think we started at around the same time in January?

You have done it before Hun and will do it again! You've done the whole live and learn thing now and know where you went wrong I have no doubt you will keep it off this time xxx

Welcome back. Good luck this time round, I'm hoping not to go back to old eating habits afterwards too as I have each time so far x

Snap I got to goal at WW but found out I was pregnant so regained it all plus more, then I almost got back to goal last year on VLCD but took a break to go on a 2wk All inclusive holiday and regained so much I didn't bother restarting, now I'm back to where I started hoping its 3rd time lucky :) x

Thank you for the replies. I'm getting on fine despite a big choc bar and a Chinese. 10lbs in 10 days which is much more than the first time round. I think it's because I regained so quickly it is reversing quickly...at least I hope that's what it is. It has kicked off some women's problem which hacks me off but I can live with it. Kxx

I agree with you about Facebook. I don't like he fact that it announces to all my friends when I like a page or join a group as I don't want everyone knowing my business and also if I post on there it has a habit of putting it my newsfeed so all my friends can see that too.

I'd rather stay on here where I'm mostly anonymous and folk have to register to be a member, so we know that we are amongst like minded folk and have more privacy than on Facebook.

Thank you for the replies. I'm getting on fine despite a big choc bar and a Chinese. 10lbs in 10 days which is much more than the first time round. I think it's because I regained so quickly it is reversing quickly...at least I hope that's what it is. It has kicked off some women's problem which hacks me off but I can live with it. Kxx

As annoying as it is it's a sign it's working.

I agree with you about Facebook. I don't like he fact that it announces to all my friends when I like a page or join a group as I don't want everyone knowing my business and also if I post on there it has a habit of putting it my newsfeed so all my friends can see that too.

I'd rather stay on here where I'm mostly anonymous and folk have to register to be a member, so we know that we are amongst like minded folk and have more privacy than on Facebook.

Hi luv

i felt exactly the same way, but I joined the closed site and all my post are private only the people on the site can see it and its not on my new feeds!! X

My women's trouble is over. I was irritated by it as I have a mirena so don't have to suffer them anymore. I didn't even have any supplies in!

My women's trouble is over. I was irritated by it as I have a mirena so don't have to suffer them anymore. I didn't even have any supplies in!

I had mine fitted this week so I'm hoping it stops them for me going forward as I didn't have them before and have spent the last 5 weeks having periods and like you had to go buy stuff cause I don't usually have any in stock.

I know how women troubles can throw you completely off I had mine 5 days early and on my second week on the plan, I didn't lose a single pound that week I was not impressed!! How you feeling now? X

Feeling better than I did earlier in the week, not quite so bloated, but still feel that I might be retaining some water. I'm in 2 minds whether to go get some water tablets as another TFR site is selling some as part of their diet plan.

Feeling better than I did earlier in the week, not quite so bloated, but still feel that I might be retaining some water. I'm in 2 minds whether to go get some water tablets as another TFR site is selling some as part of their diet plan.

I find drinking warm water combats some of the bloating! Not sure about the tablets,let me know if they work if u decide to get them. X

Some people claim they work others say they don't. The ones I'm thinking of are on another TFR website and there's a few different ones, including a "carb blocker" that also has an appetite suppressant in it and then a water retention one. I'm using up some of my other herbal tablets from Holland & Barrett this week to see what happens and if I'm not having much luck by the end of the week then I'll probably try these other ones and if they don't work then I guess it's just tough it out and do it the hard way without a boost.
Ideally I would like a little boost to catch up on my lost time from a few weeks ago and also limit the damage over the Christmas period as I have 3 meals to attend.

Arrggghhh the bloody curse is back! Or my mirena has dropped down again (this one was put in under general anaesthetic after two came out). Drives me potty. I seem to be phasing into a 6 days on plan and 1 off again since I restarted. Not too awful as ketosis finds me quickly but I def need to up my water intake. How are you girls going? Kx

Arrggghhh the bloody curse is back! Or my mirena has dropped down again (this one was put in under general anaesthetic after two came out). Drives me potty. I seem to be phasing into a 6 days on plan and 1 off again since I restarted. Not too awful as ketosis finds me quickly but I def need to up my water intake. How are you girls going? Kx

Well I'm rubbish.com been on annual leave this week so idle hands..means unnecessary munching the weird thing is I've pretty much stayed the same put on a pound and lost it again....weird I know well pleased though. My weigh-in day is now Saturday so that will be 6 weeks on plan week maybe 5 since I pretty much ain't what I liked this week.

I'm back at work tomorrow and plan to stick 100% until 24th then off for Xmas and Boxing Day. Then back on until 31st!! I refuse to cave a little worried as TOTM is due on Tuesday!! Explains wanting to eat a load of crap recently. Really gonna try and be good got a night out planned on 28th and a fab dress to fit into!! So I better be good!! X

Yup I got mine pretty much constantly from about week 2. The only time it stopped was when I took hormone tablets and it has stopped about 3 days after I had my coil fitted so I'm hoping the extra hormones will stop it now as I'm fed up of constantly being on my period.

Back