Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Another sizes rant....

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Marie_D, 3 April 2008 Social URL.

1. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I'm out tomorrow afternoon for a very boozy afternoon/evening in the pub, so I went out today to try and find a pair of jeans to wear (I don't have any that fit :() and I am so fed up of sizes being so different!!!!

I went to DP's and tried on 3 pairs of jeans in a 16 - they all fit (well done DP's!), I just didn't like them :rolleyes:

I then went to Mark One and tried on 2 pairs in a 16 - one pair was too small and one pair was too big :confused:

I then went to New Look and again, tried on 2 pairs of size 16 jeans - one pair was too small and the other pair too big!! :mad:

It is REALLY frustrating!!!!! I can understand one shops sizes differing from another shops - but surely it's not unreasonable to expect clothes in one shop to be the same size!!?

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ok, rant over (for now, heehee) :p

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Eileen

Eileen likes posting.

Diet:
    Slimming world.
    Its crazy i have clothes from 14 to 18, same with shoes im anything from 3 to 31/2, 4.Bras well same story theer it depends which shop you go in.I dont know how people order online.

4. debtdummy

debtdummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(6.92%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    new look have got that elastic stuff in jeans and they start to small and get bigger and bigger until u wash them again
    next is the best place to go for a size 16 i feel.

5. fatfighter

fatfighter wannabe yummy mummy

Start Weight:
    18st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(17.94%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Primark is the worst! Grrrrr!

6. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

The jeans I got last week were from Next, in a size 16 - can't even get one of them past my butt!! The other pair fit ok(ish), apart from on my waist, which is so tight I can barely get them done up! Next is right off my list of places to shop - as is New Look - DP's is best for fit in my opinion, it's just a shame all their jeans are horrible at the moment, lol.

7. debtdummy

debtdummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(6.92%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i love my next 16 jeans, new look always become too baggy

8. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge!
    Next for jeans, and DP's are fab sizing wise, I have the peacocks problem, i bought a size 12 skirt in there lastweek, fits, and bought a size 14 pair of cropped pants and they are too small!!!

Dont get it !

9. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I personally think they're ALL sized wrong!! I'm really a size 10, but I appear to need a size 16 in all shops :giggle: shocking isn't it, lol.

10. debtdummy

debtdummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(6.92%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    how much to u weigh, sorry for asking but when u see girls in ww magazine and u look at sizes its all gone mad, im 12st 2 at moment and im size 16/18

11. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.9%)
    i just been into next and got my self some new trousers in a 14 for my birthday meal x

12. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I'm 12st 4lb and I'm a 14 top and (though I was...) a 16 bottoms. (Last year I was a 12 top and 14 bottoms, but I'm trying not to dwell :rolleyes:, lol)

13. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.9%)
    i think all sizes are wrong xx

14. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Yep, I agree - I am sticking to my guns - I am a size 10, it's the shops that are wrong! Hahaha

15. Emma_2008

Emma_2008 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st8lb
    Current Weight:
    19st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.13%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    Yeah i have that problem too! Except not a 16! :giggle:

16. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.9%)
    Well all the trousers i got from next in a 14 seem to have come up different but still keeping them all as my other half said i look nice and slim now!!!

17. Dobbie

Dobbie I will get to goal .....

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Marie you have my utter sympathy hun!! I personally put it down to the cut/sewing of the clothes vs. our body shapes. It's always worth trying 3-4 different items in the same size, you'll usually find a massive difference in fit in each of them. If you find say one pair of 16 jeans too tight, ask the shop assistant to bring you a couple of others in the same style and size - you'll be amazed at the difference!!

Also, my sister and I weigh the same and are the same height, yet she is always 1-2 sizes smaller than me because we carry our weight differently, go figure :rolleyes::confused:

Hope you find something to wear for later
    xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.