antibiotics & ketosis

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by justthe2ofus, 29 January 2007 Social URL.

1. justthe2ofus

justthe2ofus Full Member

Cambridge diet
    Just a quick thread but woke up on friday with a nasty throat infection but carried on with my CD then on staurday could hardly swallow water so GP gave me some antibiotics in liquid form and I stuck to my CD too.
    Sunday Im out of ketosis and really feeling down too.
    Now its Monday morning again not in ketosis and feeling so much like I just want to eat for england!!
    Its the additives and the sucrose in the antibiotics that have taken me out of ketosis and I told the GP I was on CD too he told me it wouldnt affect me so beware when taking anything from the GP it may take you back a few steps.
    Moan over lol
    All the best:)
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

Poor old you! Antibiotics didn't knock me out of ketosis so I do sympathise - how rotten for you!
    Hope you're feeling better very soon!
  4. onthelang

onthelang Full Member

They knocked me out too
  5. shell09

shell09 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    o no what a bummer.... double wammy!!

capsule form antibiotics didnt knock me out of ketosis well i didnt notice if they did lol.

aawww hugs ur way hope u feel better soon! dont give in to the food demmons lol

week 1 = 8lb
    week 2&3 = 8lb
    week 4 = 2lb
    week 5&6 = 9lb
    week 7 = 4lb
    week 8&9 = 8lb

starting weight 244lb
    target weight 147lb
    losses to date 38lb
    still to loose 59lb
  6. onthelang

onthelang Full Member

Thanks shell09 im committed to the diet its great and I feel great loads of energy, not sleeping as much etc. Ill keep you posted
  7. JimmyShoo

JimmyShoo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Sorry this has happened to you.....hope you feel better again soon hon x
  8. onthelang

onthelang Full Member

Thanks for that jimmyshoo. But ill keep you posted.
  9. Diet Girl

Diet Girl Full Member

Im on Amoxicilin and I know how you feel. Im stressing about coming out of Ketosis, if i should be eating with them, being more tired then i already am etc...
  10. Nova

Nova Full Member

It will be because it's a suspension not capsules.
    Bloomin' typical isn't it, its like 3 TEASPOONS a day.
    Get well soon, at the end of the day its more important to take the anti biotics and get better x
  11. onthelang

onthelang Full Member

Im on tablet ones not to worry im sticking to the program
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.