Antibiotics on SS

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Sarah M, 10 September 2007 Social URL.

1. Sarah M

Sarah M Getting the hang of this

Hiya All,

Im on day 8 today and have been feeling really poorly over the weekend, i think i may have a ear and throat infection, i have a doctors appointment later today and i think i may get a course of antibiotics, so my question is, on most antibiotics they say to take with or after food, so can these then be taken with shakes or do i need to eat something?

xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    You need to check with your GP but usually I put people on 1200 while on antibiotics but up to your GP so make sure you check.

Mike

4. Sarah M

Fingers crossed the doctor lets me continue (if he does give me the antibiotics) i would be gutted to have to move that far up after 8 days SS :(

5. SteveM

SteveM Silver Member

Sarah,

I am on antibiotics at the moment - Flucloxacillin - and am still SS. Flucloxacillin is for treating various types of infection and are to be taken at least an hour before food or on an empty stomach. I verified with the doctor and pharmacist that they would be okay for me on SS and they said yes as long as they were taken at least 1 hour before a shake/bar and at least 2 hours after a shake/bar. Has taken some organising, but it is working out. It is also okay to drink water with them.

I have an upset stomach, but that is a listed side effect, so it is not caused by me SSing or anything. I am still in ketosis too.

Steve

6. Sarah M

Thanks Steve, thats reassured me, the last thing i wanted to do was to have to start SS all over again, I'll wait and see what the doctor says, i have my fingers crossed already!

7. Sarah M

Well the Doctor has said its fine, as long as i either have 4 shakes or split my packs into 4 (as i have to take 4 tablets a day) yippie, im so happy i dont have to stop SS, I think it would have been so hard to restart if i had introduced food. xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.