Anwen's food diary

AnwenG

I've been doing sw for 12 week now and even though I've lost each week :) the weeks that I was expecting a big loss it didn't happen.
So I'm hoping by writing my food diary here I can see more of a pattern or someone can point something out :)

Hi Anwen, That's an excellent idea. I have found that writing a diary is helpful in lots of ways. Apart from just logging your food intake as others can post their encouragement and support which is often sorely needed if you are feeling a bit down. Plus we can revel in your successes too!
Looks like you are doing magnificently anyway... well done!

This week I need to lose 1lbs to get my 2.5st so im trying the superfree challenge (10+ superfree)

So today I've eaten

Breakfast
One bite of my toast and jam (it was a tiny bite as the toast was cold and hard but I'd rather over syn than under) 2syns

Mid morning snack
1)grapes

Lunch
Lean steak
Fry light
2) fried onions
3)fried mushrooms
4)lettuce
5) tomato
6)cucumber
Onion
Salt, pepper and vinegar

Dinner
Lobsgows in welsh or scouse
Lean beef
Veg stock
Potatoes
7)cabbage
8)sprouts
9)carrots
10)swede

Snack
Fruit salad
11) orange
12)banana
13) Sharon fruit
14) a fruit I know is superfree that I won in the slimmer of the week basket but no idea what it's called

Ill probably have a cup of tea with a packet of fingers or a ripple later :)

Thanks emmaline :) I've been a bit naughty these past 2 weeks so hopefully by posting here it will help me to stay on track.

Forgot to say I had 2x slice of wholemeal (from a small loaf) with my dinner

9pm
Cup of tea (HEA)
Ripple 9syns)

So 11syns in all = a very happy Anwen :D
I'm going to try the mushy pea curry tomorrow but I don't fancy it with rice :/

Well today was a weird day!! But all 100% on plan. I drove home through torrential to my village, and then there were huge floods so I drove through what really was a river in the road. So I arrived and told my mum and dad to hurry home as it was still raining just incase they wouldn't be able to come home. Neither of them listened lol. Anyway I went on Facebook to see the full extent of the flood within the village. And then the river broke and over 100 houses have been damaged by the flood!! Thank god we live on a hill and nowhere near a river. So I made lunch and took the dog for a walk I couldn't go far as all the roads were flooded lol an the cars had to come up on the pavement. My house phone was off and my mobile signal was a bit on and off so I was panicking about how my mum and dad were going come home as by 3 the road was closed in and out of my village so I snacked on pickled onions rather than chocolate lol. My mum finally arrived lol having
Left her car at work, was driven as far as they could into the village and then had to walk the last 3 miles with the water at one time up to her waist. Anyways lol I'm writing this food diary in my notes at the moment as we don't have Internet. Sorry for the essay

Breakfast
Wholemeal toast (from a small loaf) with jam (1syn)

Lunch
Salmon
1)mushroom
2) onion
3) lettuce
4) tomato
5) pepper
6) cucumber

Snacks
Pickled onions

Dinner
Mushy pea curry
7) mushy peas, onion, tin tomatoes, mushroom and curry powder

Super speed soup
8)swede
9)cabbage
10) carrot
11)cauliflower

Snacks
Wotsits 5syns
Ripple 9syns

And a cup if tea HEA
:)

well today wasn't as hectic and stressfull thank god lol. I know with slimming world 1/3 of EACH meal has to be superfree but this is the first week I've been eating breakfast since I was at school so I'm just easing myself in with toast and jam this week and then I'll eat a banana next week.

Breakfast

toast and jam ( from a small loaf) 1/2 HEB (1syn)

small cup of tea at work (HEA) and a chocolate biscuit 3syn

Lunch (I was starving!! But I only ate ntil satisfied)
superspeed soup (1)carrot, 2)swede, 3)onion, 4)pepper, 5)cauliflower, 6)cabbage, 7)tomato and baked beans.)
6 rashers of bacon
1 slice of wholemeal bread 1/2 HEB
Leftover mushypea curry (8)mushypeas, onion, 9)mushroom, curry powder and baked beans)
potato wedges

snack
10) apple

Dinner
Chilli con Carne (11)garlic, 12)chilli, lean steak mince, onion, mushrooms..)
rice

snack
ripple and a cup of tea 9syns

Drinks
3 pints of vimto, 2 large mugs of tea, one small cup of tea and 2 pints of lilt zero

:D

That must have been a very worrying time waiting for your mum to get home. So many people being flooded out this year, I'm sure it's a relief being in a good area where you are not likely to get affected. Well done on managing to keep to your diet.

Exactly what a difference 100 meters makes, and thanks I knew I'd only kick myself later if I binged on chocolate and I wouldn't be able to relax with a ripple and cup of tea at night lol

Today was a good day, I went to my nursery's coffee morning and I didn't buy a cake :D but I came home and had a jaffa cake bar but hey ho it's only 5syns :)

breakfast
toast and jam (1)

snack
slice of lean ham
jaffa cake bar 5syns

lunch
superfree soup(1)carrot, 2)swede, 3)onion, 4)pepper, 5)cauliflower, 6)cabbage, 7)tomato and baked beans.)
slce of wholemeal bread (1/2 HEB)

Snack
wotsits (5 syns)

Dinner
stuffed mushrooms (8)mushrooms, 9)garlic, onion, cheese from HEA)
lemon stuffed chicken (10)lemon, 11)pepper, onion, potato wedges, quark and chicken)

snack
pack of animal buiscuits 5syns

I've gone over my syns by 1.5 today but really as the jaffa cake bar was 95 calories the same as the wotsits I'm only over by 1syn :D

I can't believe how fast today went. I had a lie in (not intentionally as my alarm didn't go off and my parents didn't think to wake me) until 12:15. As I hadn't had breakfast or lunch I just grabbed some fruit. Even though I didn't hit my superfree quota of 10 today I ate a lot of the ones I did eat.

Lunch
2 1)apples
5 2) satsumas

Snack
Ham sandwich (2x wholemeal slices, lean ham, 3)chopped onions, 4)tomato)
Wotsits (6syns)

Dinner
Pork steaks
Onions
5)peppers
6)mushrooms
Potato wedges

Snack
Ripple 9syns
Mug of tea :)

Back