Total Solution Any 16/02/2015 Total Solution starters?

jordanuk

Hi, I am starting total solution on Monday- anyone else starting too?

I am 20years old, male, 5ft10' and weigh a whopping 238lb! I have my 21st birthday in the first week of July and I'm determined not to be the size of a house- I hope to be 11st which is achievable if I stick to the diet completely (I have done all the calculations- I'm an engineer :) )

If anyone has any tips or advice let me know!

Thanks!

Jordan

Hi Jordan,
I am starting T/S on Monday. I am a tad petrified, but i WILL push through it! I am a 32 year old laydeeeee and i have been procrastinating about losing weight for way too long. I am 14st2lb and would ideally like to get to my goal weight of 10st5lb by my birthday at the end of June.
I have a few friends who have done exante, and the recurring advice seems to be water, water and more water. I have shakes and meals, i passed on the soups as i heard that they were not great. I have also bought coke zero which is allowed.
Good luck!

Hi Jordan,
I am starting T/S on Monday. I am a tad petrified, but i WILL push through it! I am a 32 year old laydeeeee and i have been procrastinating about losing weight for way too long. I am 14st2lb and would ideally like to get to my goal weight of 10st5lb by my birthday at the end of June.
I have a few friends who have done exante, and the recurring advice seems to be water, water and more water. I have shakes and meals, i passed on the soups as i heard that they were not great. I have also bought coke zero which is allowed.
Good luck!

Very good, it seems we have goals over the same period of time!

Yes, I have noticed that most people have stated 'the more you drink the more you shrink'. I don't know exactly how much that is though- I drink about 3 litres a day when I'm not on a diet, am I meant to up that?

I think 3 litres should be fine. It appears that the first 3 days are the hardest, and then things start to settle. I have done a bit of research, and the best foods are the shakes, pasta carbonara, chilli, spaghetti bolognese and the pancakes. I have ordered a mixture of these so fingers crossed!

Haha Ive done the calculations too! Im starting tomorrow, I have done exante before years ago and lost 26lbs in the first month, 12lbs in the first week but Im not counting on being able to lose that much this time as it was a really good lose so I don't want to feel down if I don't lose that much.

My tips and what I am planning on doing this time is pint of water before breakfast, then keep sipping water throughout the day, with a pint before each meal, also green tea helped me.

Good luck guys

Haha Ive done the calculations too! Im starting tomorrow, I have done exante before years ago and lost 26lbs in the first month, 12lbs in the first week but Im not counting on being able to lose that much this time as it was a really good lose so I don't want to feel down if I don't lose that much.

My tips and what I am planning on doing this time is pint of water before breakfast, then keep sipping water throughout the day, with a pint before each meal, also green tea helped me.

Good luck guys

Ha good, I have an excel spreadsheet and everything! (I can send anyone a copy if they want it, just to change the numbers)

I am not keen on green tea but I think I will be able to make myself like it. I am looking forward to starting, just hope I can stick it, it feels like my last chance saloon

Im all over excel spreadsheets... its all primed and ready with formatted cells, lol maybe I need to get out more hey?

Green tea is ok as long as its made right, put the bag in the mug, poor cold water in so it covers the bag totally and then use slightly cooled boiled water, if you use boiling water its minging, its just something if you feel like you need a hot drink, plus its meant to speed up your metabolism slightly

Thanks for the green tea tip! I haven't prepared any spreadsheets (oops). I definitely need to do something to keep a track of what i am eating.

I had the chocolate shake for breakfast and the toffee caramel shake for lunch - delicious! I am really thirsty today, and I've already had 3 litres of water. Is exercise allowed while doing exante? ?

Yeah light exercise, don't really push it but 20 - 30 mins of exercise is fine.

I had banana shake for breakfast, peanut butter bar for lunch (loved it) and spag bol for dinner... blurgh.... had to throw half of it away, but I know from last time that my tastes changed the longer I went on the diet so I might be able to stomach it another time, it was more the texture then the taste but didn't enjoy it one bit.

Ah well early night tonight I think so I don't get the urge to cheat.

Yeah light exercise, don't really push it but 20 - 30 mins of exercise is fine.

I had banana shake for breakfast, peanut butter bar for lunch (loved it) and spag bol for dinner... blurgh.... had to throw half of it away, but I know from last time that my tastes changed the longer I went on the diet so I might be able to stomach it another time, it was more the texture then the taste but didn't enjoy it one bit.

Ah well early night tonight I think so I don't get the urge to cheat.

Hi, I have hazelnut shake for breakfast (which was nice, really, nutty?), Double choc bar for dinner which i wasn't keen on at all- too chewy, although it was really filling. I've just had carbanarra for dinner which was really nice but such a small amount (which is to expected I suppose haha).

Drank about 4 litres today and that was without even trying, although I will just keep it at that!

1 Day down, 100+ to go! But one day at a time!

Well said. I had the carbonara too, and i agree about the portion size. Hopefully as we get further in, our stomach will get used to the smaller portions! I wasn't sure about the peanut butter bar but i shall definitely give them a go. I did a 30 minute powerplate workout - which pretty much involved me standing still while the machine vibrated like an out of control washing machine! It probably did absolutely nothing for me, but it made me laugh!

Well done all for a great start, here's to another good day tomorrow!

Hey all :) Just wanted to pop in and wish you all lots of luck! As for portion sizes, yep, you definitely get used to them. Six weeks on and the carbonara totally fills me up now and I'm stuffed after the cottage pie. Shakes really fill me up too. Have a great second day :)

Thanks Jayne, it certainly does get easier the longer you stick to it, Im not really feeling overly hungry at the moment, so far, so good.

Had the blueberry and raspberry pancakes for dinner tonight and they were really nice! Bit scared to try any more of the dinner meals after the spagbol last night.

Feeling ok, not struggling too much, really focused on getting this weight shifted asap and cheating wont do that

I agree samantha. I had the chocolate shake for breakfast, spaghetti bolognese for lunch and the toffee caramel shake for dinner. I cooked the spaghetti on the hob and added garlic powder, oregano and chilli powder and it was ok. I think the key with the dishes is to tweek them with a few spices to make them a tad more palatable!. I ordered the peanut butter bars which should arrive tomorrow and i can't wait! Thanks for the advice jayne!

Had strawberry shake, lemon bar for lunch and the pasta, ham and mushroom soup for dinner. All was ok, really liked the lemon bar.

Think I might order a 4 week pack of the bars when I get paid, it is nice to have different things, last time I did exante the choices were really limited but I like the ease of the bars, esp for lunch at work, people don't seem to question what Im having if its a bar, but if I eat shakes or other stuff I need to make, people have always questioned what Im eating and then that leads onto the lectures about the diet, plus so far I haven't had a bar I didn't enjoy so makes it easier if you actually like what you're eating.

Hope everyone else is doing ok!

Im desperate for a peak on the scales but previously I have become a bit obsessed and it had a negative affect when the loses slow, so I am staying away from the scales until weigh day, I am going to weigh in on Sundays so will only have 6 days in my first week, but I may struggle on Mondays with time etc.

Hi all, Hope everyone os doing well, sorry I didn't check in last night.

I had the White choc and rasperberry shake yesterday and the lemon and raspberry smoothie for breakfast today- both were gorgeous! Particularly the white choc and raspberry one. The smoothie I will make using a blender in future as it was still a bit grainy even after vigerous shaking.

I had the peanut butter bar for dinner yesterday- as with the double choc bar, I wasn't keen on the texture, it was a unusal but I found it more palatable than the double choc.

I had mushroom soup last night which was absolutely lovely! Defo will order more in future!

Currently eating the chocolate pudding- they call it gooey, it's definitely not! The mix prior to microwaving was lovely, after 1 minute 20 seconds it does taste like an actual sponge all the hint of chocolate has ceased, it has the consistency of omelette, I will try 1 minute only next time, see how I get on with that!

Im desperate for a peak on the scales but previously I have become a bit obsessed and it had a negative affect when the loses slow, so I am staying away from the scales until weigh day, I am going to weigh in on Sundays so will only have 6 days in my first week, but I may struggle on Mondays with time etc.

I couldn't resist weighing myself this morning (after drinking a pint of water) and I have lose exactly 5lb- I couldn't have asked for more really!

Hi all,
Another good day. Chocolate shake for breakfast, peanut butter bar for lunch - delicious (thanks samantha), and spaghetti bolognese for dinner. I tried the drinks mix in peach, but sadly not for me. I shall stick to plain water!

Well done Jordan, 5lb is great! I am sticking to weekly weigh ins as like samantha , i would be demotivated if the scales hadn't moved. I have been quite boring with my food choices, but seeing how you are getting on with the food has given me the confidence to try other things. I really wanted to try the mushroom soup, but i read a review that said it tasted like mashed banana and was a tad put off!

Back