Any advice greatly appreciated for (not-so) little lost lady

kellythepeg

Silver Member
RIGHT ladies (and gents!!!), this is just no good…. I’ve hit a brick wall. I don’t have very much spare cash at the moment/ever but am thinking very seriously about re-joining Slimming World this week (have been calorie counting since January 2012 and lost just over 2 stone). There’s a few groups around me – one meets tonight and one meets on Thursday. Before I do anything rash I need to try to understand the plan a little more.. Last time I didn’t really ‘do’ the plan.. I did with regards to my main meals, all Slimming World recipes and almost always free! And that is something that’s stuck with me ever since (October 2010) – it’s the rest that I struggled with? I’ve read reems and reems of info but for some reason it just isn’t going in…. I don’t understand the 1/3 superfree thing on EE, what are superfree foods? And is that for every single meal or just main meals? I don’t totally get the HexA and HexB thing? Does eating them aid weight loss? I’ve always tried to totally avoid bread and cheese! :-(

Ideally I’d like to follow the plan from home to save me a little bit of money so really would need a better understanding of the whole thing but am open to attending group for a while (until the money runs out, lol) – it seems to work soo well for soo many people! The reason I fell off the wagon last time is quite obviously because I wasn’t following the plan at all! Merely eating low-fat meals with no complex process aside from that.

You all seem so clued up, could you offer a little friendly ‘dumbed-down’ advice to a potential newbie? Thank you ladies :) x x

Hiya!

Okay so the low-down on EE.....
Super free foods are all fruit and most veg (potatoes, parsnips, sweetcorn, peas and some others are just free) and should take up 1/3 of every meal including breakfast. Superfree foods should also be your first choice for snacks and if they don't satisfy you then move onto the free/syns. The point of the 1/3 is to make sure you're eating healthily and also to stop you from eating too many carbs coz you're full from the fruity goodness!
Healthy extras are recommended because everyone needs fibre and calcium in their diet to keep your body ticking over nicely. They're portion controlled because people like me will eat cheese and bread til I can't move!
If you stick to the 1/3 superfree rule, 5-15 syns a day and drink lots of water the plan will work! Xxx

Back