Any advice on which is best... S&S or LT?

Rocky Road

Hi I had a few days on LT but pharmacist told me to refeed now ready for a wedding. I think I will go on to s&s after the wedding as there is more variety. I wonder if anyone has tried both and can tell me which is easier and tastes better oh and is good for getting weight off too lol.

Thanks.

Hi I had a few days on LT but pharmacist told me to refeed now ready for a wedding. I think I will go on to s&s after the wedding as there is more variety. I wonder if anyone has tried both and can tell me which is easier and tastes better oh and is good for getting weight off too lol.

Thanks.

i started on lipotrim and i know you will find this plan so easy, they both have the same sucess rate but this one is much more do able.

OMG, this one for sure! I did LT for 16 weeks a few years ago before I caved and I survived on just chocolate shakes for the whole time as that was all I could stomach. It put me off doing another VLCD for years and years to be honest. This one is so much better and there is so much flexibility it works with every day life so much more easily. If I fancy a meal out I just look for grilled chicken or fish and a side salad, or something similar. I don't eat out all the time but it means I can without feeling like I'm a failure. I also like most of the S&S packs too so I have a choice of what to have, not just the same flavour pack every single day, day in day out. I do think that being on LT has made me appreciative of this diet though on the basis that you don't know what easy is until you've tried difficult :).

BordersGirl said:
OMG, this one for sure! I did LT for 16 weeks a few years ago before I caved and I survived on just chocolate shakes for the whole time as that was all I could stomach. It put me off doing another VLCD for years and years to be honest. This one is so much better and there is so much flexibility it works with every day life so much more easily. If I fancy a meal out I just look for grilled chicken or fish and a side salad, or something similar. I don't eat out all the time but it means I can without feeling like I'm a failure. I also like most of the S&S packs too so I have a choice of what to have, not just the same flavour pack every single day, day in day out. I do think that being on LT has made me appreciative of this diet though on the basis that you don't know what easy is until you've tried difficult :).

Lol that was me on lt !! And me now choc shakes bars and chicken or fish !!
Which is nice really I wish I liked more stuff !!

Day one again for me though :)

Thanks Helen, BordersGirl and Munchbunch. Oh that is so good to hear because honestly only 5 days and I was gagging at the shakes and wondering how on earth I could continue. Pharmacist told me she has only known one person to finish a flapjack in 3 and a half years so that was out and she said she has never known anyone to finish a soup. Oh dear lol. I ordered a sample pack from S&S and it arrives on Wednesday so I will see how I get on. I have a wedding on Friday so will just have to be careful. I am staying over in the hotel so that means I need to be careful for breakfast also but as long as I can try not to put on.... well maybe just a couple of pounds..... I'll be quite happy.

It is good that you are starting again Munchbunch. I have decided no more regrets. You are restarting and that shows dedication so I wish you the best of luck.

I tried the soup one and gagged I used to stand over the sink and drink my shake just incase I was sick !!

I'm sure you will be fine there is lots of choice on here I look forward to my " real food " :)
I always eat at tea time with the family and have my other bits in the day . Good luck with getting started and have a lovely time at the wedding !

LT seem to deliberately make their products minging so that people don't crave them / food I think. I can still smell the chicken soup now - made me gag, and put me off powered chicken soup for life. I wasn't able to give the S&S chicken soup a fair hearing because of the memory of the LT soup :). The S&S shakes are much nicer in my view and sweeter. There are lots of flavours too so if you don't like a particular one there are plenty of others. I never tried the LT flapjacks because my pharmacist did stock them on the basis that they hadn't yet found anyone who actually liked them. Sounds like I had a lucky escape :). The S&S bars are like proper chocolate bars and although not everyone likes all of the flavours again there are plenty to choose from. The best thing on this diet for sure are the hot meals and the protein / veg options. Makes it much less like a VLCD than many of the other varieties. But if you want to do shakes only that's fine too. Horses for courses and everyone is different.

I wish I liked the food options to have them
I would believe me , mayb I need to train myself it's possibly all in my mind :0/

I stick with shakes and bars cause I can stomach them , and to have the food packs and waste them cause I'm not keen didn't make sense if you get me !!
I have to say though I stuck with lt for 6 weeks iv amd lost just under 2 stone i never stuck to any other vlcd this long mayb it's a willpower thing !
I'm back though see how I go :)

I personally had better losses (But only just) On LT..... And I wouldnt swap my time on it!!! But S&S is MUCH easier to stick to.... Wish I'd found it sooner!!!

Thanks Becca, Bordersgirl and Dee. OOh I am all excited about my package coming lol. How sad am I. I am not sure what the score is with veg and food and coke zero and milk as I read that these things are allowed but I shall look into it more when I am due to start. Some people get an instruction leaflet and some don't but I think there is a link to instructions on here so I will go for a mooch round and get more information :)

Rocky Road said:
Thanks Becca, Bordersgirl and Dee. OOh I am all excited about my package coming lol. How sad am I. I am not sure what the score is with veg and food and coke zero and milk as I read that these things are allowed but I shall look into it more when I am due to start. Some people get an instruction leaflet and some don't but I think there is a link to instructions on here so I will go for a mooch round and get more information :)

You should get an info leaflet-I get one in every box I order :)

Yeh that's right every order you get you get the paperwork in the box too !!

I've been thinking about Lipotrim lately and i think it is easier to stick to than S&S purely because you drink the shakes (or eat a flapjack) and that is it and nothing else is allowed and once you get into it then it's fine. Even when the choc shake is the only one you can handle, which is what i found!
What i found with S&S the last time was i was constantly bloated and didn't feel good at all. Maybe it was the added veg with the meal. Either way i am starting again at the weekend but without the veg in the hope that the bloating stops this time and hoping to shift a stone.
The only thing putting me off Lipotrim again is the hair loss. I can't cope with that again. Have some lovely bits sticking up all over my head now from the regrowth!
So basically S&S has more options and def tastes better but is that a good thing? I am not sure! :)

*lesley* said:
I've been thinking about Lipotrim lately and i think it is easier to stick to than S&S purely because you drink the shakes (or eat a flapjack) and that is it and nothing else is allowed and once you get into it then it's fine. Even when the choc shake is the only one you can handle, which is what i found!
What i found with S&S the last time was i was constantly bloated and didn't feel good at all. Maybe it was the added veg with the meal. Either way i am starting again at the weekend but without the veg in the hope that the bloating stops this time and hoping to shift a stone.
The only thing putting me off Lipotrim again is the hair loss. I can't cope with that again. Have some lovely bits sticking up all over my head now from the regrowth!
So basically S&S has more options and def tastes better but is that a good thing? I am not sure! :)

Bu with S&S you can just have 4 packs! The veg and milk are optional :)

Bu with S&S you can just have 4 packs! The veg and milk are optional :)
But optional (at least to me) means i can have it so i do, lol!!

I'm in exactly the same position, I'm on day 15 of LT and really struggling. I'm thinking of changing to S&S but worried the weight losses won't be as good as I've lost 16.5lbs in 2 weeks so far.

Well you won't lose 16.5lbs in 2 weeks again as the first couple of weeks are always the best but there is no reason why you shouldn't lose the same sort of amounts as you would on LT. And anyway, if you are close to caving on LT then what's worse, stay on plan and move to S&S or cave on LT?

Yes I know I wouldn't get those big losses all the time but some on LT still getting huge losses at week 5 or 6. I just can't get my head around still having protein & salad but getting the same losses!

Back