Any advise for when you are VERY tired?

Slim&slinky

Hello there, just wondering if anyone has any advice, recipes, or snack ideas for when you are VERY tired :gen147: and can't cook.. I know the sensible thing is to batch cook when I have energy but I didnt anticipate this 'crash' had a great first 2 weeks cooking slimming world chips, making bar b q sauce for chicken etc and generally keeping kitchen clean but I became very tired last week and this week and think this is where my problem lies..

Kitchen a mess and all food that needs some sort of prep apart from muller lights and 1 syn snacks (which invariably have led me to eating too many of them to get some energy)

Any miracle ideas? I know weight watchers does ready meals but are they easy to turn into 'syns' ? I'm sort of concerned about buying them unless I've used the syn calculator first.

Saw an amazing 'weight watchers' pizza in sainsburys but again didnt have a way of using the calculator in store to convert it to slimming world 'effects' lol

Any ideas or support appreciated.

Last edited:
There's a few ready meals in th back of ya book nd how about a sw fry bacon nd eggs hits th spot plus it quick xx

good plan thank you, I do love cooked breakfast any time of day! I hadn't thought to look in book and make a note for next time i go shopping.. planning is most important thing for success with this I think :)

Yeah it sure is I have just 5 portions of spag bol in freezer then pasta is quite quick I suffer from depression so i'm tired all the time and its not good xx

Thank you!, I really need to make the spag bol and lasagna, I'm yet to make it yet! though I've collected every SW recipe from the the website and made the grandest folder on the computer using 'microsoft onenote' (which is brilliant by the way for organizing recipes), if only I spent the energy on the actual making of the food rather than the folder lol I have health issues too that make me so tired it's hard to move at times, so I understand.

I swore I'd not have many syns today to compensate for yesterdays going over the 15.. but I'm already at 8 so that didnt happen lol

Have just tried the 1/2 syn muller light new york cheesecake for first time and that was VERY nice :) I think I need to make up batches of v low syn puddings for times like these.. my first two weeks were so amazing, I cooked lots of great meals and had lots of energy and enthusiasm, but these 'crashes' seem to knock it all sideways..

I need to get a bigger freezer, just have a tiny one at the mo and realising this will be an essential for batch cooking.

I'm always tired (though about 50% of it is laziness!) so all the dinners I cook are dead easy and take less than 30 minutes to cook. It makes them syn free apart from sauces.

Slim&slinky said:
Thank you!, I really need to make the spag bol and lasagna, I'm yet to make it yet! though I've collected every SW recipe from the the website and made the grandest folder on the computer using 'microsoft onenote' (which is brilliant by the way for organizing recipes), if only I spent the energy on the actual making of the food rather than the folder lol I have health issues too that make me so tired it's hard to move at times, so I understand.

I swore I'd not have many syns today to compensate for yesterdays going over the 15.. but I'm already at 8 so that didnt happen lol

Have just tried the 1/2 syn muller light new york cheesecake for first time and that was VERY nice :) I think I need to make up batches of v low syn puddings for times like these.. my first two weeks were so amazing, I cooked lots of great meals and had lots of energy and enthusiasm, but these 'crashes' seem to knock it all sideways..

I need to get a bigger freezer, just have a tiny one at the mo and realising this will be an essential for batch cooking.

Wish ya lived near me that folder sounds amazing xx

Quorn sausages....if you can stand the taste!! Personally I love them but they are so quick....can be done in microwave or oven and are free!!! I have them with piles of beans for a cant be bothered tea!! x

quorn sausages good idea thanks! I bought some last week but ran out now, though they seemed to take ages.. (I guess when you're tired even 15 minutes seems a long time lol) how long do they take in microwave? I grilled mine and they stayed very anemic looking lol

I'm in middle of trying to work out if its possible to email a whole 'onenote' folder (can do 1 page but thats not much help) to my mum, as shes lost over 2 stone on slimming world but lives 150 miles away,

If I can work out how to do it and you want me to email it I will, it seems a shame to keep it to myself after all the work on it lol I really recommend people use 'onenote' it usually comes free with microsoft office, I had it for years and didnt know it, then a computer expert friend told me about it and I cant imagine life without it really. you can quickly cut and paste stuff off the screen and drop it in there.. tabs.. all sorts, very intuitive to use.

quorn sausages good idea thanks! I bought some last week but ran out now, though they seemed to take ages.. (I guess when you're tired even 15 minutes seems a long time lol) how long do they take in microwave? I grilled mine and they stayed very anemic looking lol

I'm in middle of trying to work out if its possible to email a whole 'onenote' folder (can do 1 page but thats not much help) to my mum, as shes lost over 2 stone on slimming world but lives 150 miles away,

If I can work out how to do it and you want me to email it I will, it seems a shame to keep it to myself after all the work on it lol I really recommend people use 'onenote' it usually comes free with microsoft office, I had it for years and didnt know it, then a computer expert friend told me about it and I cant imagine life without it really. you can quickly cut and paste stuff off the screen and drop it in there.. tabs.. all sorts, very intuitive to use.

The quorn sausages always look very anemic to me too.....although they're always cooked....I usually put mine in the microwave for about 3 mins (chilled) or 4.5mins (frozen) I usually have some in the fridge already cooked for a quick snack too!!! Very handy!! You can also get stewed steak in gravy from tesco which is free on Ex Easy or Red plans....find that this is a really good hearty meal done in extra quick time!! Great with Aunt Bessies carrot and swede mash which is superfree!!! Hope this helps!!!

Not heard of the onenote thing so I cant help you there....sorry x

4.5 mins from frozen, thats going to be a BIG help! and precooking em too. Stewed steak in gravy, as in already cooked? wow didnt even know that existed, LOVE carrot and swede mash, never though to get that already made up either! superfree all the way lol thank you all so much, have recieved great advice and hope this thread helps others too, I think many of us can relate to the too tired thing, sometimes thats the main hurdle that leads to plan slip ups.

when im tired and CBA, i find the quickest thing to make is a stir fry with noodles, even easier when you buy the pre packed stir fry veggies, they already cut so no mess, quickly boil some egg noodles, toss it all in some soya sauce and oyster sauce, hey presto-15 mins max. Filling and super healthy :)
The mushy pea curry and quark pasta carboara recipes are also a dead easy and very tasty.

Thanks Kitty, I have some soya sauce but never liked it that much but maybe it'll be better with the oyster sauce! Take it they're syn free? Just did a search on SW site for the mushy pea curry but it wasn't found, is that on here instead? I do love noodles! Any good sauces that are low or free in syns? maybe we need a thread just for noodle ideas ? so when we need to eat straight away we're sorted! :eat:

Quorn sausages....if you can stand the taste!! Personally I love them but they are so quick....can be done in microwave or oven and are free!!! I have them with piles of beans for a cant be bothered tea!! x

I was led to believe that quorn sausages now had syns in them or maybe im wrong

As a quick guide when shopping use the 20Cal=1syn as a rough guide when reading from the package info, it's good enough to avoid high syn value foods! I have avoided several foods that appear to be "healthy" when you read the front of the package.
As a quick & long lasting boost try good old "beans on toast"

I make up a huge rice pudding with skimmed milk and sweetener put in lots of little pots and just leave in the fridge . Mug shots are a good filling snack as well I find when I can't be bothered or are in a rush. Good luck with it hope it goes well for you

mellymelz said:
I make up a huge rice pudding with skimmed milk and sweetener put in lots of little pots and just leave in the fridge . Mug shots are a good filling snack as well I find when I can't be bothered or are in a rush. Good luck with it hope it goes well for you

Oooo - how do you make the rice pudding? I looooooove rice pudding and miss it!

blonde_bimbo said:

Quorn sausages are now 1 syn each- they changed their recipes a while ago unfortunately so no longer syn free.

What a shame quorn sausages used to be syn free! do slimming world make any savoury foods, like how weight watchers does ready meals?? you'd think that some where would see how much we all want syn free sausages again! Any manufacturers listening???

Having a crash again :( extremely tired right now and not feeling well. Don't normally buy preprepared stuff so a friend suggested I buy aunty Bessie mash and things like that for when I'm tired. Any other ideas much appreciated! Have been putting other suggestion about doing quorn sausages in microwave to test and it is helping alot!

Back