Any Bank Holiday Monday WIs today?

Jaycey

Post-Menopausal Maniac!
Neither my CD nor I were going away this weekend, so we decided to do my WI as normal.

I only lost 1½lbs this week but it's still a loss (particularly after two dodgy food moments)! :eek:

I'm weighing in tomorrow for the last two weeks , can't wait!! Fingers crossed!

My CDC was away yesterday so I don't get 'officially' weighed until next week, but I always go by my own scales anyway and lost 4lbs!:D

Hi All,

I lost 1lb this week, which was a bit of a surprise to be honest. I have had some bad moments over the last couple of weeks and it culminated in me looking in the mirror over the weekend and absolutely hating the sight that was staring back at me. The wrinkles and sagging skin made me decide that my current weight was enough. I know I am still over a healthy BMI but if I got down to that, then I would look even more disgusting. Jess could see what I meant and sympathised with me. My CDC said that sometimes, when you lose weight quickly, your skin takes a while to catch up so I am going to maintain for a couple of months and see what happens.

I really thought that by losing weight I would look and feel more attractive but at the moment, I don't.

I am moving up to 1000 cals this week and will keep on moving up until my weight is stable. I fully intend to keep going with the swimming and running and try to tone up and get fitter.

Does anyone else feel the way I do? Sorry if I am putting anyone on a downer, really dont mean to. xxx

i kind of feel the same chelsea lou - i am going to lose another 1.5 stone on CD then switcharoo to WW to maintain/lose the last stone. and then see how i feel after maintaining that weight of 13 stone for a couple of months and give my sking a chance to catch up.

you look beayoooootiful in your pics though, and you have done so well! good luck moving up the plans, you're a star.

I had my first WI and lost 7 lbs :) Only 9 lbs off my May challenge, so very happy!

i kind of feel the same chelsea lou - i am going to lose another 1.5 stone on CD then switcharoo to WW to maintain/lose the last stone. and then see how i feel after maintaining that weight of 13 stone for a couple of months and give my sking a chance to catch up.

you look beayoooootiful in your pics though, and you have done so well! good luck moving up the plans, you're a star.
Well done on your losses so far, you have done fantastically well. Thank you for the nice comments. I do feel much better in clothes but will not be having any intimate relationships with anyone anytime soon lol. Can anyone who has been through this reassure me that my skin will improve eventually. I am not expecting it to spring back fully but would just like to think that it will not be so disgusting to look at in a few weeks or so x

My skin (esp. round the tummy) is pretty horrid too, but I'm going to persevere until I'm down to my target weight - I'll worry about it later!

Next week is week 12 for me on SS, so I've GOT to go onto SS+ whether I like it or not. I'm not sure whether to go for the 4 meals plus milk, or the 'proper' meal. I'm inclined to go for the latter, as Lorrayne said when she had a cup of tea she was dying for, it was nasty! :D (And that's the only reason I wanted the milk!) My CDC wants me to get onto food asap, so perhaps I'd better do that - I've lived without milk so far! :)

Even though I had two dodgy moments last week, I'm still losing and that's what matters - and being a size 12 of course! (I can't believe I've still got nearly a stone to go, but I have.) Everyone says I look really good, so it's onwards and upwards for me! Last week wasn't good, so as this is my last week on SS, I'm going to be extra good, honest! :D (Don't want to have to go back to it!)

i lost 6lbs in the last 2 weeks which i am pretty happy with!! about average, only need another 1.5 in a week to have lost the stone they promise! hoping to get down to 13 7 pretty quickly!

My skin (esp. round the tummy) is pretty horrid too, but I'm going to persevere until I'm down to my target weight - I'll worry about it later!

Next week is week 12 for me on SS, so I've GOT to go onto SS+ whether I like it or not. I'm not sure whether to go for the 4 meals plus milk, or the 'proper' meal. I'm inclined to go for the latter, as Lorrayne said when she had a cup of tea she was dying for, it was nasty! :D (And that's the only reason I wanted the milk!) My CDC wants me to get onto food asap, so perhaps I'd better do that - I've lived without milk so far! :)

Even though I had two dodgy moments last week, I'm still losing and that's what matters - and being a size 12 of course! (I can't believe I've still got nearly a stone to go, but I have.) Everyone says I look really good, so it's onwards and upwards for me! Last week wasn't good, so as this is my last week on SS, I'm going to be extra good, honest! :D (Don't want to have to go back to it!)
Jaycey, I had decided that I didnt want to lose any more weight, but if the odd lb came off here or there then perhaps I wouldnt worry about that as that shouldnt make any difference to my skin. According to all the charts, I am still overweight but the size 14 trousers I am wearing today are quite baggy. Maybe I should just be happy being a 12/14? After all, that is not so bad is it? A whole lot better than being an 18, that's for sure. Oh an I tried another cup of tea this morning and it wasn't bad, although not nice enough for me to have the usual two cups I would normally have in the afternoons :-(

Lorrayne, that's a fab weight loss you've had - presumably you are now on CD maintenance? (Don't want to put it back on!) I too am quite happy with being a size 12, on the other hand I want to lose this flab! Which is really why I'm carrying on - also want to see how I look and feel at 10½ stone, I'm too close to that to give up now. I think I will be going onto meals next week and not bother about the milk - that can come later! I've been managing with black coffee for so long I've practically forgotten what tea tastes like.

One good thing about my weekend was that I've made two CD converts (one ex-LL - he hated the taste of their foods!) so we might see them on here, you never know! :)

Well done everyone :)

I've lost another 3lbs tonight which I'm happy about.
Having a SS+ week (with food :eek:) this week as I started my new work contract which is twice as much work in the same time and I've been really hungry. My CDC and I decided a week with some food could help me feel better :eek:

Annie x

Had my WI today instead of Monday and was ECSTATIC with the result! * drumroll* Last week I stayed the same which I was not surprised about. This week I did SS+ (3xCDs + green/white 'meal') and lost 6lbs :D :party0011: :party0049:.

Have now lost 50lbs :D (well, 49.5lbs to be very precise) since the end of January and have just crept into the 11stone bracket at 167.5lbs. Will do another week of SS+, then go upto 810.

Boy, I was so relieved to see a loss on the scales again. Less than a stone to go now ;).

Well done everyone on your losses so far. CD really works if you stick to it!!

Soon2bslimmer x :D

Fabulous losses everyone. I know this is going to sound bizarre and I hope that someone who has gone through the plan can tell me that I am not abnormal ;) but now that I am at a weight I feel comfortable with and my journey is now all about working up the plan and maintaining, I feel a bit empty about not having loads of weight to lose and excitedly posting big losses every week.

I don't feel like I am in 'the gang' anymore. Does this sound weird to you? :8855:

Hi Lorrayne - I know where you are coming from. I've been giving this quite a bit of thought, wondering if there is going to be this big void soon. I have lost most of the weight now, have had all the lovely comments from people noticing and know it is down to me now to keep it off and keep going with eating sensibly. I guess in my head I see it as having climbed this great big mountain to get to the top (doing CD to lose lots of weight) and now we are working on our journey down (steps up through CD plan) and then levelling out again (CD maintenance) and getting on with our lives in our new trim bodies ;). Does that make any sense?

Instead of having big losses to aim for the focus is shifting to finding foods that work for you and keep your weight stable. We can still join in here though, can't we? And keep those newbies in check ;).

Soon2bslimmer x :)

chelsea lou, i think its down to each person whether the skin has elasticity it!
I lost a lot of weight before CD (and ended up putting some of it back on) and my skin unfortunately went quite saggy, especially round my belly/middle. The rest of my body wasnt too bad but i will have to have a tummy tuck when i get to goal....i was exactly the same! I was miserable....they dont tell you about the skin when they are ordering you to lose weight.....i was just as unhappy being saggy as i was being fat, but the dr's refused me a tummy tuck on the nhs dispite losing 8 stone in less than a year....so i comfort ate and put a fair bit back on!
I think a lot of it is personal perception, i know now that i wont have disallutions about how i will look when i'm a goal, but being 'healthy' will surpass the negativity about my shape.
your doing superb, keep up the good work and dont lose that drive like i did...its costing a fortune to get the weight back off this time! lol

xxx

Hi Lorrayne - I know where you are coming from. I've been giving this quite a bit of thought, wondering if there is going to be this big void soon. I have lost most of the weight now, have had all the lovely comments from people noticing and know it is down to me now to keep it off and keep going with eating sensibly. I guess in my head I see it as having climbed this great big mountain to get to the top (doing CD to lose lots of weight) and now we are working on our journey down (steps up through CD plan) and then levelling out again (CD maintenance) and getting on with our lives in our new trim bodies ;). Does that make any sense?

Instead of having big losses to aim for the focus is shifting to finding foods that work for you and keep your weight stable. We can still join in here though, can't we? And keep those newbies in check ;).

Soon2bslimmer x :)
That is exactly right, the fear of a big void. No doubt our new 'gang' will be all the maintainers. I don't underestimate the task in hand. It is probably harder than losing the weight in the first place!!! Our new challenge!!! xx

Lorrayne, know what you mean about (not) being part of the 'gang', but I'm already cutting down my Minimins visits and only posting when I really want to, and keeping an eye on my group. I shall still post up my losses until I get to target weight, but will then calm down a bit! But it's been so useful, don't you agree?

As I work through CD maintenance, I intend to eat the lovely porridge every day, so that will keep the CD connection going for me, and I'm going to keep lurking on here if only to help and encourage new people. And that's what it's about really - if you have a success story (like yours), others want to hear about it! You've had a mindset change, not just a body change, and that will be of huge assistance to others - so don't go away! Hang around with me and we can evolve into Minimins/CD 'elder stateswomen', lol! ;)

chelsea lou, i think its down to each person whether the skin has elasticity it!
I lost a lot of weight before CD (and ended up putting some of it back on) and my skin unfortunately went quite saggy, especially round my belly/middle. The rest of my body wasnt too bad but i will have to have a tummy tuck when i get to goal....i was exactly the same! I was miserable....they dont tell you about the skin when they are ordering you to lose weight.....i was just as unhappy being saggy as i was being fat, but the dr's refused me a tummy tuck on the nhs dispite losing 8 stone in less than a year....so i comfort ate and put a fair bit back on!
I think a lot of it is personal perception, i know now that i wont have disallutions about how i will look when i'm a goal, but being 'healthy' will surpass the negativity about my shape.
your doing superb, keep up the good work and dont lose that drive like i did...its costing a fortune to get the weight back off this time! lol

xxx
Hiya, it is good that you know what to expect when you get to goal this time. I have always known, since I finished having my children, that my tummy was pretty knackered but carrying around excess lbs masked it to a certain extent. It has come as a bit of a shock to see the flesh without 32lbs of fat underneath it and maybe it is something that will improve or I will get used to. Anyhow, I certainly do not want to put the weight back on as I know I look and feel a darn sight better now than I did on 16th February! Good luck to you - you'll do it

Lorrayne, know what you mean about (not) being part of the 'gang', but I'm already cutting down my Minimins visits and only posting when I really want to, and keeping an eye on my group. I shall still post up my losses until I get to target weight, but will then calm down a bit! But it's been so useful, don't you agree?

As I work through CD maintenance, I intend to eat the lovely porridge every day, so that will keep the CD connection going for me, and I'm going to keep lurking on here if only to help and encourage new people. And that's what it's about really - if you have a success story (like yours), others want to hear about it! You've had a mindset change, not just a body change, and that will be of huge assistance to others - so don't go away! Hang around with me and we can evolve into Minimins/CD 'elder stateswomen', lol! ;)
Lol, stateswomen indeed!!!! I must admit to having a few mixed feelings, I am a bit of an enigma I am afraid. Typical Gemini, flitting from thing to thing, easily bored etc etc but then on the other hand I find it hard to cope with change - there was a certain safe feeling on here. We all started on the same day and pulled each other through and now we are all going off into our different directions. Jeez, that sounds so melodramatic lol lol. You know what I mean. This site and all you good people have been so amazing and I dont want it to end. Hang on a cotton pickin minute, it isn't ending, it is just changing. Like us. I do drive myself up the bleedin wall sometimes :)

Back