Any carb free dinner ideas guys?

shinner12

Banned
Hey i was just wondering do any of you have carb free dinner ideas? Im just getting sick of eating the same ole meat and veg or salad i wanna mix it up a bit. All ideas welcome and greatly appreciated

I am loving anything with cauliflower at the minute.
I have had cauliflower mash and sausages, and cauliflower rice with roast veg curry over the past two days.
I am thinking of doing a healthy beef stroganoff in a couple of days.

I really like it. It's really simple to make, and really bulks up a dinner. The consistency whenever I make it is a lot more like cous cous but this could be due to how I have blended the cauliflower.

Either way, I think it makes an excellent substitution, as the cauliflower has a taste which I like, but which is mild enough to be unnoticable when used as part of a curry for example, for those that don't like the taste.

Yeah thats a really good idea definitely gonna try that one for dinner tomorrow. How is it that you do the cauliflower rice again? Is it just blend it up then add water and heat in the microwave. How much of the cauliflower should you eat for it to be a correct portion?

I must admit to not being a great measurer, I tend to just stick an amount in and eat that. A medium cauliflower would be 3-4 servings for me, but I am not sure how that bears out with normal portion control.

You should not add water to this. Cauliflower is already like 92% water, so it will cook itself without any extra. so just blend and then stick it in the microwave with some clingfilm for a couple of minutes. Easy as that.

Iv been really bad with portions so far. I tend to just eat a lot of veg to replace my potatoes or pasta but i will only have one chicken breast or one piece of fish or meat. So far down 14lbs in a week.

Oh My! That is an amazing loss! Are you just doing a low carb diet? Cutting carbs gets such quick results.

And yeah, when it comes to veg I just throw as much as I fancy on the plate and worry about portions in everything else.

I was doing herbalife shakes but kinda on and off with them now. Was wondering would the cauliflower rice work with broccoli?

I have no idea to be honest. In my uneducated brain, broccoli wouldn't have the same texture as you get from the cauliflower, but I have used boiled broccoli on its own as a rice substitute with curry before, and that works, so it can't do any harm to blend it and see.

Yeah think ill probs be best to try the cauliflower and see how it tastes. What curry sauce would you use? Would powered sauce be ok? Have you far left to go on your road to thinville??

I am afraid I can't help you there. I make my sauce from scratch, but I will chop and change between whatever I fancy.

I have only just started dieting a week ago, so quite a distance to go. I'm hoping to be done in 5 months. I've got a dress i desperately want to fit into for a holiday at the end of June, so I've set that as my target. Fingers Crossed!

Awh not to worry you've been so helpful already. Yea im nearing the end of week 2. Hoping to be slim for my 21st in may. 4 years ago i was 9s 4lbs and blissfully happy having worked to get down from 12s 2lbs. It took 3 months but i did it and now 4 years on im back up but this time it got to 14s!!!! Shocker for me!! Now im down 14lbs but still have a long way to go. Having something you wanna fit into is a gr8 idea. Ive all my clothes from when i was at my thinnest all the way up to what i am now so my goal is to slowly work my way down the sizes.

If you come take a look on the atkins board we have a recipe sticky with lots of low carb ideas:).

It's so easy to put the weight back on. For me the second i stop exercising I shoot back up. I'm going to start C25K next week I think and then hopefully by the time I am at goal I will magically enjoy running and won't want to give up the exercise. I'm not entirely convinced, but it's worth a punt.

21st is an excellent motivator to lose some weight. I'm sure you'll be there in no time, especially as you have managed it all before.

Thats cool that you have clothes all the way back to goal. Mini celebrations every time you get into something smaller. I have a similar thing with a couple of dresses that are my interim sizes. I'm hoping to be able to wear one of those by the end of feb.

Kat1e said:
If you come take a look on the atkins board we have a recipe sticky with lots of low carb ideas:).

Thanks ill take a look at that now.

Aww dont talk to me about exercise i find i have no motivation to just get out there and do it. Once im at the gym though i actually enjoy the workout.

I struggle to get the motivation to attend a gym if it is out of my way. If I am in a routine, then I love going. With going back to uni this year, I don't have a local gym or the spare £30 a month to pay for one, so I am going to give normal outdoor jogging a go. Lovely weather for it, don't you think? Brrr!

Aww its pure baltic out.... Thats been my excuse to stay in rather than exercise. Gymwise ive no excuse though cause theres one ten steps to the right of my house. My friend is dragging me to boxercise starting the end of feb so i have no choice then but to go. She puts me to shame she has already finished her transformation but still thinks she needs to lose more!

As much as I love seeing a friend when they have lost weight it does make me think "Why didn't I start when you did!?!"

I've never tried boxercise. Is it good fun? I always liked the look of body attack...not cure if thats a similar thing?

I tend to run away from any co-ordinated classes on account of a complete lack of said co-ordination. I see what the instructor is doing, but somehow it does not translate to my body. I'm thinking left foot forward, but I'm doing starjumps. Body pump is about the closest I can manage to anything like that.

Please forgive me for dropping by as I'm currently on a vlcd. I recommend googling Marks daily Apple and paleo recipes for interesting low carb dishes.

Enjoy!

Ali

Back