Any CD folks also on prozac?

Hi all, I feel the dark depression starting to return again - it tends to come for a visit every couple of years. Not a welcome visitor!
Anyway, i find prozac works really well for me. Is there anyone out there on both?

i'm not on prozac or any anti-depressents but i have to ask, how long have you been doing CD for? If your within those first few days then this could be causing those mood swings....also with losing weight, it will make you feel happier about yourself....
I wouldnt be too concerned about doing prozac and CD, if anything it will mean you will be doubly happy as the weight starts coming off....

I had prozac when i was 19 so i know that dark place your in right now.....write a list of what is making you feel down to start with, and see if there are little things you can change...

Wish there was something more i could say...but if in doubt, get to your doctors hun

xxx

I'm on it. Only a low dose to counteract the progestogen in my Mirena. It sent me temporarily very low.

The prozac won't stall your weight loss...only nibbling. My downfall.

Thanks for your replies. I will have a chat with the gp in the next week or so if it doesn't disappear. Coincidentally, it's totm too so that might have something to do with it.
I'll see how I get on but good to know that they can go together!
Thanks again
C

I'm not on prozac, but another anti depressant called fluoxetine, I know I'm only in my first week on CD, but everything seems fine with me!

I'm not on prozac, but another anti depressant called fluoxetine, I know I'm only in my first week on CD, but everything seems fine with me!

Fluoxetine and Prozac are the same thing. Its what i am on. One is a generic name the other a brand.

Back